Author Topic: Celtics/Cavs/Rockets 3 team trade. We lose Green but get back Asik+Waiters  (Read 5039 times)

Re: Celtics/Cavs/Rockets 3 team trade. We lose Green but get back Asik+Waiters
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't understand this. People rather trade Jeff green and first round picks and Brandon bass, for omer asik instead of Carmelo Anthony.

LOL THE MINDSET OF THIS FORUM.

I'd like Melo, we still have enough picks to get him.
Question is, if we get Carmelo-what happens to Green and Sully.
Do we keep Green as the small forward and put Melo at the PF (his strongest position generally), or do we move Green to another team and keep Sully at the PF?
If I'm trading for Melo I strongly consider keeping Green for a line up of
Rondo
Sg
Green
Melo
C

Sully can probably be 6th man for 2 years and slide into the starting PF position (putting Anthony back at SF) against particular line ups.
Very strong weapon to have that flexibility.
Just dunno how deep into tax we'd have to go.
I wouldnt take back Amares deal under any circumstances-in fact the Knicks can have Hump and Wallace for Amare.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Celtics/Cavs/Rockets 3 team trade. We lose Green but get back Asik+Waiters
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't understand this. People rather trade Jeff green and first round picks and Brandon bass, for omer asik instead of Carmelo Anthony.

LOL THE MINDSET OF THIS FORUM.

Melo is not a team player.   He fades in the playoffs.   I don't care for him or Asik ideally.

Melo= Modern day Iverson, he won't win a title because volume scorers don't lead their teams to them often.