Author Topic: Celtics (4-6) at Wolves (6-4) Game 11 11/16  (Read 37271 times)

Re: Celtics (4-6) at Wolves (6-4) Game 11 11/16
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Oh tank me down to TD Garden City

Where the players are bad

And the  "Tank". For Parker  Look s pretty

Oh .....Danny please tank me home

It's that a typo I think you meant Wiggins.

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Oh tank me down to TD Garden City

Where the players are bad

And the  "Tank". For Parker  Look s pretty

Oh .....Danny please tank me home

It's that a typo I think you meant Wiggins.

Nope..... I means what I means

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2013, 11:10:14 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Just got back from the game. Biggest takeaway for me was how bad our guys' body language looks. Not a hint of camaraderie, and lots of frustrated gesturing and eye-rolling. Tough game to watch. At least AB's jumper was falling.

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Just got back from the game. Biggest takeaway for me was how bad our guys' body language looks. Not a hint of camaraderie, and lots of frustrated gesturing and eye-rolling. Tough game to watch. At least AB's jumper was falling.

All I can say. ....is glade. I m not at the helm of the Celtic bench......wow ....pressure cooker

« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Great game from AB unfortunately only Vitor came to play besides him and he got ate alive on D with dump off passes.

I can't believe how Mike Gorman went on and on about the simple inside out dribble Rubio did like it was out of this world.

The best of part of the game was when Max said that Pekovic looked like the mute kryptonian from the superman movies.

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2013, 10:11:03 AM »

Offline TFX

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Actually i would also prefer Parker over Wiggins. Actually we need both.

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Because I was "off"  ;) last night, I didn't feel like proving that Bass had a bad game. I don't even remember who I was arguing with about it.  :o Now that I'm not in a haze ;D...

Bass had an excellent 1st Q, I won't deny that, the eye test and his stats say that.

1st Q
Bass had 8pts/1rb/1ast/1blk in less than 8mins (his only assist and was 3-3FG and 2-2FT) and held Love to 0-5 shooting (he was 1-6FG 2-2FT in the first Q and 5pts)

Now let's look at what went down AFTER that good first Q

Bass went 3-7FG 1-2FT for 7pts (2pts each 2nd and 3rd and 3 in the 4th)

He had 1rb in the 2nd Q and 3 in the 4th

All of his PF(3) came in the 3rd Q

He had 4 turnovers, 1 3rd Q and 3 4th Q

He was mostly on Love but Pek had his way with him too, Love was 5-11 (1-3 from 3) after Q1 (1-6), to end the night he was 6-17 with 23pts (18pts after Q1 5-5FT).

It was also brought up that Bass had a +/- of +5 (Fav was a +4, only 2 in plus side).

Well let's look at the +/- of two of the T-Wolves to show you why you have to take it with a HUGE grain of salt b/c they don't tell the whole story.

32mins: 7/16FG (2/4 3s 7-7) 23pts, 12rbs (2OR), 2ast, 1stl and 7 turnovers/3PF

30mins: 8/9FG (4-5FT) 20pts, 12rbs (8OR), 1stl and NO TURNOVERS/0PF

The first set of stats were Love's, he was +20
The 2nd were Pekovics', he was +5

So, Bass had 1 great Q and 3 terrible ones... like I said last night, he wasn't terrible like Sully was (14m 1/6FG 1/2FT for 3pts, 4rbs (3OR), 1ast, 3PF, 1 turnover), but he was pretty bad for the majority of the night. Bass played 30mins and managed 3 more rbs than Sully, 12 more pts (8 to Sully's only 3 in Q1), 1blk, and 3 more turnovers. While Bass had far more pts than Sully that's the only place he out performed him in 16 more minutes. They both didn't defend well (Bass was good first Q but you see what happened after that).

Bass, for the last time, wasn't terrible (Sully, yikes) but he didn't play much better than Sully after the first Q. Sully coming off the game the day b4 where he went HAM on the Blazers, a bone bruise, and he isn't in great shape, unlike Bass who is always in top shape and rarely an injury to talk about, the guy is a specimen and a picture of health (a great thing BTW)! Bass had all the reason in the world to play better and he came out HOT in the first quarter after having a few terrible games in a row (he was ABUSED by LMA and gave NOTHING to offset it)!

I'm telling it like I saw it, just b/c you don't agree with me or don't like it, doesn't mean I'm hating on Bass. It also doesn't mean I secretly don't like him either, you can believe that but all I can do is tell you how I feel about him, it's not like I can prove that I do b/c lying about what I see from him is not something I'm going to do. When he plays well, I'm always cheering him on and talking it up. When he plays bad, most of it I let pass b/c everyone has off games but he hasn't played a good game in a while, there's only so much I can take.

AB is my favorite player on the team (2nd fav w/ KG), I almost hated Doc last season for letting him play so much when he was TERRIBLE. I wanted AB sat so many times during the playoffs it would have been funny if it wasn't making me lose my mind, I was ticked. He was garbage out there and I said it many times. It's one of the reasons I didn't care that Doc left (I thought CBS was the same the first 4 games but saved himself after, THANK GOD). AB should NEVER EVER play PG, he is so bad it makes my blood boil... how can someone be that bad of a ball handler I don't know. I love the kid as a SG but if he ever has to man the pt again for a good stretch, I may change my mind and beg for him to pack it up (yep, he's that bad)! I can keep going on the things I have said about AB but it's not about him.

Bass will turn it around on offense (he did last game overall 6-10) but his defense (HELP DEFENSE especially) is something that won't be changing. He's great on a contender where he doesn't have to try to be the man or one of the big dogs. I loved Bass' play even more when he had KG to take care of his defensive liabilities. BASS IS A 3 ON D!

Okay, I'm done!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Not much to say on this game, it just seemed that nobody was on the same page.
But here's a thought....do you think these games might be just a little bit closer if our guys could make some layups???
I have never seen that many missed chippies since.....the last Celtic's game!!!!!