Author Topic: Timberwolves (11-12) at Celtics (11-14) Game 26 12/16  (Read 22172 times)

Re: Timberwolves (11-12) at Celtics (11-14) Game 26 12/16
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
the celtics have the fourth best record in the conference at 12-14. If the season ended today, they would have home court in the first round and the 19th pick in the draft.

It is amazing just how crappy the eastern conference is right now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Let's get to the Pistons thread and talk about Drummond.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I also wonder how many on this site who said we needed more stars to compete feel about how many stars we will need after watching Sullinger develop into a stud.

Could it be that Bradley and Sully are actual stars in the making? Starting to look that way if you ask me.

That was always the upside of forming a winning team this year.  You don't get the sexy picks in the draft, but instead the players you already have start amassing value. 

At this point everybody in the rotation is playing well relative to realistic expectations.  Gerald Wallace is the lone exception statistically, but even in his case he's doing some good things on the court even when he's not scoring. 

In particular, the quartet of Crawford, Bradley, Bass and Sullinger are performing beyond what could have realistically been hoped of them.  Should we choose to move them, they'll have suitors.

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I also wonder how many on this site who said we needed more stars to compete feel about how many stars we will need after watching Sullinger develop into a stud.

Could it be that Bradley and Sully are actual stars in the making? Starting to look that way if you ask me.

That was always the upside of forming a winning team this year.  You don't get the sexy picks in the draft, but instead the players you already have start amassing value. 

At this point everybody in the rotation is playing well relative to realistic expectations.  Gerald Wallace is the lone exception statistically, but even in his case he's doing some good things on the court even when he's not scoring. 

In particular, the quartet of Crawford, Bradley, Bass and Sullinger are performing beyond what could have realistically been hoped of them.  Should we choose to move them, they'll have suitors.
Sully has been amazing.  I thought he looked horrible in pre-season.  He's lived up to the hype for sure.

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I know the idea of basketball is to win banners but I'm having so much fun with this team, can't we keep them??? ;)

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Speak for yourself.  I've always considered Bass to legitimately be at least a fringe NBA starting-caliber PF.  Bradley isn't even playing as good as I think he can be.  Crawford is playing a level that I thought he was theoretically capable of, but never had confidence that he could mentally sustain.  I'll admit to Sullinger being better than I expected this season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Sully has been amazing.  I thought he looked horrible in pre-season.  He's lived up to the hype for sure.

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI  16 Dec 
Jared Sullinger continues to remind people that he has lottery-level talent. 22 points tonight, 12 in the fourth. When healthy, a beast

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.