Author Topic: Celtics interested in Amare  (Read 54611 times)

Re: Celtics interested in Amare
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Let's move on from the Broussard stuff or this thread will be locked.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
but only if Shump regrows his flattop.
Please! I barely survived Tiquan Underwood, and he wore a helmet half of the time!

Haters gonna hate, but if we're giving up Wallace we better have someone who can keep our squad alive for the 13-14 Awesome/Awkward* Hair All-Stars award.

*For KO. As a formerly real long haired white dude, his "mane" makes me sad.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Based on the Knicks interest in Faried and the notion that seems to be out there that they need to replace Chandler's rebounding, I'm surprised that Kris Humphries isn't part of this discussion. The Knicks don't particularly have use for Courtney Lee.

Is Bass, Humphries, and Wallace for Amare and Shumpert completely ridiculous?

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Based on the Knicks interest in Faried and the notion that seems to be out there that they need to replace Chandler's rebounding, I'm surprised that Kris Humphries isn't part of this discussion. The Knicks don't particularly have use for Courtney Lee.

It works in the trade machine, but I think I'd rather send Lee out to help us with our logjam at the 2/3--based on the idea that A'mare's going to spend most of the season in a suit, so he won't really cut into the playing time for our bigs.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Amare the new theo ratliff?!
Given the leg issues, I'd say he'd be the new Rafe LaFrance.

Wallace, Bass, Lee & Bradley for Amare & Shumpert? :)

I like the Wallace, Hump & Bass for Amare & Shumpert, but doubt the Knicks would fall for that one.  BTW, I do like Bradley, but of the available "good assets" I'd deal him before any of the others. Problem is, Amare *and* Shump have bad wheels. Amare isn't going to play much this year, at all, and trading him next year will be as big a problem as trying to trade Wallace...and he'll cost $13 more than Wallace would cost next year. Shumpert, maybe his knees heal up, maybe they don't, he'd be a risky pick up.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:47:45 PM by erisred »

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

It works in the trade machine, but I think I'd rather send Lee out to help us with our logjam at the 2/3--based on the idea that A'mare's going to spend most of the season in a suit, so he won't really cut into the playing time for our bigs.

I look at it this way- we can tolerate a logjam and an albatross right now, because we are in asset-collecting phase, but the knicks can't; that's the price to acquire Shumpert. I don't know what that does to Lee... it probably just bumps Pressey off the floor entirely, which is ok for right now.

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Isn't Shumpert able to fill in the mop-up role behind Green at SF? I know he's not taller than Lee, but he's got 20 lbs on him and a solid frame.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

More importantly for the overall deal, sending Shumpert out and not getting Lee back would leave the Knicks with very little at the 2 spot.  They're pretty poorly run but probably not that thoughtless about basic depth.

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

More importantly for the overall deal, sending Shumpert out and not getting Lee back would leave the Knicks with very little at the 2 spot.  They're pretty poorly run but probably not that thoughtless about basic depth.

That depends what they think they can do with Hardaway and Udrih, I guess. Right now, Udrih isn't getting any minutes, but he was a not-bad backup guard last year. Hardaway is getting 20 minutes and playing reasonably well. With JR Smith back, that gives them a 5-guard rotation.

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Isn't Shumpert able to fill in the mop-up role behind Green at SF? I know he's not taller than Lee, but he's got 20 lbs on him and a solid frame.

That's true, he can play (and defend) the wing.

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

That depends what they think they can do with Hardaway and Udrih, I guess. Right now, Udrih isn't getting any minutes, but he was a not-bad backup guard last year. Hardaway is getting 20 minutes and playing reasonably well. With JR Smith back, that gives them a 5-guard rotation.

Udrih's been a PG his whole career I think (EDIT: Looks like he played a little 2 for the Bucks).  Felton and Prigioni are also PGs.  They do run some 2 PG lineups but would mostly be relying on JR Smith with an untested rookie as a primary backup.  An injury to either one would lead to some serious lineup juggling issues.  I don't think that'd be enough, but it is the Knicks so who knows.

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

Udrih's been a PG his whole career I think (EDIT: Looks like he played a little 2 for the Bucks).  Felton and Prigioni are also PGs.  They do run some 2 PG lineups but would mostly be relying on JR Smith with an untested rookie as a primary backup.  An injury to either one would lead to some serious lineup juggling issues.  I don't think that'd be enough, but it is the Knicks so who knows.

Prigioni has played SG for the Knicks about 1/4 of the time, and he may have been a tick more effective there than at the point. You're probably right, though, given Prigioni's age, Felton's injury history, and JR Smith's unpredictability. The Knicks are on the ragged edge as it is

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Haven't seen this link here:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9993989/new-york-knicks-continue-discuss-trade-packages-involving-iman-shumpert

Long story short, the Knicks are trying to package Shumpert and Amar'e for (shocker!) Rondo.  Double shocker - we're not interested and trying to give them Wallace instead.

I have no idea how the Knicks would think Shumpert would bring in Rondo when Amare costs much more, does much less, and expires at the same time as Rondo.  And Shumpert's had at least 2 knee surgeries, AND they have no 1sts to offer even if we wanted another on top of the 9 we're sitting on now.  Baffling that they'd think that package would get them anywhere near Rondo.

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
interesting bit from that article:
The Knicks and Nuggets discussed a Shumpert-for-Kenneth Faried swap last week. New York believed it had a deal completed on Tuesday morning, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com. But the trade fell through when Denver asked the Knicks to include at least one draft pick.

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Pass..I wouldn't trade Rondo to either the Lakers or Knicks for anything
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin