Author Topic: Rondo's calf muscles  (Read 9439 times)

Re: Rondo's calf muscles
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »

fitzhickey

Rondo looks like a pirate hahaha

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

With most people, you could probably tell them that either leg's the one that's atrophied and they'd look at the picture and agree with you.

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I mentioned this in the game thread the other night, but I imagine a lot of people missed it.   

I was listening to the Jazz broadcast and they mentioned having watched Rondo prior to the game.  They said one calf muscle was drastically larger than the other.  They said it would take a while for him to build it up and guessed he was "at least" a couple months away. 

Just figured I'd pass that along since there hasn't been a ton of officially status updates on Rondo.  My guess is we don't see him until after All-star break, if ever.

I am so shocked by this info. Who would have thought a guy who suffered an acl tear would have muscle atrophy? I guess he must have limped a bunch and not used the leg. I bet the cast must have done something too. Wow. Still, he should be ready by next week, right? Guess not everyone is like Adrian? Maybe.

It is unreal the crap folks took for saying he wouldn't be back until next year. Along the way I am pretty sure there was a pole that had about a third of the posters thinking he would start the season. That's fine and all but it would have been nice if they didn't feel the need to think the rest of us were fools.

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

With most people, you could probably tell them that either leg's the one that's atrophied and they'd look at the picture and agree with you.

Doesn't help that he's standing in contrapposto, either.

Whoops, that's Wallace. Who also looks like one of his legs has been atrophied.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I mentioned this in the game thread the other night, but I imagine a lot of people missed it.   

I was listening to the Jazz broadcast and they mentioned having watched Rondo prior to the game.  They said one calf muscle was drastically larger than the other.  They said it would take a while for him to build it up and guessed he was "at least" a couple months away. 

Just figured I'd pass that along since there hasn't been a ton of officially status updates on Rondo.  My guess is we don't see him until after All-star break, if ever.

I am so shocked by this info. Who would have thought a guy who suffered an acl tear would have muscle atrophy? I guess he must have limped a bunch and not used the leg. I bet the cast must have done something too. Wow. Still, he should be ready by next week, right? Guess not everyone is like Adrian? Maybe.

It is unreal the crap folks took for saying he wouldn't be back until next year. Along the way I am pretty sure there was a pole that had about a third of the posters thinking he would start the season. That's fine and all but it would have been nice if they didn't feel the need to think the rest of us were fools.

I wouldn't get too carried away with this "atrophy" stuff:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/11/davis_looks_back_on_days_gone_by

It’s fairly typical for any player recovering from surgery to accelerate his own comeback, which is why Ainge was a little surprised to learn from the training staff this week that Rondo has been playing one-and-one before road games.

The Celtics president of basketball operations stressed yesterday that this doesn’t mean Rondo has been cleared for full contact or scrimmaging. That decision is in the hands of Rondo’s surgeon, Dr. James Andrews.

“He played 3-on-3 three weeks ago when he wasn’t supposed to,” said Ainge. “But I asked (the training staff) if it was OK for him to be playing one-on-one, and the answer was yes. Of course playing one-on-one is one thing. It doesn’t mean he’s ready to play to the NBA standard.”

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Bill Brasky is that you?

All of the Tommy points ever for you.

Haha I thought I was going to be the only one to get that reference.  Sweet.

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

here is photo hope it works seems recent.

http://redsarmy.com/2013/10/02/celtkicks-training-camp-kicks/

To me, his right leg seems smaller because it is facing the camera.  I don't really get what the big deal is about his leg?

Now his arms and shoulders, sheesh when did they become xxl?  I hope that is just a lot of lifting in the time when he couldn't run and do tons of cardio.