Author Topic: Rockets seek deal for Omer Asik  (Read 50879 times)

Re: Rockets seek deal for Omer Asik
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
A big man like Asik as our missing piece.

Go ahead and trade picks, even 2014 if top-10 protected.  Trade both of them in 2014 is fine.  We have young guys already, and could end the tank talk.

Asik's totally going to bolt to the highest bidder after the 2014-2015 season, and someone is going to pay too much for him.  We're not winning the title because of him, so I'd rather not trade two picks in the best draft in a decade, protected or otherwise.

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The Rockets need the Chris Humphries from last night's game...Asik for Humphries and a pick is fair...Rockets get out of the final year of Asik's contract---which is huge.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Does anybody remember what we traded for The Chief?

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Number 1 Pick overall (Joe Barry Carrol) for Parish and Number 3 pick (McHale)----Greatest Trade in Celtic History.

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Number 1 Pick overall (Joe Barry Carrol) for Parish and Number 3 pick (McHale)----Greatest Trade in Celtic History.
Nah, trade for right to draft Bill Russell was. But its a strong 2nd

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Yes, perhaps you're right.

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2013, 06:40:13 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Again, why would we want to pay Asik 15M next season? He's not that good. Nevermind giving up picks or young players.

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2013, 06:58:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
A big man like Asik as our missing piece.

Go ahead and trade picks, even 2014 if top-10 protected.  Trade both of them in 2014 is fine.  We have young guys already, and could end the tank talk.

I actually believe that Asik will NOT get a ton in his next deal due to him basically quitting on Houston this year.  It WILL hurt him on the open market.  It would NOT bother me, but it WILL drive his price down!!

I think he could average a double double for us and then we could sign him long-term around 9-10 million per.  That would actually not be too bad. 

Would we have his Bird rights if we traded for him by the 19th??

Smitty77

Asik's totally going to bolt to the highest bidder after the 2014-2015 season, and someone is going to pay too much for him.  We're not winning the title because of him, so I'd rather not trade two picks in the best draft in a decade, protected or otherwise.

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Give  m    Wallace and a pick ......or....... Hump, Lee and second round pick......for Asik

Oddly enough ...I think Wallace would fit in well with the Rocket team ....it's the situation Wallace is looking for .......he wants a chance at a ring ......this would more likely

Or trade Hump or Wallace to Portland to beef up their squad for a serious draft pick .or Bass .

Asik , is probably a top ten center .....centers are hard to come by today....  serious decent  ones anyway.....there is nobody else available in the  near future anywhere as good Asik that a team has the luxury to unload and we have any chance to get ...if there is let us know who....most are under contract and LA is going to be shopping soon , as Pau is old and they lost DW.......

Get him while you can

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:49:49 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The 76ers may be a "viable destination" for disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

It showed thad young for asik

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The 76ers may be a "viable destination" for disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

Interesting.  I'm not sure Young really has reliable range, so I dunno if he'd be a great fit next to Howard. 

Perhaps they could go after Hawes, instead?  Hawes has three point range and also a decent mid-range shot, and Howard could cover for his defensive deficiencies playing at the 4 spot.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Do they plan to play Hawes and Asik together? Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Makes sense for Houston. Makes absolutely zero sense for Philli.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Do they plan to play Hawes and Asik together? Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Hawes shoots a lot of jumpers.  It might work but culturally towards winning they are bankrupt and have been since Moses and Dr. Jones left.

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

And what about Nerlens Noel?