Author Topic: Celtics interested in Amare  (Read 54628 times)

Re: Celtics interested in Amare
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Chris Broussard is a monkey with a megaphone.

but I would be thrilled to trade Wallace and Lee for something useful, and I don't see any downside to putting $20 million on my books for a year in order to do so.

I'm sure or I hope you didn't mean it that way, but calling a black person a monkey is so wrong. :(
That's just the way we talk, you know. Nothing to see, move along.

So I should be ok with someone calling me a monkey because that's the way they talk?  Ok, got it. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
which is why we should compete even with a crappy team. Why? just because you are in the bottom 3 does not guarantee you a top 3 pick. I rather us play hard and really lose games instead of "tanking" and then get a top 3-5 pick...
To be precise, being in the top 3 provides a virtual guarantee of a top 5 pick. The chance to get a top 3-5 pick if you're outside of the bottom 3 is appreciably smaller.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2013, 01:31:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
So I should be ok with someone calling me a monkey because that's the way they talk?  Ok, got it. ::)
Apparently that's how it goes. Just ask Sir Chuck. :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Chris Broussard is a monkey with a megaphone.

but I would be thrilled to trade Wallace and Lee for something useful, and I don't see any downside to putting $20 million on my books for a year in order to do so.

I'm sure or I hope you didn't mean it that way, but calling a black person a monkey is so wrong. :(
That's just the way we talk, you know. Nothing to see, move along.

Agree with you, koz, but Bankshot's totally correct on this one.

Consider it a friendly PSA--words matter.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I fully realize that words matter. Also, I didn't make that post -- but I couldn't miss the chance to take a jab at some recent events. You know me -- we've both been around for a while ;)

Because, for all I know sofutomygaha is black and he's coming back with the "you ain't telling me how to talk to my homies" retort. ;D

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Do the Knicks sending Chris smith down to d league open a roster spot for this trade or am I just thinking too much into this trade actually happening?

Players assigned to the D-League still take up a roster spot.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I liked Jeff's idea of Wallace, Humphries, Brooks for Amare and Tim Hardaway Jr.

I'd be ok with that trade.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow, a lot of new posts in this thread.  Wonder if there's been some new developm-

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I fully realize that words matter. Also, I didn't make that post -- but I couldn't miss the chance to take a jab at some recent events. You know me -- we've both been around for a while ;)

Because, for all I know sofutomygaha is black and he's coming back with the "you ain't telling me how to talk to my homies" retort. ;D

Acknowledged. Please substitute with a race-neutral word for an unaccountable individual who throws poop around. Best wishes

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

I join Bankshot and find the characterization of Chris Broussard as a monkey highly inappropriate, and I pray this forum topic is locked post-haste .

Disparaging comments, stereotypes, or generalizations made in relation to another’s race, gender, ethnicity, religion, handicap, or sexual preference are not permitted.  The use of slurs and similar language related to such categories will result in an immediate suspension and/or ban

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I join Bankshot and find the characterization of Chris Broussard as a monkey highly inappropriate, and I pray this forum topic is locked post-haste .

Disparaging comments, stereotypes, or generalizations made in relation to another’s race, gender, ethnicity, religion, handicap, or sexual preference are not permitted.  The use of slurs and similar language related to such categories will result in an immediate suspension and/or ban
Except it's painfully obvious by the context that this is not a  comment made in relation to someone's race. God forbid we use our heads here.

Perhaps an education on various idioms involving trained monkeys is in order.

Acknowledged. Please substitute with a race-neutral word for an unaccountable individual who throws poop around. Best wishes
With the risk of repeating myself, I have nothing to substitute in, because I didn't make any statements.

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I would do Amare in for Wallace in a heartbeat, doubt the Knicks would though

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Amare the new theo ratliff?!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I don't know if we need to lock the thread, 'cause I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page.

If we continue to hover substantially below .500, I think I'm officially onboard for Wallace, Lee, and Hump for Stat and Shump.

but only if Shump regrows his flattop.

Also, I didn't mean to insinuate you'd said anything koz. It's this multi-quote system.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
but only if Shump regrows his flattop.
Please! I barely survived Tiquan Underwood, and he wore a helmet half of the time!