Author Topic: Cost to get Henson?  (Read 1110 times)

Cost to get Henson?
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I think getting Henson and probably Sanders would fit in well with this team with Rondo at point guard.  Long, athletic running team with shotblockers that can start the break.  Sullinger probably wouldnt fit.  What combo of young players and/or draft picks could make it happen?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lt6txvx

Sullinger, Bass, Brooks, Bradley

for

Henson, Sanders, Knight

I dont want to include Bradley for Knight but its the only way this works.  I think getting that kind of length inside would be worth giving up one or two of the stockpiled draft picks.

This trade really works well with a Shumpert/Amare trade:

Rondo  Pressey/Knight
Shumpert  Crawford
Green
Henson  Olynyk  Amare
Sanders  Vitor

This leaves the team thin at the 2/3 but that becomes fixable through the hpefully high draft pick this summer. 

Re: Cost to get Henson?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
No thanks...

I like Sullinger and Bradley over "Toothpick" Henson, "Knucklehead" Sanders, and Brandon "I Can't Dribble During the Day or" Knight
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:01:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think getting Henson and probably Sanders would fit in well with this team with Rondo at point guard.  Long, athletic running team with shotblockers that can start the break.  Sullinger probably wouldnt fit.  What combo of young players and/or draft picks could make it happen?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lt6txvx

Sullinger, Bass, Brooks, Bradley

for

Henson, Sanders, Knight

I dont want to include Bradley for Knight but its the only way this works.  I think getting that kind of length inside would be worth giving up one or two of the stockpiled draft picks.

This trade really works well with a Shumpert/Amare trade:

Rondo  Pressey/Knight
Shumpert  Crawford
Green
Henson  Olynyk  Amare
Sanders  Vitor

This leaves the team thin at the 2/3 but that becomes fixable through the hpefully high draft pick this summer.

None of those trades even make sense. And while Henson/Sanders are great shot blockers, Sanders has statistically had one of the worst starts of his career.

And I'd like to keep Sullinger. I think he can be an 3-5 time Allstar, and I'd love to keep someone like that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The original trade makes little sense for the Bucks.

However Henson is the type of player the Cs will need to target if DA plans to build on the young players he has and not just use them as trade chips.

Sully and KO both will work better next to a lengthy athletic big to protect the rim. Similare to the Noah boozer tandem.

Hate to do it

but might offer

KO and nets 1st

for

Henson
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet