at Charlotte Bobcats (3-4) at Boston Celtics (4-4)
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #9 Home Game #4
TV: CSN-NE, SSO-CHA, NBA-LP 756(DTV)/753(XFinity)
Radio: 98.5 Sports Hub, WFNZ, WBZ
TD GardenProbable Starters
Jordan Crawford.....Avery Bradley....Jeff Green....Brandon Bass....Kelly Olynyk Celtics Reserves
Rajon Rondo (ACL)out
Jared Sullinger (knee) day to dayProbable Starters
Kemba Walker....Gerald Henderson....Michael Kidd-Gilchrist....Josh McRoberts....Al JeffersonBobcats Reserves
James Southerland Injuries
Brendon Haywood (foot) out
The Celtics continue their 3 game home stand as the Bobcats come to town for the first of 3 meetings between these two teams. Former Celtic Al Jefferson joined the Bobcats this off season and will start at center for them.
The Bobcats are 9-23 all time vs the Celtics and 3-13 all time in Boston. They split the season series last year 2-2 but were unable to win at the Garden.
The Bobcats return the same starting lineup as last season with the exception of Al Jefferson at the center position. That should give them some continuity. Bobcats coach, Steve Clifford returned for their last game just three days after he had two stents placed in his heart. The Bobcats lost to Atlanta for their second straight defeat.
The Celtics are mostly new to each other and have a new coach but have come together and are playing as a team and have won 4 in a row. They had 7 players in double figures in their last game and if they play like that again in this game, they should win this one.
Jared Sullinger has a bone bruise on his knee and is listed as day to day. If he can't go, Kris Humphries has played well and will most likely get his minutes. Key Matchups
Jordan Crawford vs Kemba Walker
Walker leads the Bobcats with 16.6 points per game. Crawford and Bradley must combine to slow him down and keep him from getting the team into their sets.
Kelly Olynyk vs Al Jefferson
Big Al is very good in the low post, although he is still getting into game shape after being out with a sprained ankle. Kelly will need to play solid defense or he will get burned. Honorable Mention
Avery Bradley vs Gerald Henderson
Henderson is averaging 14 points per game this season, but he always seems to get up to play the Celtics. He is averaging 20.0 points on 52.9 percent shooting over his last six games against the Celtics.Keys to the GameTeam Play
- The Celtics have been winning because they have been playing together and trusting each other. They need to continue team play and working together. Set the Pace
- The Celtics have been setting the pace in games and running for whole games. To quote Tommy, when they run, good things happen.
Take Care of the Ball
- The Celtics win streak has coincided with a reduction in their turnovers. They need to continue to take care of the ball and limit their turnovers. Rebound
- The Celtics have been holding their own on the boards. They must crash the boards as a team. Defense
- The Celtics have been playing very good defense and need to continue to defend as a team. X-Factors Confidence and Team Play
The Celtics seem to be building confidence with every win. Can they continue to play as a team and trust each other, or will they lapse into a half court game where it's each for his own?