Author Topic: OMG, the Nets stink  (Read 31241 times)

Re: OMG, the Nets stink
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ainge is the master. He planted KG and PP on the Nets to have a double tankfest.

TP

That's some of the funniest  stuff I heard all,night......   LOL

We'll see how spry they are in 75 games from now .

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The nets were bound to go through an adjustment period with a rookie coach and all these all stars. Joe and deron don't look aggressive right now. Ppl are being a little too passive. They'll get it together and if they're healthy in the playoffs only Lebron can beat that squad. Brooklyn beat Miami so I'm not worried.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 12:38:51 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
It is such an obvious play with AK47. The guy should get around 28 a game between the 3 and 4. So frustrating to see him deployed like that.
He's injured. Back tweaked. Minutes limitation as a result. He didn't even play the game before the one that they had against the Heat.

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Way too early to count them out, right?  Williams has his minutes restricted coming off an ankle injury.  You know he'll be much better as the season progresses.    Pierce missed shootaround today with an illness... he averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists 56%/36%/95% in a mere 27.8 minutes over the first 4 games.  Pretty freaking great.  KG's impact on the defensive end doesn't show up in traditional stats... you know those two are going to bring it hard come playoff time.

I don't think they'll have any trouble making the playoffs this year. 

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:49 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
They're probably the biggest threat to the Heat would take them over Indiana against Miami, if they can just get healthy to the playoffs they can be dangerous. The more they lose better for us though.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 04:13:14 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
They're probably the biggest threat to the Heat would take them over Indiana against Miami, if they can just get healthy to the playoffs they can be dangerous. The more they lose better for us though.

The Pacers are for real..they had gained extensive experience in the playoffs and will be the real threat to the cHeat...the Nets on the otherhand is not built for the regular season. They will be lucky to reach 40 wins but even that imo is a stretch..there is something wrong about the team that just dont synch...and they are an injury away from their top6 players and theyd certainly implode. B.Lopez  most especially is the one that is keeping them competitve but I cant see him playing all 82 games..once they are assured of a playoff spot they will go on cruise control to save the old legs of KG and PP so i see that as a positive net gain for us in draft positioning.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The Pacers are for real..they had gained extensive experience in the playoffs and will be the real threat to the cHeat...the Nets on the otherhand is not built for the regular season. They will be lucky to reach 40 wins but even that imo is a stretch..there is something wrong about the team that just dont synch...and they are an injury away from their top6 players and theyd certainly implode. B.Lopez  most especially is the one that is keeping them competitve but I cant see him playing all 82 games..once they are assured of a playoff spot they will go on cruise control to save the old legs of KG and PP so i see that as a positive net gain for us in draft positioning.

Indiana is for real.  George is easily the best player on either team.  Hibbert is definitely better than Lopez.  Brooklyn will likely be a tough playoff team though and could still be a title threat.  How quickly we forget how good they looked against Miami last week.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Nets have a very "Celtic-like" (circa 2011-13) season this year.  Kidd will probably ease back on many players.  Motivation could be a factor also in the regular season. I'd expect to see some losses to teams they shouldn't lose to.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Danny timed the move right.

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
They are slow footed. Don't make enough hustle plays. Struggle to rebound outside their area. Don't force many turnovers. Beaten in 50-50 plays.

I think they'd be better off moving one of their wings to the bench and bringing in an athletic energizer and defender to start games.

Looking back 2 seasons,this is why inserting Bass (and especially Bradley into our starting lineup turned the Celts from a fringe playoff team to a fringe contender. There's a tipping point in team athleticism that starting JO/KG/PP/RA put us on the wrong side of. I haven't seen much of the Nets but they're probably on the wrong side of it as well.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
100% coasting

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Indiana is for real.  George is easily the best player on either team.  Hibbert is definitely better than Lopez.  Brooklyn will likely be a tough playoff team though and could still be a title threat.  How quickly we forget how good they looked against Miami last week.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Nets have a very "Celtic-like" (circa 2011-13) season this year.  Kidd will probably ease back on many players.  Motivation could be a factor also in the regular season. I'd expect to see some losses to teams they shouldn't lose to.

Well, except that Miami hasn't looked too good themselves so far, with Lebron's back issues. They lost to Phili for example. There is a very real possibility that the Nets may collapse this year. Pierce and KG look even older and slower than last year, and now so does Joe Johnson. Lopez looks great, but is still not a defender, and Derron is not a difference maker. Kidd is having some issues adjusting as a rookie coach, and their supposedly deep bench looks old and/or slow with Terry, Kirilenko, and Reggie Evans. They will make the playoffs, but I don't see them being a top 4 seed or going far at all, and next year I can easily see KG and Pierce walking.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
The biggest problem with that team is D-Will.  He's gone from one of the top 5 players in the NBA to not really interested in playing basketball anymore.  He is just not dedicated anymore.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
The biggest problem with that team is D-Will.  He's gone from one of the top 5 players in the NBA to not really interested in playing basketball anymore.  He is just not dedicated anymore.

so he's gone all Mark Blount on them?

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »

Offline jdredskin44

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Remember though, Atlanta needs to keep losing also. They get the better of the two picks.

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Rebounding is really hurting them.  Lopez is getting outrebounded by Pierce.

I think the D-Will's and AK-47's injury issues are also making them look extra old and slow. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri