Author Topic: Nets Lakers trade idea  (Read 5454 times)

Re: Nets Lakers trade idea
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 04:20:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
You should fully expect this team to rattle off a 15 game win streak at some point.  If you don't think Deron, Johnson, Lopez, KG and Pierce can't dig themselves out of a 3-8 hole with 71 games left on the season, you're dreamin.

There's about one winning streak of 15 or more games in the league every other year on average. It's possible the Nets will go on such a run but it's probably almost as likely they'll miss the playoffs.

Look... bottom line is that they are 1 game out of the playoffs.  Philly is a lock to drop out.  Boston will continue to skid.   Within a month, I'd be shocked not to see New York and Brooklyn at the top of the Atlantic.   Brooklyn could have the 4th seed by the end of the month.

I'd love for Brooklyn and Atlanta to lose every game this season, but it's a pipe dream.  Brooklyn has too much talent.  They'll be fine.

I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't win the division but I don't see them as a 15 game winning streak powerhouse.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 04:31:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
You should fully expect this team to rattle off a 15 game win streak at some point.  If you don't think Deron, Johnson, Lopez, KG and Pierce can't dig themselves out of a 3-8 hole with 71 games left on the season, you're dreamin.

There's about one winning streak of 15 or more games in the league every other year on average. It's possible the Nets will go on such a run but it's probably almost as likely they'll miss the playoffs.

Look... bottom line is that they are 1 game out of the playoffs.  Philly is a lock to drop out.  Boston will continue to skid.   Within a month, I'd be shocked not to see New York and Brooklyn at the top of the Atlantic.   Brooklyn could have the 4th seed by the end of the month.

I'd love for Brooklyn and Atlanta to lose every game this season, but it's a pipe dream.  Brooklyn has too much talent.  They'll be fine.

I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't win the division but I don't see them as a 15 game winning streak powerhouse.
A 15 game winning streak isn't likely.  I was exaggerating.   But I still figure they'll win close to 50 games and fight with the Knicks for the top of the Atlantic. 

It's been a whacky start to the season.  Every team in the Atlantic is below .500.  Currently the 7th seed in the playoffs is on pace to win 31 games.   That's not going to last.  Betting against Brooklyn would be a foolish move.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Under-rated or over-rated, the Nets need Williams playing well.  I doubt they trade him for anyone short of Chris Paul.

If Williams cannot return to form though, there will be no 15 game win streaks that is for sure.  I am really surprised at how poorly they have played and would expect improvement with or without Williams.  It seems that Williams is more important than I would have thought though.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 12:56:19 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I think that trade makes both teams worse- short term and long term.

Can you explain this? 

It seems to me the trade would make L.A. worse in the short term and better in the long term.  And Brooklyn better in the short term and possibly but not definitely worse in the long term.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
dude has a sprained ankle with 70 games to play and you think it's time to give up on him?

Lol.

no...

Brooklyn will be fine.  They'll probably win 50+ this season.

Im wondering when people are going to realize how overrated Deron Williams is... Dude just kills team chemistry. The Nets would be much better off trading him.

This is complete nonsense.  Deron Williams is underrated.

Brooklyn won 49 games last year without KG and Pierce.

Deron's post-allstar stats:  23 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 48%/42%/87%.

Yes, they lost a 7 game series in the 1st round.  But Deron lead a playoff team and lead it well... he averaged 21 points 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 43%/40%/82%. 

He's played 9 games so far this year.  His minutes are limited (24 per night).  He just rolled his ankle and will likely lose a few games.

I agree Deron is good, but I think Gasol is better, and I think New Jersey has Joe Johnson and Pierce to a lesser extent to handle the ball.  And Livingston's been good.

The Lakers should know they're going nowhere this year and make a trade for their future.  For Brooklyn this is really the only year that matters. And they should know their big man rotation still isn't good enough to make it through the playoffs....