Author Topic: Kevin Love  (Read 5523 times)

Re: Kevin Love
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
It depends on where the picks are. If it's a top 10/15 then I probably wouldn't, but if they're outside lotto and Minny does I might consider it. Sully is a fave of mine though.

These picks are looking more and more like landing in the 16/17-25 range so it wouldn't be a bad idea. That's why seeing where they actually land is so important if we use them for trades.

As close as the C's are to the #3 seed in the East, they are almost just as close to the 2nd worst record in the NBA.  Only 4 wins seperate the Celtics from five teams with 8 wins -- and only Milwukee has fewer wins with 6.  After tonight, the C's will likely be 12-17 -- one bad stretch from looking again like a lottery lock.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Would Hayward necessarily get a max?  I'm wondering if the Stevens connection and a chance to play with Love and Rondo might be very attractive to him.

Utah is going nowhere fast.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Would Hayward necessarily get a max?  I'm wondering if the Stevens connection and a chance to play with Love and Rondo might be very attractive to him.

Utah is going nowhere fast.

You only get so many shots at a max deal. Dudes who were in a position to get one and chose not to are rare.

That said, he might be playing himself out of that position. He's not having a very good season. His shooting has been awful.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Isn't Love from CA?   I see him going to LA before here.   I think he would night be worshipped here but I don't see it happening.

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Let's assume that the Celtics eventually add Asik.

Let's also assume that Minnesota realizes it isn't re-signing Love after next season.

At the draft, would you trade both of our first rounders and Sullinger for Kevin Love?  Other contracts (trade exception too?) would have to be added, but that would be the foundation for the deal.

Oh, then reunite Hayward and Stevens.

PG - Rondo
SG - Hayward
SF - ???
PF - Love
C - Asik

No because it's extremely unlikely that the Wolves consider this trade unless those first round picks are non-guaranteed and we are bad enough for at least one of them to be a high lottery pick...and if that's the case then we probably wouldn't do it.

I have to say though, a front court of Love + Asik would go well together.  Asiks defense would help to cover up for Love's defensive weaknesses, while Love's scoring would cover up Asik's weakenesses on that end of the court. Rebounding definately would not be a problem.

The only down side I see is that both are almost painfully slow and lacking in athleticism...but if you have talented guys with skills that complement each other, then I think that's ok (think Sully + 37 year old KG last year). 

Still I doubt the Wolves do this, and I am still wondering if Sully might turn out to be as good as (if not better than) Love eventually.  He has the offensive skill set as well as the rebounding skill set to eventually match Love in those areas, but Sully is a far superior defensive player.  Plus he's on a rookie contract, while Love would set us back a max cotract guaranteed...albeit he is worth one.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
I like Sullys game and that's why I thought he'd be a good trade piece.  I just don't think he's going to be a 25 ppg player.  If I did I hold onto him.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Also can we please take Hayward out of this? 

Hayward per 36 minutes is averaging 16.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 4.5 assists while shooting 39% from the field and 27% from three.

Bradley per 35 minutes is averaging 16.2 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists while shooting 46% fromn the field and 40% from three.

The only area where Hayward is outperforming Bradley singificantly is passing (a known weakness of Bradley), while Bradley has been a far more efficient scorer as well as a far superior defender.  Because of his athletic talent he probably has significantly higher upside than Hayward as well.

Hayward is OVERRATED. 

Just sayin!

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 12:24:46 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
Apples and oranges.  Hayward would line up against the 2's and 3's of the league.  Bradley's not going to be doing that at 6'2".

Hayward would be a solid 3rd option for this team.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Been watching a lot of Minnesota this season for fantasy reasons and I'm head over heels for Love. Has the potential to be even more dominating offensively than the stats say, gets looked over sometimes even when hot. Good eye for assists, beautiful outlet passes. Perfect fast break big. Not usually the guy to make the big defensive play but he's pretty good all around when locked in, and he's been locked in often this year.

Has heart too - last night Love was decked with a flagrant 2 by Barnes and immediately responded with a 3 pointer. I'd give up just about anything to get the guy in green for the rest of his career.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Isn't Love from CA?   I see him going to LA before here.   I think he would night be worshipped here but I don't see it happening.

Agreed, if Love has any say on where he ends up. I don't think he heads to Boston as a free agent, but he could end up here in a trade, which is the point of the thread.

Personally, I hope that Kevin Love stays far away from Boston. For my money he's an overrated one-way player putting up inflated numbers on a bad team that's spared the criticism of similar players in larger markets.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
Love has size, shooting, rebounding, and passing.  He's a dominant force.  Many NBA players became better defenders as their careers progressed and Love strikes me as the type who would be willing to work on it to become more complete.

As far as his LA connection, I'd be willing to risk it as long as Ainge begins going after an extension with him immediately. 

There aren't many dominant players in the league who become available and when one does you have to go for it.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Personally, I hope that Kevin Love stays far away from Boston. For my money he's an overrated one-way player putting up inflated numbers on a bad team that's spared the criticism of similar players in larger markets.

"Inflated numbers?" How so? Minnesota is a top-10 offensive team. (Might be 11 now).

And I'm curious, where would you rate him? top 10 player? Top 5? Neither?