Author Topic: Why are we allowed to reacquire Pierce?  (Read 1444 times)

Why are we allowed to reacquire Pierce?
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qgrmda2

Silly trade i came up with to make money work, just to prove my point that the trade machine allows us to receive Pierce. Glitch by the machine?

We'd obviously have to give BK a pick to get him back in this deal.

With that said, [dang] i want this guy back. Jeff Green is not as good right now as a 36 year Pierce. So if the Asik trade ever picked up and we wanted to take advantage of conference injuries and make a run, would you take Pierce back as our true SF?

Rondo/AB/Pierce/Sully/Asik

Bench Green/Craw/Wallace/Bass/KO/Pressey/Lee

More trades would need to happen to work out the bench, but [dang] if we could get Asik and PP while having a bench with Green as the 6th man, we're a good team! Healthy Rondo and your a team noone want to see in the playoffs.

PP expires for 15 Mill this summer so no harm to the books.

Re: Why are we allowed to reacquire Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qgrmda2

Silly trade i came up with to make money work, just to prove my point that the trade machine allows us to receive Pierce. Glitch by the machine?

We'd obviously have to give BK a pick to get him back in this deal.

With that said, [dang] i want this guy back. Jeff Green is not as good right now as a 36 year Pierce. So if the Asik trade ever picked up and we wanted to take advantage of conference injuries and make a run, would you take Pierce back as our true SF?

Rondo/AB/Pierce/Sully/Asik

Bench Green/Craw/Wallace/Bass/KO/Pressey/Lee

More trades would need to happen to work out the bench, but [dang] if we could get Asik and PP while having a bench with Green as the 6th man, we're a good team! Healthy Rondo and your a team noone want to see in the playoffs.

PP expires for 15 Mill this summer so no harm to the books.

I would love to acquire Pierce and put him as a sixth man or swap SF with him and Green. Unfortunately due to NBA rules, we can't reacquire players like Pierce until the year has ended.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I want Pierce, as the leader of the bench.

Yes, for those 12-15 mins, he can still be truly elite & lead the 3rd quarter in scoring & defense.

The thing here is that Green's got to be a starter and play a majority of the SF minutes, if the team's going to advance as a unit.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i might be wrong, but i believe the nba rules state that once you trade a player to another team, you are not allowed to reacquire that same player for 1 year.

so, let's move on past pierce now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva