Author Topic: Trade Jeff Green and Olnyk for Asik  (Read 6021 times)

Re: Trade Jeff Green and Olnyk for Asik
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think this is the thread/trade idea that has officially put me over the top on the Asik saga. I have to believe this is a joke.

Good riddance and Merry Christmas!

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Kelly Olynyk is, until Rondo is back on the court, our best playmaker. He's a Tommy Point collector and he's just overwhelmed by the speed and athleticism of the pro game. He'll be a totally different player when he gets to play consistent minutes. Age doesn't matter that much.

And Asik is a bad offensive player at any level. He was pure garbage in Eurobasket this summer, when he was supposed to be one of Turkish NT best players. He may have been injured or something, but he didn't look like a capable Euroleague center.

Amazing. Our best playmaker until Rondo comes back is averaging 1.6 assists per game in 20 minutes.  ::)

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kelly Olynyk is, until Rondo is back on the court, our best playmaker. He's a Tommy Point collector and he's just overwhelmed by the speed and athleticism of the pro game. He'll be a totally different player when he gets to play consistent minutes. Age doesn't matter that much.

And Asik is a bad offensive player at any level. He was pure garbage in Eurobasket this summer, when he was supposed to be one of Turkish NT best players. He may have been injured or something, but he didn't look like a capable Euroleague center.

Amazing. Our best playmaker until Rondo comes back is averaging 1.6 assists per game in 20 minutes.  ::)

That is probably a bit of an overstatement, but he isn't a 'me-first' guy and often is looking for his teammates rather than himself. Also, he has shown to be a very good passer even if the opportunities are somewhat limited.

While I don't think Kelly's ceiling is Dirk, he has proven to me that [at the very least] he should be a solid rotation player in this league. I am in the camp that Olynyk and Hump is a deal Houston should take for Asik if ever offered to them - clears money for next year and gives them a versatile big going forward.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think this is the thread/trade idea that has officially put me over the top on the Asik saga. I have to believe this is a joke.

Good riddance and Merry Christmas!

I agree ....TP. ...pass that spiked eggnog.....I need it too

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Would definitely not trade Olynyk! Everytime I see him play I can't believe he is so BAD(yes I said bad), but I have this gut feeling that in time--hopefully next year he'll realize his own talent, and just explode into the dynamic player he looked like in SL.

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
crazy pills. terrible deal.

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 05:15:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
For those that want to trade Olynyk,can you first give him a year or two?? Geez

The guys body is only 75 percent nba ready.  From year 2 to year 3 in college he was only 70 percent optimal shape. Then he took a year off and got to 90 plus percent. 

So what does that tell you he is going to do this offseason then? Is he going to couchsurf or work hard to get to his goal?

Once he puts on 15-20 pounds and improves his speed/athleticism like Dirk I bet he will get back to SL state we all saw this year.

If he improves his body but still plays like today + can't shake off the nervousnesses than he is forever a role player. But you just eat the mistake and try to make it up with one of your many 9 first round picks

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 06:51:06 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Is this a Rockets fan in disguise ???
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Oh, you were serious.... :-[

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 08:58:35 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

He's not the most prolific assister, but he's very good at setting his teammates up, and when he's on the court the offense is more fluid. He's been terrible with his scoring, but he seems to understand the game better than our guards.

He looks like a very focused player that is struggling big time with his adaptation to the NBA game. He'll get better.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

He's not the most prolific assister, but he's very good at setting his teammates up, and when he's on the court the offense is more fluid. He's been terrible with his scoring, but he seems to understand the game better than our guards.

He looks like a very focused player that is struggling big time with his adaptation to the NBA game. He'll get better.

I agree.  I think that after Rondo and perhaps JC, KO is our third best passer on the team.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
For those that want to trade Olynyk,can you first give him a year or two?? Geez

The guys body is only 75 percent nba ready.  From year 2 to year 3 in college he was only 70 percent optimal shape. Then he took a year off and got to 90 plus percent. 

So what does that tell you he is going to do this offseason then? Is he going to couchsurf or work hard to get to his goal?

Once he puts on 15-20 pounds and improves his speed/athleticism like Dirk I bet he will get back to SL state we all saw this year.

If he improves his body but still plays like today + can't shake off the nervousnesses than he is forever a role player. But you just eat the mistake and try to make it up with one of your many 9 first round picks

Agreed.  Not sure why some fans are already giving up on KO.  IMO he was coming along just fine before the injury.

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Trade Green for Asik and bring up Chris Wright from the Maine Red Claws to replace him at forward.Green lacks the fire to be a longterm piece to build around. He can't create his own shot and disappears for long stretches of the game. Let's get the center we need, Olnyk is not the player I thought he'd be. So Green and Olnyk to Houston for Asik.

You must be my old college buddy who could not stand the Celtics. Merry Christmas anyway.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Absolutely not.

Not only does Jeff Green is I think equal value with Asik (when it comes to Houston's needs), Olynyk has shown that he can be a very solid player.

Asik is good, be he is not worth that much.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace