Author Topic: What if Lopez goes down for season?  (Read 1392 times)

What if Lopez goes down for season?
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Finally people are seeing that the Nets are not going to be the top team in the east, far from it. I do not chime in on cb often because most viewpoints/ scenarios are discussed and I just like to look through them.  Yet this scenario has yet to be discussed.

Lopez is obvously the best player the nets have. What if he goes down for the season?  Does anyone have info on his health like what kept him out a whole season i think 2 years ago. Also how is he doing now, like is he over doing it bc kg etc can't play very much.

I will be honest. I do DREAM about the celts having two top ten picks in this draft. It's a daydream I have a lot and have had since the trade happened. I guess I equated this nets team to the dwite howard lakers. Many ppl have disagreed with me, i think bc they root for kg and pp. All I say to those who will be angry that some are rooting for the nets to lose (mostly because pp and kg) is this: FRANCHISE OVER EVERYTHING

Re: What if Lopez goes down for season?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Now that I think about it, I don't think the Nets would lose too much if Brook Lopez went down.

Kevin Garnett could slide back over to center where he is more effective and Andray Blatche is still one of better backup centers in the league behind him. Andrei Kirilenko would move into the starting lineup as a power forward giving the Nets another strong ball-handler + passer and adding some much improved defensive quickness to their lineup. Brooklyn would still have Reggie Evans at backup PF. Their backup SF would be a bit of question mark with Shengaila who hasn't established himself in the NBA yet.

Overall though, I think the Nets would still be in strong shape. Above .500

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Nets are a team that I'm not going to clutch pearls over until the All-star break. They still have things that they need to figure out.

If Lopez went down they would miss him, but I don't think they'd suddenly become a lottery squad. Nets have too much talent.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Finally people are seeing that the Nets are not going to be the top team in the east, far from it. I do not chime in on cb often because most viewpoints/ scenarios are discussed and I just like to look through them.  Yet this scenario has yet to be discussed.

Lopez is obvously the best player the nets have. What if he goes down for the season?  Does anyone have info on his health like what kept him out a whole season i think 2 years ago. Also how is he doing now, like is he over doing it bc kg etc can't play very much.

I will be honest. I do DREAM about the celts having two top ten picks in this draft. It's a daydream I have a lot and have had since the trade happened. I guess I equated this nets team to the dwite howard lakers. Many ppl have disagreed with me, i think bc they root for kg and pp. All I say to those who will be angry that some are rooting for the nets to lose (mostly because pp and kg) is this: FRANCHISE OVER EVERYTHING

If the Nets finish worse than the Hawks and have a better draft pick the Hawks can swap picks with the Nets and we'll get the Hawks pick.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I was thinking Deron Williams would be the tougher loss but that probably wouldn't be the case either.

Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson are both very good ball-handling and playmaking wings + they have Kevin Garnett as a high post facilitator to help out their guards + B.Lopez in the low post to run their offense through. More than enough offense. Plus Shaun Livingston + Jason Terry as backup guards to soak up some of those PG minutes.

They looked fairly solid without Deron Williams in preseason.

I reckon the Nets have enough quality across their starting lineup and strong enough depth to handle an injury to any one of their star players fairly well. Not singularly reliant on anyone really.

I think it would take multiple injuries to star players. To lose 2 or 3 stars at the same time for a prolonged period of time for their team to really take a big hit.