Author Topic: Celtics/Cavs/Rockets 3 team trade. We lose Green but get back Asik+Waiters  (Read 5021 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Houston receives:
Brandon Bass
Courtney Lee
Vitor Faverani
2015 Clippers pick

Cleveland Receives:
Jeff Green
D Montejunas
Jordan Crawford

Boston receives:
Omer Asik
Dion Waiters
Alonzo Gree

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lumpnxr

*Houston gets Faverani as a cheap back up for D Howard whilst getting Lee and Bass. If we really have to, we give them a future 2nd rounder. (or if Cleveland demands it).

*Cleveland finally gets a decent small forward in Green,
They get Crawford to play the combo guard spot like Waiters did as they make a push for the playoffs.

*Boston gets Asik to man the middle, and we also get Waiters as a solid young prospect.

This most likely falls over because Cleveland won't give up Waiters for Green- but that's about as much as they'll ever get for him and they need a scorer. Getting Crawford is a great replacement for Waiters and they can put Bennett at the PF position and interchange Green and Bennett in small ball line ups.

Celtics line up.

Rondo
Waiters
Gee
Sully
Asik

Avery is possibly gone this offseason- or we are looking at around at least 6 million a year for his work.... and Waiters is locked up at 3 million for 3 seasons. With Stevens as his coach, waiters would be in excellent hands and there wouldn't be any bickering with another scoring guard like in Cleveland.
Ron Adams will work with Waiters on his shot and hopefully he becomes the next Dywane Wade as he's shown glimpes of.

We get slightly worse on offense losing Green and Crawford but our defense is solid, while Sully moves back to the PF position.
Probably lose a few more games with this roster because of the scoring problems but we then have picks for the next 3 years to find a decent small forward and we have free agency options.
Gee is young and doesn't cost anything, but he's not really starter material so he's here for another season as a back up small forward while we wait for that star player.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:13:16 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Celtics/Cavs/Rockets 3 team trade. We lose Green but get back Asik+Waiters
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 02:39:06 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Love the trade for us, seems like Houston gets an okay deal as well, not great but okay. I do feel though that Cleveland would want a pick in return for Waiters, and I think we'd be the team to have to give it up.

Which I'd be willing to do, I really like Waiters.

Good idea, I just think Cleveland gets the short end of the stick and would need a sweetener.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 04:40:42 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i rather keep Green

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 07:12:31 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Great trade idea and TP for it..i think all 3 teams would do this.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We get Waiters and AB could be shipped off for a SF.  Gee is not a long term answer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4232/alonzo-gee

he is horrible.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Tommy point. I like it for the Celts and I think all 3 teams would go for it.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:06 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Another one-sided Celtic proposal.  Yawn.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Another one-sided Celtic proposal.  Yawn.

It's not the most far-fetched deal you'll see. Both of the main players coming back to Boston are (or are rumored to be) malcontents so that doesn't exactly raise their value. I know you expect the Rockets to get a good return on Asik but the fact that not a single team offered anything they'd consider for Asik and their leverage is going down as time goes by has to figure into the equation at some point in time.

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Houston rejected Bass-Lee-Pick for Asik didn't they?  I don't think they would buy Bass-Lee-Vitor-Pick for Asik plus a prospect (Montejunas).  This trade is in the ball park though.  I am not for giving up Green for Asik but if we get Waiters back too, that is on the right track.

I think Cle does the best in this so maybe there is something more they can give or maybe Crawford goes to Houston and Lin gets dumped on Cle.

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
must be me but I think the C's get hosed in this deal.

They give up 5 NBA-rotation quality players (Green, Lee, Bass and Crawford have all started at some point in their careers and they're all playing well this year.  Vitor is no slouch either -- definitely a decent back up center) and a 1st rounder in what's considered (at the moment) a good draft next year.   They only get back a offensively-challenged center that can defend and rebound who's getting paid $15 mill next year, a mediocre player in Gee and a prospect picked to high in his draft that hasn't shown much yet in Waiters.

Way too much for the C's to give up.  I can't see why Houston or Cleveland would turn this down but hopefully Danny would.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Houston and Cleveland make out like bandits. If Ainge doesn't get another couple of unprotected first rounders in that trade, he would be fired very soon.

Give Fav a whole season to develop his English and his body and he'll give you more than Asik for 1/5 the money.

Waiters could end being the best player in the trade, but he also could be a total bust, or something in the middle, not better than Crawford. I want an extra pick for insurance.

Asik... well, we've talked about him ad nauseam, he's a decent center, and swapping him for Bass+Lee is a good move, the LAC pick would require Motiejunas, IMO.

Green glasses/kool-aid or not, Green would be the best player in the trade right now, and Bass would arguably be the second best. In my opinion, you don't use Green on lateral moves, you package him with other positive value assets in order to get a better player.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I ve  decided.....anything that benefits the Celtics via trade

Ain't happening.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Well, if the purpose is to get worse this is a good trade.

Waiters is good, Asik is okay, but thats a lot to give up for those two players.

At this point Bass and Lee should be able to get Asik, Huston is just being stubborn.

And if Waiters is on the outs with the team, AB and a couple first rouders should work.

And while at it trade Crawford for Shroder, and try to work some thing out to get Atlantas first round, that's were Green could come in handy.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
And if Waiters is on the outs with the team, AB and a couple first rouders should work.

Wonder if they would like Courtney Lee he is a SG/SF right?  They need a SF badly.   I would do him and a later first for Waiters but doubt they would do it.

I would try to swap AB for a little more.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I don't understand this. People rather trade Jeff green and first round picks and Brandon bass, for omer asik instead of Carmelo Anthony.

LOL THE MINDSET OF THIS FORUM.