Author Topic: Is Larry Sanders a realistic target?  (Read 7432 times)

Re: Is Larry Sanders a realistic target?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
why did this thread turn into an OJ Mayo discussion? Sanders is not exactly in high demand right now.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure Sanders or Mayo, signed long term, to expensive contracts, are the type of players you want to add to a rebuilding team. You might just get similar or better players in this year's draft(Willie Cauley Stein and Wayne Seldon) that would be cost controlled and cheap for the next 4 years.

not to mention that Sanders and Mayo are not the type of players that will lead your team to a championship

I think the goal here, though, is that Rondo and Sullinger would be leading the team with Green and Mayo as the main wing scorers and Sanders holding down the paint.

Honestly, it's not a bad looking line up and seems like it could be attainable (or something similar). It depends on if you think Mayo is better than Bradley, so that part isn't really necessary, but really all our line up needs is a fantastic two-way center (obviously a lot to ask) and we could be a real force. Guys like Hibbert, M Gasol, Cousins, Drummond all would be ideal moving forward. Even Aldridge or Monroe would be nice. I don't think Asik gives enough offensively to make us a legit team, though.
At the $19 million it would cost you for them over the next couple of years, its not the best idea, especially for investing in your 3th and 5th scoring options on offense.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm not sure (edit: no idea) if Milwaukee is having buyer's remorse on Sanders, but if they do, we have Kris Humphries' expiring that we can throw to Milwaukee and work a deal around those two.

Sanders is a bit overpaid, but as a very good rim protector, I would not mind that.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Never have been the biggest fan of Sanders.

Limited player who excels at one aspect of the game.  He could be a solid piece for the right team, but not the C's, at least not right now.

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
No interest in OJ Mayo. Agreed with others who said Mayo couldn't beat out Avery Bradley for starting job at SG.

Larry Sanders is interesting. Mixed reports about how happy Milwaukee is with him so he might be a realistic target. I am still not completely sold on L.Sanders so I wouldn't be willing to give up a large ransom for him. But if the price is low, I would take a chance on him. Say Humphries (expiring) + 1 or 2 late firsts (heavily protected picks).

I think Sanders could be a very good fit on this team alongside Sullinger and Rondo. His shot-blocking and rebounding defensively + his athleticism cutting to the basket for a passer like Rondo would be a sight to see.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
No interest in OJ Mayo. Agreed with others who said Mayo couldn't beat out Avery Bradley for starting job at SG.

Larry Sanders is interesting. Mixed reports about how happy Milwaukee is with him so he might be a realistic target. I am still not completely sold on L.Sanders so I wouldn't be willing to give up a large ransom for him. But if the price is low, I would take a chance on him. Say Humphries (expiring) + 1 or 2 late firsts (heavily protected picks).

I think Sanders could be a very good fit on this team alongside Sullinger and Rondo. His shot-blocking and rebounding defensively + his athleticism cutting to the basket for a passer like Rondo would be a sight to see.

Right. This. I said it in the Asik thread as well. My only gripe would be the pick(s). I don't think the Bucks would take one pick they knew would be in the 20s for Sanders. But a pick (potentially) in the teens plus Hump? Or maybe two lates? I believe both teams would be interested.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd rather have Henson to pair with Sully.  Henson can protect the rim.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I'd rather have Henson to pair with Sully.  Henson can protect the rim.

And Sanders can't? So would they, which is why they'll presumably be open to trading Sanders at some point.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
And Sanders can't? So would they, which is why they'll presumably be open to trading Sanders at some point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6592/john-henson

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4265/larry-sanders

Sanders is more realistic because he is by far the worser of the two players.

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6592/john-henson

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4265/larry-sanders

Sanders is more realistic because he is by far the worser of the two players.
Sanders has played in 3 games this season...

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Embiid

Could help

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Can he, really?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Fresh off a bar fight! Sanders hasn't played all year after signing his big extension this summer. Milwaukee has looked like one of the worst teams in the league and appears ripe for tanking.

Danny would probably have to take Mayo's contract back as well and really clear the books.

Here's my idea,

Humphries, Bogans, Olynyk, 2015 LAC first rounder for Larry Sanders and Oj Mayo.

Rondo/Mayo/Green/Sullinger/Sanders

I don't think the Bucks would even take the phone call...

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 12:32:34 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 02:13:07 AM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
He averaged 10ponts, 10 rbs and 3 blocks a game last year for the bucks and he's only 25 years old. He has "character issues," but if Brad Stevens can make Jordan Crawford into what he is today, he could definitely work with Sanders. I'd love the Celts to trade picks and expirings to get him. Rondo/AB/Green/Sully/Sanders would be a ridiculously good lineup with Crawford/Lee/Wallace/KO/Fav as the bench for the foreseeable future...yes.