Author Topic: Rondo's calf muscles  (Read 9438 times)

Rondo's calf muscles
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I mentioned this in the game thread the other night, but I imagine a lot of people missed it.   

I was listening to the Jazz broadcast and they mentioned having watched Rondo prior to the game.  They said one calf muscle was drastically larger than the other.  They said it would take a while for him to build it up and guessed he was "at least" a couple months away. 

Just figured I'd pass that along since there hasn't been a ton of officially status updates on Rondo.  My guess is we don't see him until after All-star break, if ever.

Re: Rondo's calf muscles
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
My guess is we don't see him until after All-star break, if ever.

LOL. Kiss him goodbye, everyone. Rondo is done.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Seems odd that a Jazz announcer would notice this and not the tons of celtics media members who are around the team and rondo constantly

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Haha pretty sure he only meant for this season.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I wouldn't be so sure about that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Lol. 

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He had a major Knee injury with surgery, it is not unusual to have calf atrophy after a knee injury. It is up to him to rehab the leg. I think they should follow the Rose plan sit him for the year.

TANK you very much.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »

Kiorrik

Oh well. I've had that happen to me too when I had ankle surgery, and had an infection to the wound. Ended up lying in bed for more than 6 weeks with my foot up above me. Got around the house by skipping on one leg.

When the cast came off, I was shocked. Honestly shocked. Apart from all the dead skin underneath my foot, which was gross, the calf muscle was GONE. Really weird, and looked like someone else's limb.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it'd happen to him as well.

That said, I came to this topic thinking:

"A topic for Rondo's calves? Sheesh! Why don't we give each calf their own topic while we're at it?!"

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Oh well. I've had that happen to me too when I had ankle surgery, and had an infection to the wound. Ended up lying in bed for more than 6 weeks with my foot up above me. Got around the house by skipping on one leg.

When the cast came off, I was shocked. Honestly shocked. Apart from all the dead skin underneath my foot, which was gross, the calf muscle was GONE. Really weird, and looked like someone else's limb.

"A topic for Rondo's calves? Sheesh! Why don't we give each calf their own topic while we're at it?!"
Seriously though I wonder how long it takes to build up a calf muscle.  I imagine it's his leg in general and not just the calf.  The announcers just commented on one calf being dramatically larger than the other.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:28 PM »

Kiorrik

Seriously though I wonder how long it takes to build up a calf muscle.  I imagine it's his leg in general and not just the calf.  The announcers just commented on one calf being dramatically larger than the other.
I'd say "dramatizing differences" is a KPI for announcers.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
There is nothing to worry here. Rondo is young, he has a historical background of being an athlete.

All Rondo needs to do is heal up sufficiently and slowly begin exercising. He will need to ingest more protein, steroid precursors will help speed up muscle mass generation.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is called atrophy.   It happens to almost everyone who gets injured on crutches.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He should stay out till he returns to normal.

I believe their is zero rush this year for his return ,  don't think he sees the court till sometime in Feb. or even March.     With Celtics not a playoff team ,  he'll take the full year off.......return fully recovered like Rose did.

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I mentioned this in the game thread the other night, but I imagine a lot of people missed it.   

I was listening to the Jazz broadcast and they mentioned having watched Rondo prior to the game.  They said one calf muscle was drastically larger than the other.  They said it would take a while for him to build it up and guessed he was "at least" a couple months away. 

Just figured I'd pass that along since there hasn't been a ton of officially status updates on Rondo.  My guess is we don't see him until after All-star break, if ever.

Probably just wishful thinking on your part. Not only would the local reporters have seen the same pre-game warm-ups, they've probably also seen him participate in a decent amount of non-contact drills at practices. Bad as I think they are, I doubt every one of them missed what the Jazz announcers caught.

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
He should stay out till he returns to normal.

I believe their is zero rush this year for his return ,  don't think he sees the court till sometime in Feb. or even March.     With Celtics not a playoff team ,  he'll take the full year off.......return fully recovered like Rose did.

that will make his "dunk off my right leg" comment pretty hypocritical won't it?