Author Topic: Celtics (9-12) at Knicks (5-13) Game #22 12/8  (Read 35437 times)

Re: Celtics (9-12) at Knicks (5-13) Game #22 12/8
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That was an awesome game.  The Knicks had won a couple blowouts recently and I thought it might be competitive.  It wasn't even close.  The refs tried to get the Knicks back in the game during the 2nd quarter, but Boston kept dominating.  We have a really likeable bunch. 

Also, Tommy called me an idiot for wanting a high draft pick... so I'm letting it go.  I wanna see these kiddies continue to shock the world.

« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think if we stay healthy and keep improving, and manage to snag the 4th or 3rd seed, we have a shot at reaching the ECF.

You never know.

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Pressey stinking up the joint.

For most of the game, he has been stuck out there with Wallace. It's like playing four on five.

Not interested in rationalizations for a player who has a 25 FG% and shoots 59% from the free-throw line.

Lol. He's an undrafted rookie who gives the Celtics a few OK backup minutes a game. I think he's doing pretty well at this point in his career. But you are right, his offense is not very good right now. He seems to have hit the undrafted rookie wall.
Perhaps in Summer League, yes -- but his performance during the regular season has been anything but ok, even for a backup.

Rondo can't come back soon enough -- that'll really settle our guard rotation.

What were your expectations of an undrafted rookie making league minimum?

I still claim he will have a long NBA career. It maybe as a backup, but still long. He does a lot of things above average, he just can't shoot right now. He can improve that. Most NBA player as do.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Beating Doc.......

And CP3 and their diva   " ZIPPERS "

Would dat be sweet or what?

« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

For most of the game, he has been stuck out there with Wallace. It's like playing four on five.

Not interested in rationalizations for a player who has a 25 FG% and shoots 59% from the free-throw line.

Lol. He's an undrafted rookie who gives the Celtics a few OK backup minutes a game. I think he's doing pretty well at this point in his career. But you are right, his offense is not very good right now. He seems to have hit the undrafted rookie wall.
Perhaps in Summer League, yes -- but his performance during the regular season has been anything but ok, even for a backup.

I still claim he will have a long NBA career. It maybe as a backup, but still long. He does a lot of things above average, he just can't shoot right now. He can improve that. Most NBA player as do.

The kid has helped us win a couple games. He can't shoot and no one will deny that but when people say he has been bad they are not watching. I think he has like a 3-1 assist to turnover. He takes good care of the ball and many times he has made the offense go when we were looking ragged! He also defends really well given the height limitation!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Beating Doc.......

yes, we had best destroy fake doc.  >:(
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I have zero expectations for him. That doesn't mean he's given us "ok backup minutes".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Beating Doc.......

This going to be a very interesting game.....the first one all season where there may be some pressure to pull out a win.

« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Watching recorded footage.

These Knicks have no idea what's coming.

« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2013, 05:48:30 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Gorman: The Celtics are really piling it on
Tommy: Why not? It's Christmas in New York....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Here I am again, a day late and a dollar short!!!

No one expected this.  the die hards are in their glory and the tankers are seeking therapy and during all of this a very likeable gang in green has made us all very happy campers.
Brad Stevens miracle worker??? The players seem to believe in whatever he's preaching.  every game you could see this team getting better with what many of you thought was an inferior cast of characters.
I know it's early but I'm really enjoying the way Stevens has found who plays the best with who and the rotations are clicking.

« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
The best thing about this game, was that the Celtics still would have won even if the Knicks were making their shots.