Author Topic: Celtics (13-18) at Bulls (12-18) Game #32 1/2  (Read 32869 times)

Re: Celtics (13-18) at Bulls (12-18) Game #32 1/2
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
is this coach turning into doc rivers....benching KO after he showed how he can play the other night..when he actually gets a few passes..!!!

Lord I hope not......

Pretty sure it was in response to KOs awful defense... I would have liked to see more of him but this whole seasons one big experiment anyway. can't wait until we trade some of these pfs and sgs at the deadline

ii don't get it though..you say ko defense was bad..he was in only 8 minutes..and our defense SUCKED..soooooo...?

Gibson played him like a toy for the 4 mins he was in to start. Like I said I would have liked to see more of him but it's not the most surprising thing in the world that he was benched

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Wow.......letting Dunlevy.......put the mamba on us......just brutal

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
So, I'm looking at the box scores as I missed the game.

KO only played 8 minutes, was he injured?

Benched for some reason

I was going to say. He had a career night and then 8 minutes the next game.

Wow. Weird.

I know he was all around great the other night..and it would be perfect to have him D up noah...and then work on chi on the O.....but no play.....

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
is this coach turning into doc rivers....benching KO after he showed how he can play the other night..when he actually gets a few passes..!!!

Lord I hope not......

Pretty sure it was in response to KOs awful defense... I would have liked to see more of him but this whole seasons one big experiment anyway. can't wait until we trade some of these pfs and sgs at the deadline

ii don't get it though..you say ko defense was bad..he was in only 8 minutes..and our defense SUCKED..soooooo...?

Gibson played him like a toy for the 4 mins he was in to start. Like I said I would have liked to see more of him but it's not the most surprising thing in the world that he was benched
well no one else seemed to be defending the paint with him out......everyone lost their man and they were scoring easy inside on us......4 minutes is not a good amount of time to judger I would say.....imagine if everyone got pulled by the same standard then..?

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lord I hope not......
It's funny, because yesterday Nickagneta said:

"You guys criticizing Doc Rivers and loving Brad Stevens will be the first guys calling for Stevens head after three losing seasons.

I said it now, January 1st 2014.

Book it. It will be happening in 2-3 years. You will all turn on him and being having similar complaints about Stevens.

It's been a day and it's already starting.  Give it 3 years of subpar basketball.  Not Brad's fault... team just lacks talent.

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Lord I hope not......

well no one else seemed to be defending the paint with him out......everyone lost their man and they were scoring easy inside on us......4 minutes is not a good amount of time to judger I would say.....imagine if everyone got pulled by the same standard then..?

Who knows. Maybe they're showcasing some guys as well (I hope)

« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Nets with win over OKC

Tank you very much Nets

We need for the Hawks to fail

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Lord I hope not......

"You guys criticizing Doc Rivers and loving Brad Stevens will be the first guys calling for Stevens head after three losing seasons.

Book it. It will be happening in 2-3 years. You will all turn on him and being having similar complaints about Stevens.

It's been a day and it's already starting.  Give it 3 years of subpar basketball.  Not Brad's fault... team just lacks talent.

Not blaming Brad at all.......just hope he KO thing wasn't a Doc ish 

« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Lord I hope not......

Not blaming Brad at all.......just hope he KO thing wasn't a Doc ish

pretty dumb move to bench KO until the last three minutes.
But thats how Brad is.

He won't nag, tell you to turn it around in the timeout, he will just bench you if you don't perform.   

« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
With the Knicks and Jazz winning tonight, they only trail us by 2.5 and 3.5 games while having the second and third worst records in the league respectively. Let that sink in.

Edit: Whoops, Knicks passed the Magic, but the C's are still relatively close to the bottom...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:28:38 AM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Temporarily out of the playoffs and tied with the Lakers for the 9th/10th worst record in the league.  Woo hoo!  If we get thrashed by the Western conference, we might be in good draft position by the end of this month.

If Rondo sits or gets traded we should be battling The Bucks and 76ers for the top spot.

« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2014, 03:08:10 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
This team was clicking for a while and not looking too bad and then something happened and instead of playing together like they were, now it seems everybody has his own agenda.
I'm guessing these guys are feeling the pressure of being cut or traded and are playing for themselves and not the team.  this game was sad, they could have mailed it in.

On another note, I would think seriously about retaining Humphries. not only do I think he likes it here, I think he's earned a shot. I know it's a long year and you have to see how things work out but the guy is a real good second team inside guy.
I have no idea what's up with not playing KO, something just ain't right.
the Bass/Green thing looks like it might have spilled over into this game and Crawford hasn't done one thing right since he was voted player of the week and that tells me a lot. all he is good for is dribbling us out of games!!!

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This team was clicking for a while and not looking too bad and then something happened and instead of playing together like they were, now it seems everybody has his own agenda.
I'm guessing these guys are feeling the pressure of being cut or traded and are playing for themselves and not the team.  this game was sad, they could have mailed it in.

On another note, I would think seriously about retaining Humphries. not only do I think he likes it here, I think he's earned a shot. I know it's a long year and you have to see how things work out but the guy is a real good second team inside guy.
I have no idea what's up with not playing KO, something just ain't right.
the Bass/Green thing looks like it might have spilled over into this game and Crawford hasn't done one thing right since he was voted player of the week and that tells me a lot. all he is good for is dribbling us out of games!!!
I've said it before: The only one who is tanking is Danny Ainge, by having a roster like this and keeping Crawford is part of that.