Author Topic: Ryan Anderson, Greg Monroe, Eric Gordon (Build around Rondo)  (Read 8339 times)

Re: Ryan Anderson, Greg Monroe, Eric Gordon (Build around Rondo)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like all the conversation, thank you.

My point in all this is try to build around Rondo/Green and the hopes of landing a top ten pick this year. 

Keepers:  Rondo, Green, Vitor, Bradley, ?Sullinger?.

Trade bait:  Olynyk, Bass, Crawford, Nets picks, Clippers pick

Trade throw-ins:  Lee, Brooks, Humphries

Players likely to be available at deadline:

Asik, Monroe, Gordon, Granger, Thad. Young, Evan Turner?, Afflalo, Marcus Thornton, Perkins, Zach Randolph,

What deals are out there?

Sullinger and Bradley are going to have to be taken off your keeper list if you want these other teams to truly consider your proposals.  Not saying they'd have to be traded, but you'd have to be okay with trading one (or both) of those guys away if it helps net any of your ideal targets.

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
You're kidding, right? Anderson averaged 16 ppg as a starter his last year in Orlando. Then he went ahead and averaged exactly the same in NO as the sixth man.

Actually his last two years to be precise.  But I used the word career, maybe you didn't notice that.   On a bad team it's much easier to throw up numbers and get PT.

Are we talking about Anderson, or Monroe here?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I like all the conversation, thank you.

My point in all this is try to build around Rondo/Green and the hopes of landing a top ten pick this year. 

Keepers:  Rondo, Green, Vitor, Bradley, ?Sullinger?.

Trade bait:  Olynyk, Bass, Crawford, Nets picks, Clippers pick

Trade throw-ins:  Lee, Brooks, Humphries

Players likely to be available at deadline:

Asik, Monroe, Gordon, Granger, Thad. Young, Evan Turner?, Afflalo, Marcus Thornton, Perkins, Zach Randolph,

What deals are out there?

Sullinger and Bradley are going to have to be taken off your keeper list if you want these other teams to truly consider your proposals.  Not saying they'd have to be traded, but you'd have to be okay with trading one (or both) of those guys away if it helps net any of your ideal targets.

Humphries, Crawford, and Clippers pick for Thad Young and Kwame Brown.

Bass, Bradley, and Nets pick for Monroe and Jerebko.

Lee, Sullinger, 2nd rd pick for Afflalo

Monroe  Vitor
Young  Olynyk
Green Wallace
Afflalo  (Marcus Smart)
Rondo  Pressey

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You're kidding, right? Anderson averaged 16 ppg as a starter his last year in Orlando. Then he went ahead and averaged exactly the same in NO as the sixth man.

Actually his last two years to be precise.  But I used the word career, maybe you didn't notice that.   On a bad team it's much easier to throw up numbers and get PT.

Are we talking about Anderson, or Monroe here?
I assume he's talking about Anderson (at least by the line of his argument). Which means he clearly has no idea what he's talking about, it seems. Andderson played on a 37-29 Orlando team and a 47-35 Golden State team. Those same years, the Pistons were 25-41 and 29-53.

And yes, "his last season in Orlando" and "after that in Golden State" are the last two seasons. I thought that was obvious.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You mean NOH right, Anderson never played for Golden State.

Anderson has been consistent with his per/36 and production since his sophomore season and more productive than Monroe.

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You mean NOH right, Anderson never played for Golden State.

Anderson has been consistent with his per/36 and production since his sophomore season and more productive than Monroe.
Yeah, fair enough. I also tried to pull Monroe stats from Portland. Not my best morning :P

In any case, the point stands for Anderson's last season in Orlando, and most of Monroe's career. If you're going to pull the stat-padding card, you can't ignore the fact that Monroe has done his work on some god-awful teams.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."