Author Topic: Bobcats (3-4) at Celtics (4-4) Game 9 11/13  (Read 41612 times)

Re: Bobcats (3-4) at Celtics (4-4) Game 9 11/13
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2013, 11:31:54 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The worst thing would be to end up in the middle of the road.  We either be one of the best and put ourselves in a position to contend or lose and lose to win in the end.  We can't be .500 team.  If we're going to be terrible, let's be terrible so we at least know we'll get something for it.  Losing to a team like the Bobcats is ridiculous to me...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Too many 2nd chances for Bobcats---and Pressey Stunk it up---Bogged down our entire game tonight.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
  Losing to a team like the Bobcats is ridiculous to me...

I keep seeing people say that like we are way more talented or something.

Without Rondo, not the case.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2013, 03:29:14 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
What a bunch of crybabys!!!  The type of game the Celtics play you are not going to win shooting 37%. bad shooting night and Sullinger just might have been the difference of eeking this one out because we weren't rebounding well either. everybody was flat even green didn't do well, he had one rebound.
And who is this Kevin O'Conner that writes articles or this blog???  the guy should be doing obituary columns!!! you would think we were on a 10 game losing streak. you're a real fan, aye Kevin???

« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2013, 03:36:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
  Losing to a team like the Bobcats is ridiculous to me...

I keep seeing people say that like we are way more talented or something.

Without Rondo, not the case.
crazy stuff happens in the beginning of seasons.  Eventually it will all even out and we'll settle in as a lotto team.

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I agree - The C's are playing hard, Steven looks like a good coach but the roster just lacks talent.  The C's are heading for the lottery, I still think this team only wins about 25 games and I am fine with it....

« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
Why don't all you tanking lottery so called fans just pack in your posts and save them to let us know how that lottery works out for you. if you're a fan then you're a fan all the time not just when we're winning!!!
you all made up your minds before the season started as soon as Garnett and Pierce left that this team would suck.  may I remind you the revered Brooklyn Nets are currently in last place in the Atlantic division, they are 2-5 and on a three game losing streak.
At least give Stevens a fair chance with this core of players. eight games is not a fair chance.

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Why don't all you tanking lottery so called fans just pack in your posts and save them to let us know how that lottery works out for you. if you're a fan then you're a fan all the time not just when we're winning!!!
you all made up your minds before the season started as soon as Garnett and Pierce left that this team would suck.  may I remind you the revered Brooklyn Nets are currently in last place in the Atlantic division, they are 2-5 and on a three game losing streak.
At least give Stevens a fair chance with this core of players. eight games is not a fair chance.

Take a breath.

Being realistic about the team has nothing to do with judging anything in a negative way.  I like Stevens a lot and I like our young players a lot.  That doesn't mean we are a better team than the Bobcats right now.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Take a breath.

Being realistic about the team has nothing to do with judging anything in a negative way.  I like Stevens a lot and I like our young players a lot.  That doesn't mean we are a better team than the Bobcats right now.

Snakehead dropping knowledge.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2013, 02:39:08 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
We lost by 6 points to a team that came out shooting 62%, We were flat the whole game, No Sullinger and Pressey could not hold his own.
That's how simple it was. no smoke and mirrors. the ball simply was not going through the hole!!!
On the other hand if Stevens had pulled Pressey for Brooks, this forum would have been screaming "TANK"

The big problem with squandering this game away is the next 5 games are all against teams on a mission....

Portland...6-2
Minnesota..6-3
Houston....6-4
San Antonio..8-1
Indiana....8-0

We would be making a huge statement if we get through this at 3-2.  THREE DIVISION LEADERS!!!