at New York Knicks (6-15) at Boston Celtics (10-14)
Friday, December 13, 2013
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #25, Home Game #12
TV: CSN-NE, MSG, NBA-LP 758(DTV), 755(xfinity)
Radio: WBZ 98.5, ESPN NY 98.7
TD GardenProbable Starters
PG:Jordan Crawford..................................... SG:Avery Bradley
C: Jared Sullinger
SF:Jeff Green ........................................... PF:Brandon Bass Celtics Reserves
Rajon Rondo (ACL)out
Kris Humphries (knee) questionable
Kelly Olynyk (ankle) day to dayProbable Starters
PG:Iman Shumpert.......................................... SG:Pablo Prigioni
SF:Carmelo Anthony .................................. PF:Kenyon MartinKnicks Reserves
Metta World Peace
Tyson Chandler (fibula) out
Raymond Felton (hamstring) questionable
Iman Shumpert (knee) day to day Game Notes
The Knicks will look for revenge, after being embarrassed at home by the Celtics in their last meeting, when the teams meet in Boston on Friday night. The Knicks will also be looking for just their 2nd two game win streak this season.
The Celtics have lost their last two games after blowing out the Knicks by 41 and will be looking to get back on track in this game. The Knicks are 3-7 in their last 10 games and 3-7 on the road while the Celtics are 6-4 in their last 10 games and 5-6 at home.
The Knicks will more than likely have Kenyon Martin back for this game but will be without their starting point guard, Raymond Felton. In addition, Iman Shumpert is listed as day to day after bumping knees in Wednesday's game vs the Bulls.
Kelly Olynyk may return in this game after missing the past 10 games with a sprained ankle and is listed as a game time decision. Kris Humphries is also listed as questionable after injuring his knee in Wednesday's game vs the Clippers.
Jeff Green vs Carmelo Anthony
Carmelo is averaging 25.6 points and 9.9 rebounds per game and is a tough cover for any player. He is coming off of a 30 point night against the Bulls. Jeff Green needs to make Carmelo work on the defensive end and he needs to stay with Melo on defense and make him work for every shot. Granted he won't be able to get under Melo's skin like KG used to, but he can defend and make him work.
Jared Sullinger vs Andrea Bargnani
Bargnani is averaging 15.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game and needs to be defended all the way out to the 3 point line. Bargnani has a height advantage over Sully, but Sully has a strength advantage. Sully did a good job defending him in their first meeting and hopefully will do so again.
Keys to the GameDefense
- The Celtics need to especially defend the 3 point line as the Knicks have good 3 point shooters and can get hot from beyond the arc. The Celtics need to make sure they don't give up open looks from the outside. The Celtics allow 5.4 made 3-pointers per game, fewest in the NBA, and they need to continue to guard the perimeter well in this game. Rebound
- The Celtics need to rebound as a team in order to keep the Knicks from getting second chance points. Much of rebounding is effort and desire and when the Celtics show both on the boards, it usually transfers the rest of their game.
- The Celtics need to run at every opportunity. They have young legs and energy on their side and they need to use it to their advantage. If they can beat the defense down the court, they will get some easy shots.Take the Ball Inside
- The Celtics need to try to get the ball inside and not settle for outside shots all game, especially if their shots aren't falling. Taking the ball into the paint will usually either give them an easy shot or draw a foul or an open man on the perimeter.Don't Over Dribble
- The Celtics are at their best when they are moving the ball and not just dribbling out the clock. They need to share the ball and move it without a lot of dribbling. Keep the ball moving. Start Fast, Finish Strong
- Te Celtics need to get off to another fast start as they did in the first win against the Knicks. It's too hard to dig their way back if they get down early. They also need to play hard for 48 minutes and finish strong. They can't let up because the Knicks will be looking for blood in this one and the Celtics will need to keep their focus for all 48 minutes. X-Factors
The Knicks will be looking to avenge that 41 point loss to the Celtics from Sunday. The Celtics need to be ready for that and stay focused. If they come in thinking that they will have an easy win without playing hard, they will end up on the losing end.