Author Topic: Celtics (12-16) at Pacers (21-5) Game #29 12/22  (Read 31098 times)

Re: Celtics (12-16) at Pacers (21-5) Game #29 12/22
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Jeez people are pretty teary eyed over Olynyk.  Remember when Bradley absolutely sacked his first few years in the league

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Olynyk is awful.

If Larbd33's theory on players peaking at 23 is correct, then what Olymyk is doing this year is what you should expect his whole career because he'll be 23 in April.

So that's a poor shooting, horrid defending, weak, slow tall guy that hustles his way to some rebounds and will cost your team points every time he is on the floor.
Give him another year before you give up on him.  It was an awful draft class.  He was an ok college player with limited upside.
I gave upon him on draft day. The same way I did with JR Giddens, JaJuan Johnson and Fab Melo. My only hope is Danny gives up on him before committing past next year on his contract.

There's a poster on this board quoting me in his sig stating Olynyk would be another JJJ, Jerome Moiso, Adam Morrison and others. I think he put it in his sig to make fun of me. I still stand by that quote after watching Olynyk this year.

He's just not good.
He's definitely in over his head.  I'll tell you one thing.  This is petty and ridiculous, but he needs to cut his hair.  He's too much of a bum to have an eccentric hairstyle.  I can't take him serious.  He looks like an idiot out there.

Save the eccentric hairstyle for when you're actually a relevant player.  You should be embarrassed to be known more for your lovely locks than your basketball skills.

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Personally, I don't see how he(KO)hurts you more than having Bass out there
This is a joke, right?

Bass has given this team about 10-11 PPG, 5-6 RPG, shoots extremely well from his range and plays great defense.

Olynyk hasn't shown he can do any of those things except rebound and even then, usually not against the better rebounding team's rotational players.
I haven't seen anything from Olynyk on the boards that indicates he's worth keeping. 

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Jeez people are pretty teary eyed over Olynyk.  Remember when Bradley absolutely sacked his first few years in the league

that's what I'm worried about, Bradley still sucks and is now older

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Whatever team wins the Titanic will probably be the worst team in history to win a division... just hope it's not us.

Also it seems as though Lance averages a triple double against us

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
This is a joke, right?

Bass has given this team about 10-11 PPG, 5-6 RPG, shoots extremely well from his range and plays great defense.

Olynyk hasn't shown he can do any of those things except rebound and even then, usually not against the better rebounding team's rotational players.

bass only plays great defense against guys like melo and thats about it.

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Olynyk is awful.

If Larbd33's theory on players peaking at 23 is correct, then what Olymyk is doing this year is what you should expect his whole career because he'll be 23 in April.

So that's a poor shooting, horrid defending, weak, slow tall guy that hustles his way to some rebounds and will cost your team points every time he is on the floor.
Give him another year before you give up on him.  It was an awful draft class.  He was an ok college player with limited upside.
I gave upon him on draft day. The same way I did with JR Giddens, JaJuan Johnson and Fab Melo. My only hope is Danny gives up on him before committing past next year on his contract.

There's a poster on this board quoting me in his sig stating Olynyk would be another JJJ, Jerome Moiso, Adam Morrison and others. I think he put it in his sig to make fun of me. I still stand by that quote after watching Olynyk this year.

He's just not good.
He's definitely in over his head.  I'll tell you one thing.  This is petty and ridiculous, but he needs to cut his hair.  He's too much of a bum to have an eccentric hairstyle.  I can't take him serious.  He looks like an idiot out there.

Save the eccentric hairstyle for when you're actually a relevant player.  You should be embarrassed to be known more for your lovely locks than your basketball skills.

lol.  yea the hair isn't cute anymore.

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Boston now at the 8th seed and only a mere half game out of the lotto.  Let's hope for Toronto to win tonight.  I don't want that Atlantic Division Hot Potato.  Aint nothin good to come from it.

Toronto temporarily has the crown with another quarter to go vs OKC.  God that would be hilarious if Toronto won the Atlantic after blatantly making tank trades.

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Rockpaw shot 2-9,  no pass was 3-10 not much difference, no?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Olynyk is awful.

He's just not good.

He's got to go the Robert Swift route, shave his head, get some tats, then he will be all set

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
This is a joke, right?

Bass numbers are a reflection of the minutes he is getting.  Before his injury, KO was comming along.

I guess what I am saying is that Bass is average.  Nothing more.  Yes KO needs to get better, but that won't happen playing 7mins/gm... Which is around hi average since comming back from injury.

....not too long ago AB couldn't shoot it in the Ocean...

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Olynyk is awful.

He's just not good.

He's got to go the Robert Swift route, shave his head, get some tats, then he will be all set
I was thinking the same thing.  Lol.

But no... he just needs to go back to short hair so I can take him seriously.

Maybe grow some facial hair if you're worried about looking like Bieber.   Grow out the eccentric floppy hairstyle when you can back it up with your game.  Adam Morrison all over again.

Who were the folks on this forum who raged when Oly was compared to A-Mo?  A-Mo's rookie campaign looks dominant compared to this.  Someone needs to fess up here.

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
[quote author=I'll tell you one thing.  This is petty and ridiculous, but he needs to cut his hair.  He's too much of  hairstyle.  I can't take him serious.  He looks like an idiot out there
[/quote]. defintely petty.  he wont do any better with a buzz.  worry about his handles.

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Difference between Bradley and Olynyk is he sucked in the league when he was 19. Bradley is only 6 months older than Olynyk and now is a top defender in the league while being a very good shooter.

Olynyk sucks when he is just 4 months shy of being 23. Big difference in my mind. If Olynyk was a 19 year old kid like Bradley and Sully was when they entered the league that would be different. But he's not. Pretty much he is what he is at this point.

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Olynyk is awful.

He's just not good.

You have unreal expectations. He is a rookie. What are bennett, cody zeller and majority of the top 15 doing also?

And tell me , who did u want to have drafted then past olynyk?

The guy needs 1 yr of experience , gain a better body and then lets judge. Tonight he still did decent with his rebounding and passing especially. He is a stretch 4 also and not a dominant defensive player. We all knew that