Author Topic: Clippers (13-8) vs Celtics (10-13) Game #24 12/11  (Read 36466 times)

Re: Clippers (13-8) vs Celtics (10-13) Game #24 12/11
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
ONE...SIDED...REFFING.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2013, 02:17:04 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Am I crazy to think had we had a legit center and rondo back we get by the Nets and Clippers? Loving the grit and fight of this team
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2013, 03:15:50 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Am I crazy to think had we had a legit center and rondo back we get by the Nets and Clippers? Loving the grit and fight of this team

We beat both without the center everyone claims we need, all we need is Rondo. We don't need a center, Lopez is a unique player, all teams struggle to stop him. If you notice all of the other centers we have played have performed under their avg, guys like Hibbert and Duncan. The centers and PF in the league are more of the Hibbert/Duncan types, easier for our guys to defend. I knew we would do a good job on both Jordan and Blake b/c they are right down our bigs defensive alley... I was never concerned that either one of them could cause us trouble. Even though Lopez is an offensive beast, we figured him out by the 4th and shut him down. We just couldn't score to save our lives and it was the same story against the Clips. Give us a healthy RR after he gets chemistry with the guys and we are gonna be better than people think. COME ON RR, PLEASSSSSEEEE!!!!

Our problem is scoring droughts, we don't need anyone but a real pg. Craw has been excellent but he is no RR. These two games after winning player of the week Craw hasn't been good. If he isn't penetrating and controlling the offense, we stink. Again, stats are going to fool some people but Craw hasn't been getting the offense moving like he had been b4 winning. We do enough to win on defense but we go minutes upon minutes without scoring. It's not all on Craw but he is usually the one with the ball stuck in his hands. He has been taking a lot more bad shots the last 2 games too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
The loss was pretty easy to figure out.....Faverani is  becoming useless. he's slowly fading into the background, meanwhile Hump was out so cross out two big guys. on top of that Sully is in foul trouble all game. Lee fouls out which forces Stevens to rely on Brooks who turns the ball over four times. with all of that going on we are still playing the Clippers and actually beating them.
This game was a few good plays away from being a win.

As the season progresses you can just feel the need for Rondo. the defense will improve considerably when Rondo is directing the offense and our shooters don't have to set up shots for themselves. Rondo doesn't even have to be 100% to make this team better. his presence alone and passing skills will help considerably.

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The loss was pretty easy to figure out.....Faverani is  becoming useless. he's slowly fading into the background, meanwhile Hump was out so cross out two big guys. on top of that Sully is in foul trouble all game. Lee fouls out which forces Stevens to rely on Brooks who turns the ball over four times. with all of that going on we are still playing the Clippers and actually beating them.

As the season progresses you can just feel the need for Rondo. the defense will improve considerably when Rondo is directing the offense and our shooters don't have to set up shots for themselves. Rondo doesn't even have to be 100% to make this team better. his presence alone and passing skills will help considerably.

Serious question - How much better would a Rondo coming off an ACL injury play than Crawford right now?

« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Serious question - How much better would a Rondo coming off an ACL injury play than Crawford right now?

Yeah, I don't think Rondo would be much better than Crawford fresh from his injury.  But I do think Humphries would have made a difference.  That guy always does something positive when he enters the game.  I know he makes a ton of money, but I would like to keep him around for a veteran presence.  Doesn't hurt that he's very effective whenever he plays.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2013, 11:00:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Crawford has been good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Rondo can't be better than Crawford right off the bat, he should continue with the rehab :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92

I just think, especially the young guys, would benefit by a true floor general out there with superior passing skills.
Don't get me wrong, I really like JC, but when his threes aren't falling, sometimes he tries to force the issue and can be a little erratic.