Author Topic: Trade Idea: GWall and Bass to Bobcats  (Read 1498 times)

Trade Idea: GWall and Bass to Bobcats
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:50:20 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I am playing off of Jeff's idea of sending Gerald back to Charlotte.  Remember, I live 45 minutes from Time Warner Arena (Bobcats' nest) and have a decent read on the Charlotte sports' community pulse.  Gerald Wallace was the most popular player in Hornets/Bobcats' history.  The Bobcats would have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this year IF they make this trade.  (Don't tell me that Charlotte is currently the 6th seed in the East. I know that.  They have played NO ONE and we are 12-14 games into an 82-game season!!)

So, we trade GWall and Bass for Gordon and an injured Haywood.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6360059

We save a little money this year (2.655 million) which would allow us to sign someone like Seth Curry.

This could be expanded to be GWall, Bass, and Brooks for Gordon, Haywood, and Adrian.  This would save us a little over 3 million this year.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Trade Idea: GWall and Bass to Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Doubtful Charlotte would do it, but MJ does dumb **** all the time. I'd be thrilled if they would.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:39:32 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Doubtful Charlotte would do it, but MJ does dumb **** all the time. I'd be thrilled if they would.

How about if we throw in Marshon??  This would clear another roster spot and clear more cap space this year!!  Would that make them bite??  If not, throw in a future second rounder.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Charlotte is smart, they would insist on getting a first-round pick as part of that deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Yeah I doubt Charlotte would take Wallace for an expiring and add Bass to an already pretty crowded front court.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Yeah I doubt Charlotte would take Wallace for an expiring and add Bass to an already pretty crowded front court.

Probably true.  If we throw in our future #1 from the Clips and take back Jeff Adrian to clear some front court crowding for them, what about now?