Author Topic: Avery Bradley rejected a four-year extension, worth 24 mil  (Read 29181 times)

Re: Avery Bradley rejected a four-year extension, worth 24 mil
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If he keeps playing this well he'd be worth 8 million per year.

We will have to trust Danny to evaluate it at the end of the year.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I do think that some people underestimate Bradley's value because they can't get past his (lack of) height.

I think his record shows that if you don't make him play point guard, he's a guy who is very likely to be named first or second team All-Defensive and could score 14-15 ppg with 40% shooting on threes.

If you believed Bradley is likely to play at that level over the next four years with some potential to be better, how much is he worth?  How much more would you be willing to give him if he had the same numbers but was three inches taller?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 08:04:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ab is worth 8 on the open market. If danny doesnt think, he should trade him by the deadline.

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Look at things this way.  How many starting SGs would you rather have for the next 4 plus years when looking around the league.

Wade, Johnson, and Kobe most likely will have fallen off a cliff by then if they haven't started to already.

These guys I would most likely take over Bradley:

DeRozan 24 yrs old
K Thompson 23
Harden 24
E Gordon 24 (if healthy)
Beal 20 ( I really like him)

Then it's a whole bunch of guys that are debateable if you want to have for the next 4 plus years over Bradley IMO because of age and/or play.

JR Smith 28
Redick 29
McLemore 20
Waiters 22
Caldwell Pope 20
Stephenson 23
Mayo 26
Ellis 28
G Henderson 26
Afflalo 28
Maybe Oladipo 21- if he stays at SG
K Martin 30
Matthews 27
A Burks 22

The look at this upcoming draft.  The high end talent seems to be at SF and PG not SG unless if Exum, Smart, Parker, or Wiggins can start off their career at the 2.

So Bradley seems to be in the same tier with a bunch of guys IMO, and not many clear cut better to have for the next 4 plus years.   I say we end up with him because we might not find a clear better alternative.

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
I do think that some people underestimate Bradley's value because they can't get past his (lack of) height.

I think his record shows that if you don't make him play point guard, he's a guy who is very likely to be named first or second team All-Defensive and could score 14-15 ppg with 40% shooting on threes.

If you believed Bradley is likely to play at that level over the next four years with some potential to be better, how much is he worth?  How much more would you be willing to give him if he had the same numbers but was three inches taller?

i said already that as of today i would go as high as 4/29. if he was 3 inches taller i would up that to 4/29.5 or maybe 4/30

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If he continues to shoot well and andnplay excellent defense, I really would not mind overpaying for him, but not more than $8 million.

He offers an elite skill, not to mentiom he plays well with Rondo. If he keeps the shooting, we keep him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

i said already that as of today i would go as high as 4/29. if he was 3 inches taller i would up that to 4/29.5 or maybe 4/30

Ok, now I'm curious as to the actual barrier between 4/29 and 4/29.5

Is it based on anything to do with the luxury tax ceiling, or is it just a comfort level thing (AB is worth ~7.25 but not ~7.37 a year?)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
AB if people know is pretty close to Jeff Green.  But i also think there is a friendly competition going on between the two.

If you were AB, would you feel as a player you are lower than Jeff Green or better?

If i were AB, i'd think i'm pretty close. I made 2nd team all defense, plus i know i can score at a good efficiency rate (which he is doing now).

8 million is about right for the kid. I'd sign him to 4 or 5 years and rather try to trade Coutney Lee.

With AB for sure he can come off the bench, play some PG and give you excellent defense. Plus there is still a chance for him to be better than he has shown. So not your dead set starting future sg, but more like an insurance starting SG
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:37:01 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
Celtics dodged a bullet then. You don't win championships by overpaying average talent.

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Celtics dodged a bullet then. You don't win championships by overpaying average talent.

My thoughts exactly. TP. I would not sign Bradley for four years 24 million. Too much for me.

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Bradley is 23 years old, has around 2-3 more years of developing before he's in his prime of 26-30.

His PPG, FG%,3P% and Rebounds have all increased, in some cases dramatically, since last season. He is shooting 45% on 3s over the last 30 days.  His offense is really coming around.

On defense there is literally no one else better then him at his position, and he will be at the top for the next 4-5 years easily.

There is still a lot of season to go, but so far AB is trending upwards.  Rondo could help boost his numbers also, but we'll see. Overall I think if this continues he will be worth pretty close to 8mil per year, and I dont know if Danny should be quick to say "no thanks". He might actually be worth a lot more then 8-9-10 mil per year if he reaches full potential when he's 25+.

67   Thaddeus Young, PF   Philadelphia 76ers   $8,850,000
68   Kendrick Perkins, C   Oklahoma City Thunder   $8,727,437
69   Jeff Green, SG   Boston Celtics   $8,700,000
70   Mike Conley, PG   Memphis Grizzlies   $8,600,001
RK   NAME   TEAM   SALARY
71   Jameer Nelson, PG   Orlando Magic   $8,600,000
72   Charlie Villanueva, PF   Detroit Pistons   $8,580,000
73   Rodney Stuckey, SG   Detroit Pistons   $8,500,000
74   Omer Asik, C   Houston Rockets   $8,374,646
75   Jeremy Lin, PG   Houston Rockets   $8,374,646
76   Ryan Anderson, PF   New Orleans Pelicans   $8,308,500
77   Marcus Thornton, SG   Sacramento Kings   $8,050,000
78   Caron Butler, SF   Milwaukee Bucks   $8,000,000
79   O.J. Mayo, SG   Milwaukee Bucks   $8,000,000
80   Jeff Teague, PG   Atlanta Hawks   $8,000,000
81   Mark Blount, C   Miami Heat   $7,967,375
82   Ersan Ilyasova, PF   Milwaukee Bucks   $7,900,000
83   Marcin Gortat, C   Washington Wizards   $7,727,280
84   Trevor Ariza, SF   Washington Wizards   $7,727,280
85   Brandon Jennings, PG   Detroit Pistons   $7,655,503
86   James Posey, SF   Indiana Pacers   $7,595,600
87   John Salmons, SF   Sacramento Kings   $7,583,000
88   Taj Gibson, PF   Chicago Bulls   $7,550,000
89   Marvin Williams, PF   Utah Jazz   $7,500,000
90   Arron Afflalo, SG   Orlando Magic   $7,500,00
I'd rather have AB at 8 than several on that list...that said those guys are on bad contracts.  That's the beauty of restricted free agency.

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
How about we trade AB, JCRAW & Brooks to Cleveland for Waiters and Zellers?
What say you?

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 10:43:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I don't see him getting 8M per year from anybody else.   The market has already been set for guards... I don't see any way he gets the same money as players like Teague, Conley, Jennings, Mayo, and even Green.  The all had proven production and way more upside than Bradley does.

So if we don't work something out, then he'll sign to a reasonable offer sheet which the celtics will match.

The stupid teams that would overpay don't have any more money than the MLE to spend which I'd be fine with.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
6 million per was more than fair from Ainge. Reality is that Bradley is a 6'3 combo guard, with horrible passing and ball handling skills. He's a solid shooter, but without better ball handling I can't see him being anything better than average on the offensive end.

Before anyone points to his offensive development realize 13 points on 12 shots isn't anything to right home about. Bradley is still a below average offensive player. He's also one of the worst passers I've seen at his position in a long time. I'd rather see Ainge trade him than pay him 8 million next year or let him walk for nothing.

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
The Celtics are trying to keep Avery Bradley and they offered him a four-year, $24M contract extension last summer but he turned it down.

He wants at least 8 mln per year

Per Bleacher Report,  In fact, that's why, according to a source, the Celtics offered Avery Bradley a four-year $24 million deal (with a team option on the fourth year) this past offseason, but he turned it down. That's because he wants at least $8 million per year, which another source confirmed. Bradley will be a restricted free agent next summer, so things could get "tricky," as one source said, for the Celtics to keep him.
While Bradley had been considered limited offensively coming into this season, he's improved in that category from November to December. So far this month, he's averaging 15.2 points per game while shooting 50 percent and 60 percent from the field and three-point range, respectively.

Sorry
If this was already posted then delete or move to other topic

Is Bleacher Report really a credible source?