Author Topic: ***amusing Chad Ford tidbit***  (Read 13276 times)

Re: ***amusing Chad Ford tidbit***
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 09:02:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I think if you want to deal Rondo, you have to do it on draft night with a team that's afraid to blow a lottery pick and needs star power.

For example:

Henson + Giannis + #2 pick (Parker)?

Would be awfully enticing.

Bucks nation would vomit at a proposal like that.
Henson, Giannis AND their pick?

They would give up Henson, a 2nd rounder and Brandon Knight but that's about it.

Your proposal basically wipes out their future.
I actually made a trade post on the Real GM Bucks forum, offering Rondo, Green & Bradley for Henson, Giannis, a pick and some bad contracts & they ran me outta there with hate haha.
Other teams fans (and educated fans in the Real GM instance) just don't value Rondo like we do.

Here's a quote from the GM of another team:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/11/high_price_of_rajon_rondo

"The message has largely gotten through to the rest of the league. One general manager could almost be heard shaking his head at the other end of the phone line yesterday.

“If you don’t hear of some superstar going back to the Celtics for Rondo, don’t pay any attention to it,” he said. “They don’t want to trade the guy anyway, but when people are throwing names like Iman Shumpert and Raymond Felton and Amare Stoudemire (Knicks) out there, you can be sure Rondo’s not involved.

“Look, like I said, they don’t want to trade Rondo. Why would they? I’m sure they’d have to listen if there was another major star involved, but it would have to be really big. This other stuff just doesn’t make any sense.”"

If there's a large disparity between the opinion of those fans and this guy's opinion, you'd have to wonder whether "educated" is the best word to describe them.

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If Ainge does ever trade Rondo, an undeniable fringe benefit would be that 50% of the threads on this blog will no longer be hijacked and destroyed by one guy with Rondo-tinted goggles that literally never clear their fog. It's awful.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If Ainge does ever trade Rondo, an undeniable fringe benefit would be that 50% of the threads on this blog will no longer be hijacked and destroyed by one guy with Rondo-tinted goggles that literally never clear their fog. It's awful.

I don't understand in what way this thread has been "hijacked and destroyed."  Is dissent not tolerated in your world?  Is that the issue?

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I really want to see the Stevens/Rondo combo.  RR's had Doc his entire career.  Brad's not Doc so it's going to be interesting to see what kind of an offense he structures.  Don't think Rondo's going anywhere.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

You mean threads won't be destroyed by someone with anti-Rondo-tinted goggles who keeps insisting that Ainge make the foolish move of trading Rondo for pennies on the dollar.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I really want to see the Stevens/Rondo combo.  RR's had Doc his entire career.  Brad's not Doc so it's going to be interesting to see what kind of an offense he structures.  Don't think Rondo's going anywhere.

I'm looking forward to it, as well.  As a matter of fact, I think he's already begun the process of structuring the offense around Rondo, even in his absence. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

It's always a shame when a little common sense bleeds into these threads. I mean what's the point in talking about what nba GMs think when there are posters on other team's websites?

If you're referring to me, that's fine. I've been hearing about my Rondo-tinted glasses ever since 2008, when people were assuring me that Rondo would never be an average or better pg unless he drastically improved his jump shot and his foul shooting, and that there was no way he'd ever be in the conversation for an all-star game.

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't understand in what way this thread has been "hijacked and destroyed."  Is dissent not tolerated in your world?  Is that the issue?
Actually, in his world, ONLY dissent is tolerated.  You get a bad name if you support players on your own team.

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I dont consider Danny Ainge a liar so much as an 'opportunist' in these type's of trade scenarios. Rondo will be traded only if it improves the team in Danny's eyes. No other reason would make sense to him.

I also think the '3 star' scenario is in play with Rondo like it was with Paul Pierce. If Danny see's the opportunity to put one All Star level player via trade/free agency and one superstar candidate from the draft next to Rondo, he will do it in a heart beat.

Trading away a player like Rajon Rondo means you must replace him or show an upgrade in some way or it is nothing less than a failure. Unless there is a PG in the draft that would replace him pretty much immediately, That is a very tall order.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

You mean threads won't be destroyed by someone with anti-Rondo-tinted goggles who keeps insisting that Ainge make the foolish move of trading Rondo for pennies on the dollar.

Rondo's an excellent player. i just don't insist Rondo is better than he is. and i don't let my love of the Celtics obscure my objectivity about one player.

where have i stated the Cs should trade Rondo? i started this thread about Ainge, not Rondo.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Rondo's an excellent player. i just don't insist Rondo is better than he is. and i don't let my love of the Celtics obscure my objectivity about one player.

where have i stated the Cs should trade Rondo? i started this thread about Ainge, not Rondo.

Who said I was talking about you?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Nobody insists that Rondo's better than he is, although some people point out that he's better than many of his detractors claim he is.

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

I'll go get the popcorn
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
ITT:

Pot calls kettle black. Kettle retaliates, calling pot black.

Actually summarizes the forums as a whole.

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 11:46:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I think if you want to deal Rondo, you have to do it on draft night with a team that's afraid to blow a lottery pick and needs star power.

For example:

Henson + Giannis + #2 pick (Parker)?

Would be awfully enticing.

Bucks nation would vomit at a proposal like that.
Henson, Giannis AND their pick?

They would give up Henson, a 2nd rounder and Brandon Knight but that's about it.

Your proposal basically wipes out their future.
I actually made a trade post on the Real GM Bucks forum, offering Rondo, Green & Bradley for Henson, Giannis, a pick and some bad contracts & they ran me outta there with hate haha.
Other teams fans (and educated fans in the Real GM instance) just don't value Rondo like we do. Now that's not to say other GM's don't like him but it gives you perspective.
I mean they scoffed at a starting 5 of Rondo, Green, OJ Mayo,Ilyasova and Larry Sanders like I was high.

A team like them *might* give up their lottery pick+ Henson+bad salary for Rondo,Sully and Avery Bradley.

Don't like your chances in this draft though.

I went and poked around Bucks Real GM to find your post.  I found it, and I must say there weren't a lot of responses that I would classify as overly "educated."

DKC Seventy-Sixers: