Author Topic: Rockets seek deal for Omer Asik  (Read 50875 times)

Re: Rockets seek deal for Omer Asik
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 02:42:57 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
We'd be nuts not to try Bass, Lee, picks and as little else as possible. Makes sense for both sides.

We'd be "nuts" to trade picks unless you're talking about 2nd rd picks, in addition to Bass and Lee.
maybe a future 1st just to seal the deal but this years picks should be offlimits till the offseason.

i dont see why they pass up lee and bass unless they get a realy good offer i doubt it though

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Sam Amick of USA Today reports that the Rockets continue to search for a lottery pick in exchange for Asik.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Why is everybody so high on Asik anyways. I don't want us to trade any 2014 first rounders away, not any first rounders at all to be honest. I think Asik is a great C but a one way player which is a liability on offense.

I would try Bass / Lee and a 2nd round pick. I would do that or any deal with Wallace / Humphries. Don't trade away Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Sam Amick of USA Today reports that the Rockets continue to search for a lottery pick in exchange for Asik.
If they want to move him, they will change their tone. That is laughable.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
If they want to move him, they will change their tone. That is laughable.

Pretty sure that's the reason he's still in Houston.

I'd like Asik but no way am I giving up a first rounder.

Bass, Lee, Crawford, Humphries, ect is about all I'd offer.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:02 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
Why is everybody so high on Asik anyways. I don't want us to trade any 2014 first rounders away, not any first rounders at all to be honest. I think Asik is a great C but a one way player which is a liability on offense.

I would try Bass / Lee and a 2nd round pick. I would do that or any deal with Wallace / Humphries. Don't trade away Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk
pretty much he does what perkins does hes just a little bigger and can rebound better still a role player no 1st rounders for him

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I still do not understand the appeal of Asik.  People keep telling me he's some defensive stud... really?  You sure?

The dude has averaged like 15 minutes over his career... like 5 points and 4 rebounds and less than a block.  He recently quit on his team after he couldn't coexist with Dwight.   

Offer Gerald Wallace and a 2nd rounder.  I'm not interested.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

pretty much he does what perkins does hes just a little bigger and can rebound better still a role player no 1st rounders for him
You realize Perkins was picked in the first round, and while healthy was considered a good pick, right?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
and so was marvin williams but do you see people giving up first rounders for him i didnt think so.......

and that was a mistake the thunder made

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I really don't see how trading for Asik makes any sense at all for your 2013-2014 Celtics. Asik will go to a team that either, a) needs one more piece to compete (read: Blazers -- especially considering Paul Allen won't mind writing that $15mil check next year) or a team desperate to 'win now' (like the Cats or Bucks). We're decidedly neither.

I've posted two related three-team deals that net something for the Cs:

One ~

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6vbtu5

CHA gets: Asik
BOS gets: Hayward, Jeff Taylor, Greg Smith
HOU gets: Bass, Biyombo, a 2015 1st Round Pick (whichever is lower the Clips or the Cs)

It also works if you remove Bass and the pick, and insert Jeff Green.

Two ~

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lt8wbjs

POR gets: Asik, Marshon Brooks
BOS gets: Lopez (expiring, or a nice asset at the deadline), McCollum, Greg Smith
HOU gets: Jeff Green

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
and so was marvin williams but do you see people giving up first rounders for him i didnt think so.......

So you're saying that a (healthy) Kendrick Perkins is not good enough to be picked in the first round? Or perhaps that "role players" are only picked in the second round?

::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown

So you're saying that a (healthy) Kendrick Perkins is not good enough to be picked in the first round? Or perhaps that "role players" are only picked in the second round?

::)
lol i didnt say that role players can be picked in the first if its a team need but dont ask for a future first round pick when you made that decision to draft a role player with that pick

and no way we give up or anyone gives up a lotto pick for asik in this years draft its nonsense

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

No, but I saw Indiana and Washington giving up 2014 1st rounders for Luis Scola and Marcin Gortat. First rounder isn't that insane an asking price for Asik.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I still do not understand the appeal of Asik.  People keep telling me he's some defensive stud... really?  You sure?

The dude has averaged like 15 minutes over his career... like 5 points and 4 rebounds and less than a block.  He recently quit on his team after he couldn't coexist with Dwight.   

Offer Gerald Wallace and a 2nd rounder.  I'm not interested.

Did you even bother to look up his stats, or are you being intentionally misleading? First of all, his career averages are 5.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks in 19.2 minutes. Second of all, he backed up Noah in Chicago for 2 years before becoming a starter in Houston, so taking the 3.5 year average is pretty pointless.

From his Chicago days, he graded as arguably the best defensive center in the league according to Synergy and various +/- ratings. Of course he was coming off the bench and playing limited minutes, but it was compelling enough for Houston to give him $25M over 3 years.

Then he became a starter. Started all 82 games and averaged 10 points and 11.7 rebounds. He was 3rd in the league in rebounding, with more per 40 than the two guys ahead of him. He threw in a block and excellent team defense. He was limited on offense but good enough to still average double digits.

He's not perfect, but c'mon man. He's just a guy who averages 5 and 4 for his career?

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

No, but I saw Indiana and Washington giving up 2014 1st rounders for Luis Scola and Marcin Gortat. First rounder isn't that insane an asking price for Asik.

Let's keep this simple.

Bottom 10 1st round pick in 2014? Sure. Top 10 1st round pick in 2014? Not happening.

Middle 10? Depends on the aggressiveness / quality of the front office in question, as well as how delusional they are about how good their team will be after Asik joins, and therefore how much worse the pick will be. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)