Author Topic: Idea: why not Asik for Milsap?  (Read 1758 times)

Idea: why not Asik for Milsap?
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think there's logic for both sides.

Asik would start at center for Atlanta, allowing Horford to finally move to PF. For Houston, Milsap would pair nicely with Howard. It seems more realistic than an Asik/Anderson swap.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Idea: why not Asik for Milsap?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think Milsap is the better player.  Atlanta would need more coming to them

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
that's definitely one of the better asik trade ideas I've heard. 

probably need some add ins here and there, but I think it could make sense for both teams
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Asik would start at center for Atlanta, allowing Horford to finally move to PF. For Houston, Milsap would pair nicely with Howard. It seems more realistic than an Asik/Anderson swap.

Why in the world would you want to help make Atlanta better this year when we might end up getting their first round pick??

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

probably need some add ins here and there, but I think it could make sense for both teams

Agreed. Not entirely sure of what picks Houston has to offer.

Why in the world would you want to help make Atlanta better this year when we might end up getting their first round pick??

Smitty77

Because I enjoy watching good basketball; all of this rooting for your team to tank and wishing ill on other franchises because we might get a draft pick gets a bit silly after awhile. Something about seeing competent GMs make smart deals in order to put the best possible product on the floor and watching teams compete with 100% effort appeals to me. I'm weird like that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I saw this discussed elsewhere and it's probably the best trade I've seen.  Millsap can hit the 3, he doesn't require much usage, Asik would allow Horford to play his natural position of power forward.  It works for both teams.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Agreed. Not entirely sure of what picks Houston has to offer.

Smitty77

Because I enjoy watching good basketball; all of this rooting for your team to tank and wishing ill on other franchises because we might get a draft pick gets a bit silly after awhile. Something about seeing competent GMs make smart deals in order to put the best possible product on the floor and watching teams compete with 100% effort appeals to me. I'm weird like that.

I am weird in that I like watching good basketball when it involves the Celtics winning and playing the good basketball!!:-))) I have NO interest in helping Atlanta make the playoffs and perhaps being a top 4 seed in the East this year.  Celtics first, always.

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 10:47:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Smitty77

Since Millsap is pretty clearly the best player in the deal, it probably doesn't make Atl better - no worries here.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Since Millsap is pretty clearly the best player in the deal, it probably doesn't make Atl better - no worries here.

Good point.  Maybe this will make the Hawks worse:-)))

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 10:58:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Overall. Hawks lose out on his one......they need Milsap worse than Asik