Author Topic: Kevin Love  (Read 5522 times)

Kevin Love
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Let's assume that the Celtics eventually add Asik.

Let's also assume that Minnesota realizes it isn't re-signing Love after next season.

At the draft, would you trade both of our first rounders and Sullinger for Kevin Love?  Other contracts (trade exception too?) would have to be added, but that would be the foundation for the deal.

Oh, then reunite Hayward and Stevens.

PG - Rondo
SG - Hayward
SF - ???
PF - Love
C - Asik

Re: Kevin Love
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »

fitzhickey

It depends on where the picks are. If it's a top 10/15 then I probably wouldn't, but if they're outside lotto and Minny does I might consider it. Sully is a fave of mine though.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
I think it might be too soon to assume Love can stay healthy an entire season.

I wouldn't trade Sully if he stayed healthy this whole year and ended up averaging, say.. 18 ppg 8 rpg. That's promising stuff.

I would try to package the picks for a better SG
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:17:29 PM by jojowhite10 »

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I'd love to see Hayward and Love on the same team just for the sake of them forming the palest duo in the league.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 07:52:26 AM »

Offline Robert24

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'd rather do Asik, Green and Crawford for Gasol if they decide to blow it up next season. I can see them wanting to build around Mike Conley since he's younger and PGs are probably more important to a team nowadays.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'd rather do Asik, Green and Crawford for Gasol if they decide to blow it up next season. I can see them wanting to build around Mike Conley since he's younger and PGs are probably more important to a team nowadays.

Yeah, in acquiring Asik, I assumed he would just be flipped for an even better center in the near future. There is no way [unless we got a superstar at another position] that he would suffice as the center for a championship-caliber team.

As for Sullinger, unless he gains value in the Big Al sense (or Cousins/Drummond/Hibbert of today), then I see no reason to trade him. He really is proving to be a very valuable player and it's not like he is flaky or anything so I see no reason for his trend to suddenly start trending downward.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If our pick was not a top 8 I would strongly consider this.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
That's the thing.  I think Danny's plan in getting Asik is to lock down a potential 10-10 guy and add at least one other star player.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
It depends on where the picks are. If it's a top 10/15 then I probably wouldn't, but if they're outside lotto and Minny does I might consider it. Sully is a fave of mine though.

Seriously? We'd be lucky to get Love for Sully and two lotto picks and I love Sully. Youre really undervaluing Kevin Love here guys a top 5 player even tjough his defense sucks

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

These picks are looking more and more like landing in the 16/17-25 range so it wouldn't be a bad idea. That's why seeing where they actually land is so important if we use them for trades.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
Love is young enough to be considered a long-term building block so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the picks.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
If I'm getting a "superstar" player I pretty much need a 2 way player unless they are a prolific scorer like a Dirk Nowitzki

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Let's assume that the Celtics eventually add Asik.

Let's also assume that Minnesota realizes it isn't re-signing Love after next season.

At the draft, would you trade both of our first rounders and Sullinger for Kevin Love?  Other contracts (trade exception too?) would have to be added, but that would be the foundation for the deal.

Oh, then reunite Hayward and Stevens.

PG - Rondo
SG - Hayward
SF - ???
PF - Love
C - Asik

You'd have Love and Hayward both on the max, with Rondo due a near-max extension. Are you sure you want to throw Hayward in there?

Regarding your Sullinger + two 1sts idea, I think it's solid (as long as we have an inclination that Love will sign long term, of course)

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I'd love to see Hayward and Love on the same team just for the sake of them forming the palest duo in the league.

Asik is always making fun of those guys for how white they are

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The way Sullinger has been going lately, he could be the best main piece Minnesota get offered for K-Love in a trade next year if Minnesota decide to trade him (should Love not sign a contract extension).

Boston have a good case as the frontrunner to land Kevin Love.

I don't think Boston would need to give up 2 first rounders either. I think one, not even a high one, one late first + Sully could be enough to get it done.