Author Topic: Trailblazers (6-2) at Celtics (4-5) Game 10 11/15  (Read 34233 times)

Trailblazers (6-2) at Celtics (4-5) Game 10 11/15
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
at
Portland Trailblazers (6-2) at Boson Celtics (4-5)
Friday, November 15, 2013
7:30 PM ET
Game #10, Home Game #5
TV: CSNNE, CSNNW, NBA-LP 756(DTV)/756(Xfinity)
Radio: WZLX 100.7 FM, WBZ, Fox Sports Radio
TD Garden

Probable Starting Matchups

Point Guard
vs
Jordan Crawford vs Damian Lillard

Shooting Guard
  vs
Avery Bradley vs Wesley Matthews

Small Forward
  vs 
Jeff Green vs Nicolas Batum

Power Forward

vs 
Brandon Bass vs LaMarcus Aldridge

Center
vs
Kelly Olynyk vs Robin Lopez

Celtics Reserves
MarShon Brooks
Jordan Crawford
Kris Humphries
Vitor Faverani
Phil Pressey
Courtney Lee
Phil Pressey
Keith Bogans
Gerald Wallace

Injuries

Rajon Rondo (ACL)out
Jared Sullinger (knee) probable

Blazers Reserves
Thomas Robinson
Mo Williams
Joel Freeland
Dorell Wright
Will Barton
Victor Claver
Allen Crabbe
Earl Watson
Meyers Leonard

Injuries
CJ McCollum  (foot)  out

Key Matchups
vs
Jordan Crawford vs Damian Lillard
Lillard, last year's Rookie of the Year, is averaging 19.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 5.8 assists.  He is athletic and is tough to defend.  Crawford has been playing well for the Celtics, but he will have his work cut out for him against Lillard.

vs 
Brandon Bass vs LaMarcus Aldridge
Aldridge is averaging 21.3 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.  The Celtics will need to try to keep him out of the paint, where he is capable of doing a lot of damage. 

Honorable Mention
Kelly Olynyk vs Robin Lopez
The battle of the hair. Kelly is still finding his place in the league but has all the tools to be very good on any given night. 
Game Notes
The Portland Trailblazers make their only visit to the TD Garden this year as the Celtics try to rebound from Wednesday's loss to the Bobcats.  The Blazers are a tough matchup.  They have young and athletic players and they are playing very well together with a 6-2 record. 

The Celtics lead the series between these two teams 62-40 all time and 35-16 in Boston.  The Celtics have won 9 straight games against the Trailblazers in Boston. The Celtics had won 6 straight overall before losing in Portland in February of last year. 

Portland is on a 4 game win streak and looking to win their 5th straight game.  The Celtics had their 4 game win streak stopped by Charlotte on Wednesday and are looking to get back on track with a win in this game.

Jared Sullinger missed the last game with a bone bruise on his knee.  He is still listed as day to day but is expected to play in this game.   His presence in the paint was sorely missed against the Bobcats and he will be needed in this game against Portland's big front line.   

Keys to the Game
Energy- The Celtics appeared to be rather lethargic in their game against the Bobcats.  They were outworked, and in order to win games, they must work harder than the other team.  They need to come out with energy and keep that energy up throughout the game.

Run!- The Celtics won 4 games in a row by running from start to finish.  They can get easier shots by getting up the court before the defenses set up.  They can't lapse into walking the ball up the court.  They have to run, run, and run some more.

Get into the Paint- Good things happen when the Celtics get into the paint and go to the basket.  In their 4 game win streak, they averaged 49.5 points in the paint but in the loss to the Bobcats, they only had 38 points in the paint.  They must take the ball to the hoop and not settle for jumpers, especially if they aren't falling.

Rebound
- The Celtics must crash the boards to give themselves a chance to win.  The Blazers are 9th in rebounding with 44.6 rebounds per game.  The Celtics rank 25th, pulling down 40.7 rebounds per game. 

X-Factors
Desire and Home Crowd
The Celtics have to want this game more and have to fight for it.  They will get a boost from the home crowd,  but they have to put out the effort and energy to get the win. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:59:00 AM by FLCeltsFan »

Re: Trailblazers (6-2) at Celtics (4-5) Game 10 11/15
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rooting for us to lose from here on.  I've decided to stick to the losing side because we're definitely not good to win jack and I don't want us in the worst spot a team in the NBA can possibly be in.  So...lose.  LOSE.

Go Portland!  Go!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:16:08 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
im off work 2morrow
so ill be able to see the game

no way we should lose this one

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »

fitzhickey

Anyone else astounded by Lamarcus' stats. Man be killing.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

true
he is wild with it

Bass will shut him down

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
win or lose, goooo celtics!

even the last loss was a good game to watch. very entertaining.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

true
he is wild with it

Bass will shut him down

Looked it up Aldrich is not averaging 8.5 assists per game.It's a typo

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

true
he is wild with it

Bass will shut him down

Irony?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:14 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

true
he is wild with it

Bass will shut him down

Irony?

Better ask Alanis.

I wish Bill Walton was calling this game with Tommy and Mike.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 02:36:23 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
On a general note I am hoping that a new coach means and end to that win 6 in a row then lose 6 in a row streakiness of the  last 2 regular seasons. Anyway, Bold Predictions: Jeff Green gets his first 40 point,  game of the season, Bass totally locks down LMA to the point they just sit him in the 4th quarter, Jordan Crawford shoots 0 threes.   
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
If Sully plays, Lamarcus should call 911, cause he's getting abused tonight.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I haven't seen Portland play yet this season. Looking forward to seeing how much they have improved. The Blazers look like a 45 win type team to me unless Lillard or one of their other young ones makes a big leap forward.

Their bench looks stronger with guys like Mo Williams and Dorell Wright on it. Those two guys alone should make Portland's depth much better after last year's terrible second unit.

Joel Freeland is reportedly ready to take on a steady role. Interested to see how Thomas Robinson fares. He should become a solid NBA player at point. Has the tools. Looking forward to seeing those two big guys too.

Robin Lopez looks a good upgrade over JJ Hickson also. Gives Portland real size in the paint defensively. 2nd year for Damian Lillard - interested to see what type of improvements he has made.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Go Celtics!

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »

Offline beshtija

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
Rooting for us to lose from here on.  I've decided to stick to the losing side because we're definitely not good to win jack and I don't want us in the worst spot a team in the NBA can possibly be in.  So...lose.  LOSE.

Go Portland!  Go!

Fans like you disgust me!

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92

Go Portland!  Go!

Funny you picked right now to feel this way. couldn't be because we're about to go through a five game meat grinder and if we were to drop four out of five it would look like you took the right route??? fair weather fans never cease to irritate me!!!