Author Topic: 3-way panic trade (NY, NJ and LA all panic)  (Read 1069 times)

3-way panic trade (NY, NJ and LA all panic)
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k38oou7

Well.  L.A. doesn't really panic they just decide to turn two old stars into a younger one and hit the lottery this year....then a big free agency in a year or two.

L.A. sends Kobe, Gasol and Meeks to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn sends Deron, Joe Johnson, Teletovic, Reggie Evans to New York, and Mason Plumlee to Lakers

N.Y. sends Carmelo, Stoudamire and Shumpert to Lakers.

eventual Brooklyn starts

Livingston, Kobe, Pierce, Gasol, Lopez    or
Kobe, Pierce, Kirilenko, Gasol, Lopez       or
Livingston, Kobe, Kirilenko, Gasol, Lopez

Bench:  KG, Blatche, Pierce/Kirilenko, Meeks, Jason Terry    Anderson, Shengalia, etc...

Brooklyn picks up a backup big somewhere

As in the current situation, if Brooklyn doesn't have a healthy Lopez, they won't beat the Heat,  and a healthy Kirilenko would help a lot as well.....

Just a fun trade.  I still think a fully healthy Brooklyn team can right the ship.  What's Kirilenko's injury?

Re: 3-way panic trade (NY, NJ and LA all panic)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
So L.A. sends Kobe and Gasol(two older players) to the Nets for Carmelo and Shumpert(two younger players). That's a robbery for the Lakers! If I was the Lakers I would do this trade in a instant, but Kobe is hard to let go of. Now Nets send Deron and JJ(two players not playing good) to the Knicks makes no sense to me. They will have Deron, JJ, MWP, Barg/Evans, and Chandler. If Knicks do this trade they will be the laughing stock of the NBA for years. Nets and Lakers would come out winning in this trade.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
So L.A. sends Kobe and Gasol(two older players) to the Nets for Carmelo and Shumpert(two younger players). That's a robbery for the Lakers! If I was the Lakers I would do this trade in a instant, but Kobe is hard to let go of. Now Nets send Deron and JJ(two players not playing good) to the Knicks makes no sense to me. They will have Deron, JJ, MWP, Barg/Evans, and Chandler. If Knicks do this trade they will be the laughing stock of the NBA for years. Nets and Lakers would come out winning in this trade. I think Knicks need Lopez instead of Joe Johnson to make this trade work better.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I didn't actually look at the trade, but I love the title as tongue-in-cheek comment done in fun. Made me laugh.