Author Topic: I will be in attendance tonight and giving Doc Rivers a standing ovation.  (Read 10542 times)

Re: I will be in attendance tonight and giving Doc Rivers a standing ovation.
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

Offline sunnyd656

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
Is anyone else figuring that he knew KG and Pierce were going to be traded? His loyalty was more to them (Maybe Rondo also), than to the Celtics imo.

However, besides any random thinking, it'd be terrible to not clap for him. People who think he ditched out on the Celtics (aka here from 2008-2012) are the same people who think Erik Spoelstra started coaching the heat in the 2010-2011 season.
  Every year there are 6-7 teams with a lower winning percentage than our current record. I think we've gotten so used to ignoring the bottom feeders since 2008 that we've forgotten how bad some teams are.

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He does deserve a standing O

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I ended up on 98.5 during my drive home, and they were taking calls on Doc.

Why is Boston sports talk radio so hopeless? Apparently, the fact that Doc ended in LA is an evidence who "orchestrated the whole thing", because "Ainge could have traded him to,say, Phoenix, and gotten a better pick".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'll just be glad when this whole "reunion week" stuff is over. I know it's a legitimate piece of news, but I've got a bad case of news fatigue.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I don't blame Doc for leaving, and I don't blame Danny for letting him go.  We've got a better fitting coach for our young team, and a #1 pick.

I can't imagine anybody booing Doc.  He deserves applause, for sure.

I see what you did there ;)  Yes, stand up and applaud Doc...for leaving!!! :D  Thank You Doc!  Thank You Doc!

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I ended up on 98.5 during my drive home, and they were taking calls on Doc.

Why is Boston sports talk radio so hopeless? Apparently, the fact that Doc ended in LA is an evidence who "orchestrated the whole thing", because "Ainge could have traded him to,say, Phoenix, and gotten a better pick".

Wow, that is impressively stupid and ill-informed.  Why didn't we trade Doc to a worse team?!?!?!

Although I think you can safely cross the word "Boston" out of your post.

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I don't blame Doc for leaving, and I don't blame Danny for letting him go.  We've got a better fitting coach for our young team, and a #1 pick.

I can't imagine anybody booing Doc.  He deserves applause, for sure.

I see what you did there ;)  Yes, stand up and applaud Doc...for leaving!!! :D  Thank You Doc!  Thank You Doc!

;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I know this is quibbling, but personally I would have liked to see him terribly booed this past game, but then welcomed back next year when we see them. I don't think his abandonment of the team merits severing ties forever, but he did openly lie to all the fans telling them he planned on staying through the rebuilding phase and then left.  He deserved a game of boos for that.

But after that, I would have moved on.