Author Topic: Celtics (4-7) at Rockets (7-4) Game #12 11/19  (Read 42965 times)

Re: Celtics (4-7) at Rockets (7-4) Game #12 11/19
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I actually think Courtney Lee has been having a really solid season.  His shooting percentages in limited minutes have been terrific.  Bass has been solid as well.  I think both of those guys might be playing well enough that we could potentially lure an expiring contract for them.

I know this just raised my spirits ......over the top

And this is going to help us how ....against the Spurs andvPacers with their seven ft Star centers .... ;D

« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2013, 10:40:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I actually think Courtney Lee has been having a really solid season.  His shooting percentages in limited minutes have been terrific.  Bass has been solid as well.  I think both of those guys might be playing well enough that we could potentially lure an expiring contract for them.
have to agree with you on this.  Lee and Bass are definitely playing better than last year.  If their respective deals were a year shorter or about $1.5-2 mill cheaper per year, they'd be likely candidates for a deal to a contender looking to boost their bench.

« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Understanding Bobcats fans.......those poor devils..... :'(

« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
have to agree with you on this.  Lee and Bass are definitely playing better than last year.  If their respective deals were a year shorter or about $1.5-2 mill cheaper per year, they'd be likely candidates for a deal to a contender looking to boost their bench.
Detroit for instance... they could trade Charlie Villanueva's expiring contract for Bass + Lee.   Bass and Lee could contribute to that team.  Boston would dump some salary.

« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Detroit for instance... they could trade Charlie Villanueva's expiring contract for Bass + Lee.   Bass and Lee could contribute to that team.  Boston would dump some salary.

I like that deal maybe add Singler and a 2nd round pick to the deal

« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:14 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Did we lose? :D

« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2013, 11:34:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Did we lose? :D

Yeah, it was an awful game to watch, even if you're rooting for Lottery Balls and "Player Development."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2013, 12:10:21 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
They are rebroadcasting this game on my local sports network this evening. Should I bother tuning in?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2013, 12:15:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
They are rebroadcasting this game on my local sports network this evening. Should I bother tuning in?

You can just watch the first quarter then light your eyes on fire. It'll feel the same and go by faster.

Don't actually light your eyes on fire.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
This is the type of game that brings you back to reality and makes you realize how bad this team really is.

On offense there is no one running the show. careless, sloppy ball handling and I don't know how many bad passes and missed layups. we have no go-to guy and Jeff Green is showing absolutely nothing. Crawford is in his own little world and overall the offense is just stagnant.

On defense when another team shoots 80% and puts up 40 points in one quarter it's time to get back to basics.
Stevens is running out of excuses and doesn't look as cool and collected as he used to in these post game interviews.

« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
This is the type of game that brings you back to reality and makes you realize how bad this team really is.

On offense there is no one running the show. careless, sloppy ball handling and I don't know how many bad passes and missed layups. we have no go-to guy and Jeff Green is showing absolutely nothing. Crawford is in his own little world and overall the offense is just stagnant.

On defense when another team shoots 80% and puts up 40 points in one quarter it's time to get back to basics.
Stevens is running out of excuses and doesn't look as cool and collected as he used to in these post game interviews.

yeah, it is amazing how having a team of players with mismatched skills, low levels of talent, and new players who dont know one another after 11 games makes a coach look terrible.  ;D

i am willing, and have been willing, to give stevens 2 years of rope. i dont think there is a good on court combination of players on the celtics right now. but stevens has the green light to try to mix and match as many combos as he wants.

this season is a mulligan for stevens and i am fine with that. let him try, let him fail. i believe that he is a good coach with a bad team and he needs time to learn. heck, last night's game was what i expected to happen this season.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
We might give the Pacers a better game if that is in Boston.........I doubt we will win.

I expect Ducan and Splitter to destroy the Celtics . 

Celtics are,destined to be in the Lottery.

« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Do you enjoy pain and suffering ,   Total dominance of one team over another .......near zero competition ........Celtics were about as competitive as a D league team against the rockets.

They toyed with the Celtics .     Pathetic ......but expected given the way the team has Ben torn apart and new coach.  .......no coach could have made a difference .  Doc would have been slaughter too.......he left to,avoid these embarrassments as a coach .

This was the most brutal game , I ve seen in many year s  by the Celtics

I would never hope to see this game again .  Ugh.