Author Topic: Pelicans (14-16) at Celtics (13-19) Game 33 1/3  (Read 32181 times)

Re: Pelicans (14-16) at Celtics (13-19) Game 33 1/3
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Not Stevens fault ...he has no consistent shooter on the team

Maybe we need Wiggins ...for the last minute shots and dels in game.

AB and Crawford just can not be counted on to hi a shot in last five minutes of a game

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
At what point do we just sit Sully down for a few games so he can get his hand right? His shooting numbers have been horrible lately. 3 for 17? Come on man.

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Not Stevens fault ...he has no consistent shooter on the team

Maybe we need Wiggins ...for the last minute shots and dels in game.

AB and Crawford just can not be counted on to hi a shot in last five minutes of a game
i think they would become more effective if there was a better scorer for the celtics, as pierce used to be for them. the defense would then focus on the scorer and allow more space for bradley and crawford.

but this was known at the start of the season. ainge will get a good scorer sooner or later for the team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Tough loss, but I really liked the fight that our guys showed tonight.  This is a likable team.  Let's go steal a couple out West.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Good comment.........best thing Crawford can do to help.

Not play

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Someone just play the clip of Brad's reaction when we beat Miami (lol)

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
At what point do we just sit Sully down for a few games so he can get his hand right? His shooting numbers have been horrible lately. 3 for 17? Come on man.

Seems pretty similar to what was happening to Kevin Love last year (recovering from a broken hand).  Skilled, soft-handed big men like Sullinger and Love with very limited athleticism are especially hindered by hand injuries.  Their superior touch around the basket is a big part of what enables them to produce.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

PROBABLY at the point where we do not want to tank?

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Regarding Sully's shooting numbers the last two games, at what point do we say the hand isn't the only problem but that the guys guarding him have done a tremendous job.

Sully is a PF playing against centers. The last two games with a hurt hand he play against arguably two of the better defensive centers in the league. They are taller and longer and more athletic than he is and I am sure that affected his shooting as much as a bum hand.

Enough with the let's sit Sully stuff. He is cleared to play. The trainers and medical staff say that if he plays it will not make his hand any worse because if it did that would make him injured, not just hurting.

Did his hand cause him to be off in his shots? Sure. But my guess is playing against Joakim Noah and Anthony Davis, two extremely tall, long and gifted defensive centers played a much larger role in his shooting poorly than did his hand.

Let's give some credit where credit is due. My guess is if he was matched up primarily against Carlos Boozer and Ryan Anderson because we had a real center that needed to be guarded, he would have had much better shooting nights.

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Not to hard to figure latest loss to pelicans!!!  34.8% field goal shooting and 24.1% from 3 point land.
it's not too bad rooting for the Green Machine out here in LakerLand considering the Fakers are not doing much better right now.
I have no idea what the state of this team will be after this west coast road trip but considering we are getting beat in games we should be winning, this trip could be UGLYYYYYYY!!! 

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You know, it occurs to me now that Anthony Davis was pegged as a can't-miss #1 draft pick. Seems like he's been a pretty positive player for the Pelicans.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Regarding Sully's shooting numbers the last two games, at what point do we say the hand isn't the only problem but that the guys guarding him have done a tremendous job.

Sully is a PF playing against centers. The last two games with a hurt hand he play against arguably two of the better defensive centers in the league. They are taller and longer and more athletic than he is and I am sure that affected his shooting as much as a bum hand.

Enough with the let's sit Sully stuff. He is cleared to play. The trainers and medical staff say that if he plays it will not make his hand any worse because if it did that would make him injured, not just hurting.

Did his hand cause him to be off in his shots? Sure. But my guess is playing against Joakim Noah and Anthony Davis, two extremely tall, long and gifted defensive centers played a much larger role in his shooting poorly than did his hand.

Let's give some credit where credit is due. My guess is if he was matched up primarily against Carlos Boozer and Ryan Anderson because we had a real center that needed to be guarded, he would have had much better shooting nights.

It's not just the last 2 games though. It's been the last 5. I didn't do the math but he must be shooting close to 30%. I get that he's been medically cleared but just because he's been medically cleared doesn't mean he's gonna be effective.

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Agree, he is playing out of position.   He never had length and always has struggled against length.   When playing Center this is even worse as he is even smaller.   Being smart and savvy helps him but it can only go so far against a good defender who stays on his feet.

I actually thought he got a lot of bail out veteran calls last night against Steamer.   Some of those didn't look like fouls to me.  For me we got the calls folks.  It was a good thing because he was shooting horrible last night and was 3-17, probably another reason not to try to be the man and shoot a buzzer beater.  Your not 100% either.

The shot I thought was dumb by Sully was taking the final three.   Your a BAD SHOT anyways JARED!   You had a hurt hand!  Give it to someone who can actually SHOOT A THREE!  It was a selfish bone headed play  shooting that when you average  .27% from 3P line.  Jeff Green, Bradley and Crawford all shoot at least .38%, 41% and 32%.  Bass shots 67% from there.

Humph does not shoot them.  Out of the guys who do only Pressey shoots then worse than Sully.   Why he took this took this shot is beyond me other than he wanted to play with Wiggins.   It was a bonehead move that cost us the game.  Hero ball is zero ball!

Loved his rebounding effort though.