Author Topic: Greg Monroe Trade (rumor/piston fans complaining)  (Read 10462 times)

Re: Greg Monroe Trade (rumor/piston fans complaining)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
what if.....

DET OUT: stuckey and Monroe
DET IN: Green and Bass and Brooks....maybe a pick too

HOUS OUT: Parsons and Asik
Hous IN: Monroe and Lee

BOS out: lee bass green
BOS IN: Asik and Parsons and Stuckey

WhY for DET gets wing help slides Josh Smith to PF and gets a quality back up PF
PG: jennings/bynum/siva
SG: Billups/ Caldwell-pope/brooks
SF: Green/ whoever
PF: Smith/Bass/ jerebko/ villanueva
C: Drummond/ Harrelson

WHY for Houston, gets a scoring PF to go with DEFENSIVE DWIGHT, and gets Lee to help back up harden but loses parsons

PG: Linn/beverly/brooks
SG: Harden/ Lee
SF: Cassipi/ Garcia
PF: Monroe/ Jones
C: Howard/Smith

For Boston....well get a quality starting SG/SF and a C.....pipe dream

PG: Rondo/crawford
SG: Stuckey/bradley
SF: Parsons/Wallace
PF: Sully/ KO/ HUMP
C: Asik/Fav

BOS may need to send a pick or two here n there but i do it without thinking twice

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I occasionally like to glance at various teams forums on Real GM to get a feel of the fans' pulse of their team.

Pistons fans are growing discontented with Greg Monroe due to his lack of an outside shot and poor fit with Drummond and Smith. Fans are clamoring for him to be moved for a wing player who can shoot so that Smith can be moved into his proper PF position. They do acknowledge that they would expect talent is return because 6-11 bigs who average 16-10 with passing skills and court awareness don't grow on trees, but most are willing to cut bait to improve the composition of the roster because of the assumption that they will lose him in the offseason anyways when they are unwilling to match a competitor's offer.

I think an offer consisting around Jeff Green for Greg Monroe would have a competitive chance at being accepted. Green is a player unlike any on their roster and would give them the small forward they desire to reassemble their lineup. Monroe gives us a third big to build around (we would have to extend him) and offers some protection (in the sense of roster stability) against Sullinger's back and Olynyk's development. In the short term, it would leave us with an awkward roster, but we aren't playing to win this year anyways and it creates the opening for the inevitable Celtic Gordon Hayward later in the season/offseason (that is how Pierce's trade exception will be used...I'm convinced).

2014/15 Celtics
Rajon Rondo/Avery Bradley/Gordon Hayward/Jared Sullinger/Greg Monroe?

So for conversation sake, lets call the trade Jeff Green and Courtney Lee for Greg Monroe and Rodney Stuckey. What do you all think of the trade concept and Greg Monroe the player as well as his fit on the team moving forward as a long term investment?

I would toss this out there to them.  With Brooklyn playing so bad, maybe they will bite.

Bostons the better of our 1st between US/Nets and the Clippers G Wallace/Pressy and Brooks

Send us Stuckey/Monroe and a second.  And hope they don't fine a better offer.  Because this one is a shot in the dark.   If Monroe doesn't extend, then loosing two firsts in this draft is not worth it. 

Rondo/Stuckey
Bradley/Lee
Green/Lee/Bass
Sulley/Bass/Ko
Monroe/Vitor/KO
Diggles

Re: Greg Monroe Trade
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Pistons want rondo, if not will want sullinger for monroe. Jazz will likely ask for bradley and olynyk for hayward

No way, i do either trades

I do Bradley and  Ko for Hayward and never look back.

I'd trade .65 for a dollar every time as well. Just good practice.

Don't get the love affair with Hayward. Then you'd have to pay him likely at least $10mill/4 years?

Even with Bradley extended, him and KO will make less combined.

Hawyard against the Thunder:  25 minutes, 2 for 9 shooting, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal zero free throws 6 turnovers, 5 points

Imagine the commentary if Jeff Green, or Bradley, had 6 turnovers and a stat-line like that?

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
So for those of you in the camp opposed to Monroe/Hayward, is it more to do with those players themselves? Is it because you don't like the idea of overpaying 4th year (2010 draft guys)? Would you prefer to build strictly through the draft at this stage? Who would you target instead?

I mentioned these two because I think they are talented young players that the Cs have a reasonable chance at acquiring. Irving, Lillard, and Anthony Davis are untouchable.

I was still hoping someone could address this...
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
So for those of you in the camp opposed to Monroe/Hayward, is it more to do with those players themselves? Is it because you don't like the idea of overpaying 4th year (2010 draft guys)? Would you prefer to build strictly through the draft at this stage? Who would you target instead?

I mentioned these two because I think they are talented young players that the Cs have a reasonable chance at acquiring. Irving, Lillard, and Anthony Davis are untouchable.

I was still hoping someone could address this...

I would think standing pat for now is the best route forward.

Continue to collect assets and develop young talent and look to be position the team for whoever the next (super)star(s) is who demands to be traded. Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge look two likely candidates to become available over the next 12-24 months to me.

I think targeting young talent like Monroe or Hayward who are non All-Stars can be dangerous because you often end up overpaying to get them. I think Boston is better off developing through the draft, using their cap flexibility in upcoming seasons and looking for proven stars who become unhappy with their situation elsewhere.