Author Topic: Omer Asik to Portland?  (Read 3555 times)

Re: Omer Asik to Portland?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
More like that deal ends with Batum: I'd have to guess that Portland hangs up the phone if Houston brings him up.

I think the appropriate thing for Portland to do, even if they have no intention to trade Batum, is to throw a counter-offer out there to see how Houston reacts.  Propose something like Batum for Asik, Montiejunas, Parsons, and a first, and work towards finding a third team that might want Lopez.

Probably. I don't see Houston going for it, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
More like that deal ends with Batum: I'd have to guess that Portland hangs up the phone if Houston brings him up.

I think the appropriate thing for Portland to do, even if they have no intention to trade Batum, is to throw a counter-offer out there to see how Houston reacts.  Propose something like Batum for Asik, Montiejunas, Parsons, and a first, and work towards finding a third team that might want Lopez.

Probably. I don't see Houston going for it, though.

The idea is to make an offer they would never go for in an attempt to gauge just how far they are willing to go.  If your trading partner accepts your first offer, you are probably bad at negotiating.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think Asik would do well in Portland.

Robin Lopez, bless his heart, has been playing fantastic for the Blazers, though. They'd probably have to part with more than just him to get a deal done, which would leave them quite thin, I imagine.

I think Portland might be better served strengthening its bench rather than upgrading its starting lineup.

Their bench looks pretty solid this year.

Of course, any bench would look good compared to their reserves last year.

I think they need at least one more dependable guy. Mo Williams and Wright are worlds better than what they had last year off the bench, but they still could use another steady big, and perhaps a true SG off the bench. Guys who can be relied upon more than Thomas Robinson and the rookie McCollum. Joel Freeland is a nice grit and hustle guy, but they need more talent there if they hope to advance in the playoffs.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague