Author Topic: Timberwolves (11-12) at Celtics (11-14) Game 26 12/16  (Read 22069 times)

Timberwolves (11-12) at Celtics (11-14) Game 26 12/16
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Minnesota Timberwolves (11-12) at Boston Celtics (11-14)
Monday, December 16, 2013
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #26, Home Game #13
TV: NBA-TV, CSNNE, FSNorth, NBA-TV Canada
Radio: WBZ, WCCO-AM
TD Garden

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Jordan Crawford...Avery Bradley...Jeff Green...Brandon Bass...Jared Sullinger

Celtics Reserves

MarShon Brooks
Kelly Olynyk
Kris Humphries
Vitor Faverani
Phil Pressey
Courtney Lee
Keith Bogans
Gerald Wallace

Injuries
Rajon Rondo (ACL)out
Kris Humphries (probable)

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Ricky Rubio...Kevin Martin...Corey Brewer...Kevin Love...Nikola Pekovic

Timberwolves Reserves

JJ Barea
Dante Cunningham
Robbie Hummel
Gorgui Dieng
AJ Price
Alexey Shved
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Shabazz Muhammad

Injuries

Chase Budinger (knee) out
Ronny Turiaf (elbow) out

Game Notes

The Timberwolves make their only visit to TD Garden leading the series 1-0.  They also beat the Celtics in Minnesota 106-88 and they also beat the Celtics in a game in the preseason. 

The Wolves played in Memphis on Sunday night, winning 101-93.  They come into this game looking for their second straight win.  The Celtics last played on Friday, beating the Knicks at home, and are also looking for their second straight win.

The Wolves are just 4-8 on the road while the Celtics are 6-6 at home.  The Wolves have dropped their last seven visits to Boston, dating back to a 99-97 victory on Mar. 6, 2005.

Key Matchups
  vs 
Brandon Bass vs Kevin Love
Kevin Love is a tough cover for anyone and is a 20-20 threat on any given night.  He scored 30 points and pulled down 9 rebounds in their win over the Grizzlies on Sunday. He scored 23 points in the game in their first regular season meeting.  Brandon Bass has been praised for his defense this season and he will have a challenge in this one trying to slow down Love.

vs
Jared Sullinger vs Nikola Pekovic
Pekovic is a strong and athletic big man and Jared is going to need to defend as well as to make him work on the defensive end.  Pekovic scored 20 in their first meeting.  We may see Faverani guarding Pekovic if he starts to have a big game. 

Honorable Mention

Avery Bradley vs Kevin Martin
Martin is capable of putting up a lot of points in a hurry but Avery will make him work for his points in this game.  He scored 20 points in the first game earlier in the season.  Also,  Martin isn't known for his defense so Avery may have a big game. Bradley scored 27 in their first meeting. 

Keys to the Game
Defense
- The Celtics must defend. The offense feeds off of the defense and if the Celtics can't get stops they struggle on the other end as well.  The Wolves have players who can hit the outside shot and so the Celtics have to guard the perimeter but they also have players who can get inside so they also have to protect the paint. 

Rebound
- The Celtics must get rebounds to prevent second chance points and fast breaks. Rebounding takes effort and desire and the Celtics have got to show both and crash the boards as a team. Pekovic and Love are very good rebounders and the Celtics must box them out and fight for rebounds.

Be Aggressive - The Celtics have to be aggressive in going after loose balls and rebounds and in taking the ball to the basket. They also have to be aggressive on defense. When they are aggressive in going to the hoop good things happen. The Celtics have to play like they want it more.

Set the Pace- The Celtics must run from the beginning of the game until the final buzzer. Running will allow them to get easy baskets as they get down the court before the defenses set up.

X-Factors
Home and Energy
The Celtics are at home and should get a boost from the home crowd and having had 2 days off prior to this game.  The Wolves are on the road and played on Sunday night in Memphis and had to travel overnight which could mean less energy for them. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:19:14 AM by FLCeltsFan »

Re: Timberwolves (11-12) at Celtics (11-14) Game 26 12/16
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Typo there on Derrick Williams  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This will be a hard fight.

Love can score and score and score .....ugh.......he is a demon on the Boards

We need Hump s tuff ness and a motivated Fav to slow their big giant center down.

They have a good coach .

110% effort to win this

GO. celtics :)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:21:32 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Love and Pekovich for a combined 50rebs ;D

Hump and Fav nedd to put a body on Pek and this will be a nice shootout from the 3 between Sully and Love ;D
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 12:13:44 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Bold Predictions:  another Crawford triple double?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:20:16 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
GO C's
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:49:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Celts come out on fire and give the wolves some payback. Sully outplays Love. Green and Crawford light it up from everywhere.

C's by 20+ book it
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:32 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pek will beast our undersized frontcourt again, and Love will provide Sully with a demonstration of the very best that a rebounding, three-point shooting PF with a decent post game can be.

At least 2-3 highlight passes by Rubio around a bewildered Crawford.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Pek will beast our undersized frontcourt again, and Love will provide Sully with a demonstration of the very best that a rebounding, three-point shooting PF with a decent post game can be.

At least 2-3 highlight passes by Rubio around a bewildered Crawford.

Yup ...here we are again without a serious sized center to counter the BiG centers most good teams have. 

I hope Hump can play , he doesn't mind banging hard under the rim with these giant centers.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I demand more highlight from Rubio than the one we got last game.

Bold Predictions coming soon.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
We must learn how to win at home with more consistency and this would be a good game to start a 2-0 run.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
When I saw Corey Brewer working out here in September, he showed talent and worked hard.  That said, although it was not a game situation, he reminded me a lot of Jeff Green.  Very talented and athletic, but maybe not quite aggressive enough.  Because it wasn't a game situation, that may not be a fair assessment.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Join us in the CelticsBlog chat room after the game to interact with the CLNSRadio crew for further chat fun and analysis.  The show call in phone # is:  (347)215-7771.

Per the CLNSRadio website:

"The Boston Celtics are back at TD Garden tonight, facing the Minnesota Timberwolves. The CLNS/CelticsBlog crew will have all of your game coverage handled.

Your broadcast crew is B-Paul and Mike "The Scotsman" Munger. Oliver Connolly will also be stationed in the chat room at CelticsBlog and manning the CLNS Radio social media outlets. As always, we will be taking your calls throughout the entire broadcast."
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Gonna miss the game.

Bam Margeras band is coming to my town, yes, I don't know what he's thinking with that one. But regardless I'm gonna go see it.

Hope we win. If not I'll try and slap Bam Margera in the face for making me miss a Celtic game.

But my Bold Predictions are

Jeff goes for 36
Sully wont miss from 3 point land.

We win by 7

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i predict he celtics will win, unless of course they don't.  ;D

goooooooo celtics...and thanks flc for the thread.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva