Author Topic: Celtics interested in Amare  (Read 54629 times)

Re: Celtics interested in Amare
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Getting rid of Bass, Lee and Wallace would really help the tanking process :)
Yeah, excellent, we just moved from 8th to 6th in a 3-player draft :P

At least 3. Maybe up to 5, and if we were to draft 6th, you know someone above up would screw up. Smart and Exum are also likely to be very good.

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
First, it's not a 3 player draft if you follow college hoops at all....Exum, Smart, Embiid, Robinson III and Selden.  Second, you are under estimating how bad this C's team is....they are a top 5 worse team in the league....

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The link said that Amare is partially guaranteed next year.

Anyone know the number if true?
Its an ETO. So Amar'e can opt to become a FA.

Otherwise its fully guaranteed.

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
you are under estimating how bad this C's team is....they are a top 5 worse team in the league....
Nope, I'm not. Detroit, New York, Washington, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Sacramento, and Utah are all solid candidates for being worse than us, and even if a couple of them leapfrog us in the standings, we're still firmly entrenched in the 6-8 range.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
I will give you Utah and the Bucks, that's it.  But once Ainge gut's the roster of the few capable NBA players like this trade would do, I put the C's in the mix for a top 3 pick easily...

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I will give you Utah and the Bucks, that's it.  But once Ainge gut's the roster of the few capable NBA players like this trade would do, I put the C's in the mix for a top 3 pick easily...
And I'll give you New York (if Chandler comes back quick). And that's about it.

I have the Celtics pegged as a 30-35 team at worst. The list I provided consists almost entirely of teams that were sub-30 wins last season, and made basically no improvements to their rosters.

And I didn't even include the Nets, who have the chance of imploding big time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Phoenix is in full rebuild. If they find a buyer for Dragic, they'll immediately shift into full-on tank mode.

Charlotte and Philly have roared out to unsustainable starts. Come February, they'll have joined the list of 6-8 teams within the bottom of the league, and also shift gears.

Cleveland is a Kyrie Irving injury away from being a basement team.

Orlando ought to be tanking; if they sell off Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo to playoff contenders, they'll go in the tank as well.

Boston is nowhere assured of a bottom 3 finish.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Holy cow does Stat make a ton of money.  And Wallace/Bass/Lee are at the very least healthy enough to play.

Just can't see an appealing deal for us.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Phoenix is in full rebuild. If they find a buyer for Dragic, they'll immediately shift into full-on tank mode.

Charlotte and Philly have roared out to unsustainable starts. Come February, they'll have joined the list of 6-8 teams within the bottom of the league, and also shift gears.

Orlando ought to be tanking; if they sell off Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo to playoff contenders, they'll go in the tank as well.

which is why we should compete even with a crappy team. Why? just because you are in the bottom 3 does not guarantee you a top 3 pick. I rather us play hard and really lose games instead of "tanking" and then get a top 3-5 pick...

that way you can develop players instead of giving them the losing mentality.

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
You guys are being homers on this one.  This roster is awful, with Rondo 100% healthy and not coming off surgery, I could see them fighting for 35 wins.  But with Rondo out at least until Mid-December I put them at a max of 30 wins and wait until DA start selling the likes of Bass, Lee or Wallace, guys that are rotation players in the NBA. And those minutes go to guys like Brooks, Pressey, KO and Sully are asked to play 35 minutes a night.  ( KO and Sully may be able to do it at some point in their career but not right now ) It's going to get ugly.  I bet the C's already had their peak of the season with a 4 game winning streak, bet we don't see one of those again this season.  IMO DA is hell bent on getting high in the lottery and he will do what's necessary to get there...

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Yes - tanking in 07 gave Rondo, Pierce, Perkins etc the losing mentality so bad, they recovered the next season to win a title....that is such an overrated concept, one year doesn't relate to the next...

which is why we should compete even with a crappy team. Why? just because you are in the bottom 3 does not guarantee you a top 3 pick. I rather us play hard and really lose games instead of "tanking" and then get a top 3-5 pick...

that way you can develop players instead of giving them the losing mentality.

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 01:07:09 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Do the Knicks sending Chris smith down to d league open a roster spot for this trade or am I just thinking too much into this trade actually happening?

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Chris Broussard is a monkey with a megaphone.

but I would be thrilled to trade Wallace and Lee for something useful, and I don't see any downside to putting $20 million on my books for a year in order to do so.

I'm sure or I hope you didn't mean it that way, but calling a black person a monkey is so wrong. :(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The link said that Amare is partially guaranteed next year.

Anyone know the number if true?

I don't know if it's true. I do know A'mare has an ETO that he'll almost certainly decline.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Chris Broussard is a monkey with a megaphone.

but I would be thrilled to trade Wallace and Lee for something useful, and I don't see any downside to putting $20 million on my books for a year in order to do so.

I'm sure or I hope you didn't mean it that way, but calling a black person a monkey is so wrong. :(
That's just the way we talk, you know. Nothing to see, move along.