Author Topic: Celtics (10-12) at Nets (6-14) Game #23 12/10  (Read 37458 times)

Re: Celtics (10-12) at Nets (6-14) Game #23 12/10
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
enjoyable game to watch with the late comeback. williams and lopez were too much for the celtics.

loved the traps set by stevens on the nets late in the game.

lots of effort by the celtics. typical inconsistencies on defense. crawford jacked up a few too many shots. but over all a watchable game.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Crawford WALKING the ball up court ALL game is why we lost this game....Crappy Reffing didn't help.

he barely brought up the ball tonight.

you just want to blame the guy.

NO, did you see how he ran and got that layup/foul near the end of the game-?  Only time he did it all night...he walked the clock down the rest of the game.

we lost because of the stupid calls, and no inside defense against lopez.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I thought that when Crawford was in tonight, the offense didn't flow. It was a lot of one on one ball stopping going on. You could hear CBS telling them to speed it up and move the ball. When AB and Lee were in together the offense seemed to flow better. I'm not talking about any other game I only mean tonight, Lee and AB should have stayed in together. I noticed it every time AB/Lee (Wallace) together made the offense flow better... I don't know why he pulled Lee right as we were coming back, as soon as Lee was pulled for Craw, we went back to stagnant offense. Then Crawford started to attack and we looked better, you could see that that's what was missing all night. Craw didn't penetrate like he had b4 tonight and it hurt. We win this game if Bass or Craw (both) had better games... don't look at the stats b/c you would be fooled.

When we move the ball and share, we win! When we hold the ball (1-2 players touch the ball the entire possession), we lose. It's as simple as that. Lopez killed us for sure, but even with that we could have won if Craw and/or Bass played better.

Sully disappeared in the second half. I didn't know he was out there most of the time. He hit 2 3s early in the 3rd and wasn't heard from again.

I don't know how we managed to pretty much shut Lopez down in the 4th but I do wanna know why it took so long.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2013, 12:04:22 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I thought that when Crawford was in tonight, the offense didn't flow. It was a lot of one on one ball stopping going on. You could hear CBS telling them to speed it up and move the ball. When AB and Lee were in together the offense seemed to flow better. I'm not talking about any other game I only mean tonight, Lee and AB should have stayed in together. I noticed it every time AB/Lee (Wallace) together made the offense flow better... I don't know why he pulled Lee right as we were coming back, as soon as Lee was pulled for Craw, we went back to stagnant offense. Then Crawford started to attack and we looked better, you could see that that's what was missing all night. Craw didn't penetrate like he had b4 tonight and it hurt. We win this game if Bass or Craw (both) had better games... don't look at the stats b/c you would be fooled.

When we move the ball and share, we win! When we hold the ball (1-2 players touch the ball the entire possession), we lose. It's as simple as that. Lopez killed us for sure, but even with that we could have won if Craw and/or Bass played better.

Sully disappeared in the second half. I didn't know he was out there most of the time. He hit 2 3s early in the 3rd and wasn't heard from again.

I don't know how we managed to pretty much shut Lopez down in the 4th but I do wanna know why it took so long.

I agree
DKC Suns

« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lopez ...simply changes the game , the way our players play.....they  hesitate play out of sorts, do all kinds of bone head plays avoid the paint ......when Lopez is in there

I ll say if  we had Asik or Gasol or Hibbert or Howard .....on the Celtics we win the game

Otherwise ...we can't expect guys like Sully and Bass to have freakish Lebron James type game at will ......every now and then ...Green, Sully and smaller players can take Lopez or Duncan , or Howard ...but not on a consistent basis....not enough to win a title ....aye a few game a year

I knew we'd lose this game.......the panick, desperation ,  PP came back......all the stops taken back to win this game.......but with Lopez they will win best of a series every time .....

We an t winning a series without a serious center ,   No matter who the rest of the team is ....

Without a Duncan , Howard , Gasol , Noah, Chandler type ......we will never bet better than a fourth seed.

Or wait till a center accidentally falls into Boston.....About  2020

« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2013, 12:53:35 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
We most definitely waited too long to address the Lopez issue. I thought for sure Stevens would take care of it sooner in the second half because he alluded to making changes with regards to Lopez at halftime.  that Lopez is a load!!! well, as long as we learned from it, I can live with it.
Not a bad game though, a couple things go different here and there and it's a win.

« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2013, 03:13:58 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:10 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Here's what Celticshub thinks of the matter:

Stevens gets a big bump for essentially taking Lopez out of the game in the fourth quarter with his double-teaming defensive strategy, but why didn’t he go to it before? Sorry Brad, you’ll be back up at A+ soon. Hopefully this doesn’t ruin your 4.0.

I can live with it b/c it will help us in the future. I just hate it took so long.

With RR we win this game. We were much better when someone was penetrating. Even with Lopez going off we had our chances, we just couldn't do anything offensively, the ball stuck far too much.

I'm hoping the player of the week didn't get into Craw's head. This is his worst game, he wasn't penetrating, the ball was sticking in his hands and he took some bad shots that he hasn't been taking this season (he usually takes only one a game and we can live with that but tonight it seemed he was doing too much).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Wallace that was uncalled for.

Eh, a bit of feistiness doesn't hurt. I'd like to bottle it and give Jeff a transfusion.

Its not feistiness, its being frustrated and unsportsmanlike. And no thank you, I dont want Jeff Green committing unecessary technical fouls, esp non verbal ones