Author Topic: Pierce and KG  (Read 4433 times)

Pierce and KG
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »

Offline sunnyd656

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
If we could have had hindsight, and they would have believed us etc. etc., do you guys think we'd be better with P and KG?

Or do you think we're doing as *good as we're doing* is because we don't have any "stars" and we're trying harder, etc..

Was wondering about this today, whats yall input.

Every year there are 6-7 teams with a lower winning percentage than our current record. I think we've gotten so used to ignoring the bottom feeders since 2008 that we've forgotten how bad some teams are.

Re: Pierce and KG
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:43:40 AM »

Offline sunnyd656

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
Clarifying ---- Hindsight meaning Nets would be worse than 6th grade sisters team.
  Every year there are 6-7 teams with a lower winning percentage than our current record. I think we've gotten so used to ignoring the bottom feeders since 2008 that we've forgotten how bad some teams are.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:36:55 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Good question, since they would at least have some continuity in the team's plays and defensive strategies if they have stayed here (or maybe not that much with Stevens replacing Doc), so they definitely wouldn't have to take some time to adapt like they do in Brooklyn.

I haven't seen Brooklyn play a lot but I have a hard time believing that KG and Pierce are "cooked" two months into the season. Yet I think we would be worse with them because they get some time to get going in the season and would struggle in second half of games.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:01:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
remember when the rumored asking price was DeAndre JOrdan and Eric Bledsoe?

DeAndre Jordan:  10 points, 13 rebounds, 2.2 blocks, 1.2 steals, 61% shooting

Eric Bledsoe:  19 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 49%/33%/80%

Crazy

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 04:47:26 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Crazy

TP. Indeed crazy.

Still, weren't you pretty darn happy about how Ainge handled it at the time and aren't you still pretty happy?

Plus, Bledsoe and Jordan are nice (very, very nice) but not championship pillar material.

The Clips were being petty (about a pick or something?). I still feel rosy as hell about the trade. Getting a freaking pick out of Doc Rivers was amazing.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 04:49:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wanted Bledsoe badly and would have sent AB out for him.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 08:54:53 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
i watched that game last night. The kickerbockers broke their 9 game losing streak by destroying the nets. KG looked ok but that team has no rhyme or reason. They look lost and Kidd is a complete joke as a coach.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
If we could have had hindsight, and they would have believed us etc. etc., do you guys think we'd be better with P and KG?

Or do you think we're doing as *good as we're doing* is because we don't have any "stars" and we're trying harder, etc..

Was wondering about this today, whats yall input.

No but I think we would be better if the Clippers dealt with us instead....
Diggles

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:41 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
They look miserable. I think not just because they're losing, but because they're wearing black instead of green.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Crazy

TP. Indeed crazy.

Still, weren't you pretty darn happy about how Ainge handled it at the time and aren't you still pretty happy?

Plus, Bledsoe and Jordan are nice (very, very nice) but not championship pillar material.

The Clips were being petty (about a pick or something?). I still feel rosy as hell about the trade. Getting a freaking pick out of Doc Rivers was amazing.

All accounts suggested the Clippers refused to give up both Bledsoe and Jordan.  So yeah... I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out.  Even if KG and PIerce were owning it right now for a championship contender... they have 1 or 2 years left until retirement.  You had to blow it up at some point and I don't think anyone else would have given up all those late 1st round picks for them.   I still think the Nets will coast into the playoffs, btw.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Crazy

TP. Indeed crazy.

All accounts suggested the Clippers refused to give up both Bledsoe and Jordan.  So yeah... I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out.  Even if KG and PIerce were owning it right now for a championship contender... they have 1 or 2 years left until retirement.  You had to blow it up at some point and I don't think anyone else would have given up all those late 1st round picks for them.   I still think the Nets will coast into the playoffs, btw.

They've still got a good shot, they just have to go .500 or so for the rest of the season.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
we'd be no better at all

i just hate we couldn't keep them until their last day and that the younger players will miss out on their tutoring...

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
i watched that game last night. The kickerbockers broke their 9 game losing streak by destroying the nets. KG looked ok but that team has no rhyme or reason. They look lost and Kidd is a complete joke as a coach.
their offense is pretty dysfunctional
it might look better with deron coming back but he is not that good at ball movement either
kevin paul, take it easy this year, kg can retire and come coach with us, paul come off the bench

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Crazy

TP. Indeed crazy.

That's true they aren't championship caliber. Although neither are any of our players besides Rondo. Bledsoe probably has higher trade value than anyone on our entire team.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline masteremile123

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I also watched Brooklyn vs New York and (for the first time watching him this season) Kg looked really decent. I mean I expected much much worse from everything I heard about him being done he looks ok. Problem is he can't create for himself anymore and there is no Rondo to give him his shots...