Author Topic: Is Larry Sanders a realistic target?  (Read 7433 times)

Is Larry Sanders a realistic target?
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Fresh off a bar fight! Sanders hasn't played all year after signing his big extension this summer. Milwaukee has looked like one of the worst teams in the league and appears ripe for tanking.

Danny would probably have to take Mayo's contract back as well and really clear the books.

Here's my idea,

Humphries, Bogans, Olynyk, 2015 LAC first rounder for Larry Sanders and Oj Mayo.

Rondo/Mayo/Green/Sullinger/Sanders
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Is Larry Sanders a realistic target?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »

Offline Croc Hunter

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think I'd pass on Larry. For mine he's not the kind of player that will help win you another title.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Not sure I want to pay him that much.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
He has 4 years at $11M coming to him after this season.  He may play to that contract value, I don't know, but I don't think now is the time to make that kind of a commitment to a player that is not enough of a sure thing.

With all the draft picks we have, we may get an even better big man and then we will wish we spent the money on maybe a wing or something. It could work out that we draft wings and then in a couple of years we look back and say I wish we had a good complementary big.  You just don't know but I prefer not to make that commitment until we see how a few more things play out.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Danny would probably have to take Mayo's contract back as well and really clear the books.

Highly unlikely the Bucks are going to shed additional salary with Sanders, if they decide to trade him.

I would trade for Sanders, but only on the cheap. Guy looks like a pretty big risk right now.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Sanders would be a good partner for Sully and Olynyk, it could be a good gamble, but the numbers of the OP don't work. Sanders+Delfino for Crawford+Bogans works straight. I'd do that trade, don't know if the Bucks would, though.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I would love for tha C's to have Sanders but as someone mentioned above, only for tha low.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we are taking on Sanders and Mayo, then they have to take Wallace or find someone who will. Last year, Mayo was exactly the kind of player I wish we had signed. I think it was between him and Lee and we went with Lee. While things have evened out a bit between the two, Mayo still has more potential to be an impact player in this league. Sanders obviously is an awesome fit with Sullinger and Olynyk.

Big contracts coming in, but no superstar potential. We would have to cut a couple of our bad contracts to even come close to making it work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:55:20 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Rather start Bradley next to To Rondo than Mayo.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Hes a bit of a risk but a player like Sanders would compliment Sully perfectly. Great rim protector. Id love to get him here

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Henson is playing well right now and they play two similar position ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:32:50 PM by Yenohb »

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Is Sanders a realistic target? No.

Ekpe Udoh though is, if we want to go for him.

No way we get Sanders AND Mayo for the type of package you suggested.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure Sanders or Mayo, signed long term, to expensive contracts, are the type of players you want to add to a rebuilding team. You might just get similar or better players in this year's draft(Willie Cauley Stein and Wayne Seldon) that would be cost controlled and cheap for the next 4 years.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Not sure Sanders or Mayo, signed long term, to expensive contracts, are the type of players you want to add to a rebuilding team. You might just get similar or better players in this year's draft(Willie Cauley Stein and Wayne Seldon) that would be cost controlled and cheap for the next 4 years.

not to mention that Sanders and Mayo are not the type of players that will lead your team to a championship

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

not to mention that Sanders and Mayo are not the type of players that will lead your team to a championship

I think the goal here, though, is that Rondo and Sullinger would be leading the team with Green and Mayo as the main wing scorers and Sanders holding down the paint.

Honestly, it's not a bad looking line up and seems like it could be attainable (or something similar). It depends on if you think Mayo is better than Bradley, so that part isn't really necessary, but really all our line up needs is a fantastic two-way center (obviously a lot to ask) and we could be a real force. Guys like Hibbert, M Gasol, Cousins, Drummond all would be ideal moving forward. Even Aldridge or Monroe would be nice. I don't think Asik gives enough offensively to make us a legit team, though.