Author Topic: 80s half court play question  (Read 2371 times)

80s half court play question
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:53:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not sure if this post is in the right spot, but this has been bugging me for awhile.  Does anyone know what the play is that begins at 4:02 of the video below?  I don't know nearly as much about basketball as you guys do, and Cousy says on that it's a split, but idk what kind.  Is it a variant of the Flex, Princeton, or Ucla offenses?  Idt the 80s teams ran a lot of plays (although I'm sure that I'm wrong about that), but were they from a certain offense, as mentioned above?  This is my first post btw.  Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1173Kvzt33Q

Re: 80s half court play question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:54:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Looked like nothing more than a high post give and go cut.  I always heard the Celtics ran the same plays for years.

It's not flex because your five is trailer on that one most of the time assuming he or she can rebound.

I don't think it's princeton because of the lining not being around the three point line.  But backdoor cuts are a feature of this offense.

Probably just a cut off the high post pass.   It worked here who knows what the C's called it though.