Author Topic: Matt Barnes is a punk  (Read 10748 times)

Matt Barnes is a punk
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Real tough guy pushing Ibaka in that OKC/LAC game...  I'd like to see a cage dropped around them and see how eager Barnes is to push Ibaka without his teammates and refs around to separate them.  What a soft loser.

I can't believe Ibaka got ejected.  His arm was locked in by Blake.  He ripped it back to himself.  Barnes comes out of nowhere and pushes him.  This league is so soft and full of a bunch of soft phonies.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Matt Barnes is a punk
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:55:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Matt Barnes is one of those players that I assume is awesome to have as a teammate and a real drag to play against.

Not unlike Kevin Garnett.

No way Ibaka should've been ejected, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Haha. The NBA's not so dirty little not so secret: Nonody wants a fight.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Nor should they.  I prefer the NBA sans fighting, to be honest. 

If folks want to see punches thrown, they can always tune into that other sport where grown men skate around with sticks and occasionally punch each other in the face. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
As Jalen Rose just said, you don't want to mess up your hand by punching someone else.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't think Matt Barnes is soft though.  Not at all.

One of the ultimate "hate him if he is not on your team" guys.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Matt Barnes is one of those players that I assume is awesome to have as a teammate and a real drag to play against.

Not unlike Kevin Garnett.

No way Ibaka should've been ejected, though.

Absolutely no reason. Refs did a job on OKC there.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If folks want to see punches thrown, they can always tune into that other sport where grown men skate around with sticks and occasionally punch each other in the face.

I think a lot of guys feel that way. I personally do not. I also can spend an entire Sunday watching youtube videos of NBA fights from the 80s. Larry Bird is in a few of them..although I bet he agrees with you now more then me.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Oh man, I forgot about the below-the-belt hit last year.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Yeah Barnes might be a punk, but I don't think he's soft.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 12:34:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/14/serge-ibaka-and-matt-barnes-ejected-after-altercation-involving-blake-griffin-video/

If you watch the video, Ibaka has a perfect right cross opportunity when he gets back in Barnes face, even had fist raised, but thought better of it.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 12:36:25 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

I think a lot of guys feel that way. I personally do not. I also can spend an entire Sunday watching youtube videos of NBA fights from the 80s. Larry Bird is in a few of them..although I bet he agrees with you now more then me.

Same.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:46:13 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Same.

If these guys started throwing punches on a regular basis, it would get ugly for the image of the league.  I suspect that there are a lot of folks out there who already think that large, tattooed, black men who earn a lot of money and play basketball for a living are "punks" or "thugs"  by nature.

For me, I have no desire to see that stereotype re-enforced by seeing NBA players getting into fist fights.  To me, the game of basketball doesn't need that in any way, shape, or form.

Luckily, for you guys, you'll always have your '80s NBA fight compilations on YouTube. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Same.

If these guys started throwing punches on a regular basis, it would get ugly for the image of the league.  I suspect that there are a lot of folks out there who already think that large, tattooed, black men who earn a lot of money and play basketball for a living are "punks" or "thugs"  by nature.

For me, I have no desire to see that stereotype re-enforced by seeing NBA players getting into fist fights.  To me, the game of basketball doesn't need that in any way, shape, or form.

Luckily, for you guys, you'll always have your '80s NBA fight compilations on YouTube.

I think that's probably the view of lots of the guys who run the league. Probably really sound too. But for me as a consumer, Id rather see a brawl once and a while. Baseball gets them , hockey gets them, football gets them, but not basketball. Not fair.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Same.

I think that's probably the view of lots of the guys who run the league. Probably really sound too. But for me as a consumer, Id rather see a brawl once and a while. Baseball gets them , hockey gets them, football gets them, but not basketball. Not fair.

Be honest, you just want another Malice so we can get some of the Pacers in the redisbursement draft.