Author Topic: Avery Bradley rejected a four-year extension, worth 24 mil  (Read 29175 times)

Avery Bradley rejected a four-year extension, worth 24 mil
« on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:40 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Celtics are trying to keep Avery Bradley and they offered him a four-year, $24M contract extension last summer but he turned it down.

He wants at least 8 mln per year

Per Bleacher Report,  In fact, that's why, according to a source, the Celtics offered Avery Bradley a four-year $24 million deal (with a team option on the fourth year) this past offseason, but he turned it down. That's because he wants at least $8 million per year, which another source confirmed. Bradley will be a restricted free agent next summer, so things could get "tricky," as one source said, for the Celtics to keep him.
While Bradley had been considered limited offensively coming into this season, he's improved in that category from November to December. So far this month, he's averaging 15.2 points per game while shooting 50 percent and 60 percent from the field and three-point range, respectively.

Sorry
If this was already posted then delete or move to other topic

Re: Avery Bradley rejected a four-year extension, worth 24 mil
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If that's the case then I believe he will be gone by the trading deadline. I don't see Danny wanting to pay Bradley 8 million a year.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The Celtics are trying to keep Avery Bradley and they offered him a four-year, $24M contract extension last summer but he turned it down.

He wants at least 8 mln per year

Per Bleacher Report,  In fact, that's why, according to a source, the Celtics offered Avery Bradley a four-year $24 million deal (with a team option on the fourth year) this past offseason, but he turned it down. That's because he wants at least $8 million per year, which another source confirmed. Bradley will be a restricted free agent next summer, so things could get "tricky," as one source said, for the Celtics to keep him.
While Bradley had been considered limited offensively coming into this season, he's improved in that category from November to December. So far this month, he's averaging 15.2 points per game while shooting 50 percent and 60 percent from the field and three-point range, respectively.

Sorry
If this was already posted then delete or move to other topic

bye then.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Dang you just beat me to it! TP ;D
I think that they would eventually agree on something during FA. I mean they could meet halfway and give Avery 7 million pr. year.
On the other side, he is a restricted FA so i dont see him going anywhere, unless its through a trade.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If that's the case then I believe he will be gone by the trading deadline. I don't see Danny wanting to pay Bradley 8 million a year.
Don't think that will happen, I don't see anyone offering him this type of contract next summer.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It is Bleacher Report, but I suppose it's possible. I don't know how psyched I am going forward with 8 mill / yr for Bradley. I guess if Rondo were more in the Westbrook mold (score first pg), it would make more sense, but I think we are going to need a superstar sg moving forward and Avery doesn't seem to quite have that potential.

I may totally be underrating him, though. If we had a Gasol / Cousins / Drummond at the center position already, then I might feel more comfortable with Bradley moving forward - especially with Crawford coming off the bench.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Don't think that will happen, I don't see anyone offering him this type of contract next summer.
There is no need to trade him. No one will pay him that and if he signs an offer sheet the C's will just match.

Also, Bradley is shooting 38% from 3 and 45% overall. He is certainly having a breakout year on offense and I only expect this to improve once Rondo comes back. The troubling thing is, his defensive numbers are some of the worst of his career. I think when Rondo comes back they allow him to pressure he ball more and he becomes worthy of four year $24 MM deal.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:59:20 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Is a Gordon for Bradley swap possible

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Bradley's such a peculiar player because of his tweener size, and still-uncertain offensive capabilities. I can see him being a great fit on some rosters and with certain types of players, but not on others.

So, I don't see the logic in making a big commitment to him before we get the more important pieces of our roster sorted out.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Which Gordon? Eric, Ben, or Hayward?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
hmm 4/24 was what i figured he was worth going into the season. i would have gone as high as 4/26 since i expected his FG% to go up since he simply has to good of form to keep shooting poorly. today i might go as high as 4/29. i find it difficult to see him at 4/32, although on a contract that goes down per season instead of up i could live with it ie 9.5/8/7.5/7

im thinking hes going to be dealt at the deadline instead thought.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney

Which Gordon? Eric, Ben, or Hayward?

I was thinking eric gordon. I know salaries don't match

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'd wait for the draft before we did anything.  If we end up drafting where I think we will, there might be a decent SG or combo guard (Semaj, Garry Harris, James Young) but there won't be any Centers.  If we can trade some combination of Bradley + Pierce Exception + ATL pick + future pick(s) + an expiring for a legit center, we could have:

Rondo
James Young
Green
Sully
Legit Center (Asik, one of the Gasols, Monroe)

I'm not exactly sure how the trade would work, but this draft could at the very least make Bradley redundant and he could help us upgrade at the 5 in the meantime

Then we'd have a legit bench, too. 

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think that Bradley should be able to get a full MLE contract from someone, so it makes sense that he shouldn't sign an extension unless he gets significantly more than that.  In Bradley's shoes, I'd probably also want to wait and see about the direction of the franchise.

I would be willing to go over the MLE to retain Bradley, but in terms of salary cap maneuvers, I don't think it made sense to extend him unless he was willing to sign a contract that started out at less than his cap hold for next season ($6.3m).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Yikes.

I don't think I'd go over $5mill or so for Avery.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.