Author Topic: Celtics (4-6) at Wolves (6-4) Game 11 11/16  (Read 37334 times)

Re: Celtics (4-6) at Wolves (6-4) Game 11 11/16
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Time to lose again, please.  Lose.  Like Fantasia said, sometimes you have to lose to win again.  Classic case of the current Celtics.  Let's lose big. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Time to lose again, please.  Lose.  Like Fantasia said, sometimes you have to lose to win again.  Classic case of the current Celtics.  Let's lose big.

You're disgusting.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 07:07:04 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Sean Grande ‏@SeanGrandePBP 28m
Vitor Faverani will start tonight for the Celtics against Pekovic. I mean, there will be 10 guys starting but you get the point.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

You're disgusting.

I won't stoop to your level.  Too low for me.  So I'll just keep it moving and I'll keep rooting for them to lose because I love this team and don't want another 20 something years drought of gold.  Yea, I'm disgusting.  Guilty as charged.  Happy?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

You're disgusting.

I'm tired of defending this so I'll just keep it moving and I'll keep rooting for them to lose because I love this team and don't want another 20 something years drought of gold.  Yea, I'm disgusting.  Guilty as charged.  Happy?

The problem is that you're too short-sighted, and honestly coming here to root for a team to lose, regardless of intentions, is pretty much trolling.

So if you guys want this team to lose, and want to root for the team to lose, you can honestly go do it elsewhere, this isn't the thread for it or the blog for it.

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

You're disgusting.

I'm tired of defending this so I'll just keep it moving and I'll keep rooting for them to lose because I love this team and don't want another 20 something years drought of gold.  Yea, I'm disgusting.  Guilty as charged.  Happy?

The problem is that you're too short-sighted, and honestly coming here to root for a team to lose, regardless of intentions, is pretty much trolling.

So if you guys want this team to lose, and want to root for the team to lose, you can honestly go do it elsewhere, this isn't the thread for it or the blog for it.

Agreed.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

You're disgusting.

lol Relax, man.  Stop being so sensitive.  If you see it as trolling, so be it.  I know I'm not, but whatever.  Fair enough.  Carry on

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

You're disgusting.

lol Relax, man.  Stop being so sensitive.  If you see it as trolling, so be it.  I know I'm not, but whatever.  Fair enough.  Carry on

It's not about being sensitive, I'm just saying that coming into a Celtics Forum Game Thread, just to root for a team to lose is most definitely trolling, and it's certainly not welcomed.

If you want to keep at it fine, but don't act all indignant when people call you out.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm hoping for a win as usual.... :).   but if we loose .......I won't be too sad ..... :'(.  For long anyway

The lose will go to a good cause too !,!!

Getting Wiggins ..in a green uniform.   ;)

Stay positive

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You're disgusting.

It's not about being sensitive, I'm just saying that coming into a Celtics Forum Game Thread, just to root for a team to lose is most definitely trolling, and it's certainly not welcomed.

If you want to keep at it fine, but don't act all indignant when people call you out.
I don't mind it.  I represent a percentage of this fanbase that is rooting for a tank job.  We see it as the best move for our long-term success.  I think a recent poll showed that 60% of this fanbase would rather we finish with a Top 4 pick than make the playoffs with the 8th seed.  Or maybe that's just what they thought was more likely... I forget.

If Clench123 would rather us lose this game, so be it.  That's what he wants.  I don't honestly care if we win or lose this... i just want to see development of the youngs.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

You're disgusting.

I don't mind it.  I represent a percentage of this fanbase that is rooting for a tank job.  We see it as the best move for our long-term success.  I think a recent poll showed that 60% of this fanbase would rather we finish with a Top 4 pick than make the playoffs with the 8th seed.  Or maybe that's just what they thought was more likely... I forget.

Of course you don't mind it, you're pretty much doing the same thing. Who's ever going to mind a troll for doing the same thing one is doing.

I guess the problem is that you guys don't see it as trolling because you have good intentions, but it is what it is, coming into a team's fanbase game thread to make comments that you and all the ones that want to root for this team to lose are aware that it goes against the CelticsBlogs trolling rules:

"Commenting in a thread or elsewhere on the site in a manner that is likely to provoke an angry response from others is not permitted."

I mean, what do you guys expect on this regard? And then act all indignant when people call you out, please.

The one place that should be off-limits for this sort of discussion is the game thread, at the very least I say.

I don't see any conceivable way in which a person can't fathom that coming here to root for the Celtics to lose, just because one considers himself a Celtic fan, is not trolling.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

You're disgusting.

I won't stoop to your level.  Too low for me.  So I'll just keep it moving and I'll keep rooting for them to lose because I love this team and don't want another 20 something years drought of gold.  Yea, I'm disgusting.  Guilty as charged.  Happy?

Stoop to my level? Okay there, cowboy.

If you really think purposely losing can build a culture of winning, you must be crazy.

But yes, I stand by my words, you are disgusting, and I will leave it at that.

Go Celtics.

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

I NEVER EVER pull for any of my teams to lose. However if we lose and get a great pick i am fine with that. win-win scenario in my book.

However, I hope you have the best intentions for the franchise when you make that statement, so I will not hold that against you.  :)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

You're disgusting.

you make some good counter points budman. maybe he should not be here if he wants us to lose. But again, i hope he has our best intentions in mind when he says those things. I will give him benefit of the doubt.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKIN THE WOLVES FROM MINNY!
LET'S GO CELTICS!