Author Topic: Magic (3-4) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/11  (Read 62735 times)

Re: Magic (3-4) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/11
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
120 points? On 60 percent from the field? Are you kidding me? Is Brad Stevens a wizard or what? How does he have these guys playing this well? I'm seriously in shock.
In related news, Jordan Crawford now has 44 assists and 10 TO on the season.  :o
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
I'm shocked at how effective both Crawford and Pressey have been as PG's.

« Reply #362 on: November 12, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

It is refreshing that the Celtics for the first time in about 10 years finally can see what it looks like to have a legitimate basketball coach. Absolutely refreshing.

« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
'm shocked at how effective both Crawford and Pressey have been as PG's.

I'm glad they've moved AB back to SG.    It really helps the team not to mention AB's confidence.

« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
As usual I DVR'd the game and just got finished watching it.
WOW!!! Where do you start...120 points, 60%FG, 7 players in double figures including the 5 starters. best move ever made was getting Bradley away from being a point guard.
This coach is amazing. I don't know how many of you saw the split screen they did the other night of Green sinking that three and Stevens reaction to it??? there was no reaction, the guy just stood there as cool as a cucumber.
I really want to see them get this next win over the Bobcats because the next five games after that are monsters....

Trailblazers
@ Timberwolves
@ Rockets
@ Spurs
Pacers

If they play the way they have been, these should be some interesting games but they will have to pick it up on defense because they're not going to be shooting 60% every night!!!

« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2013, 06:31:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

It is refreshing that the Celtics for the first time in about 10 years finally can see what it looks like to have a legitimate basketball coach. Absolutely refreshing.
Yeah, I was getting tired of all that "playing defense" and "taking high-percentage shots" nonsense, too.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #366 on: November 12, 2013, 06:37:26 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, I was getting tired of all that "playing defense" and "taking high-percentage shots" nonsense, too.

Let's go ahead and not pretend that the offense was anything but painful to watch the past 2-3 years, alright?

The Big 3 Celtics were a mess on offense ever since Shaq went out with an achilles injury.

It is absolutely refreshing to see this team making the most of its disparate parts and playing energetic, fast-break basketball.  It won't work consistently against good teams, but it's fun when it does work against a bad team like Orlando.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #367 on: November 12, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92

Let's go ahead and not pretend that the offense was anything but painful to watch the past 2-3 years, alright?

The Big 3 Celtics were a mess on offense ever since Shaq went out with an achilles injury.

It is absolutely refreshing to see this team making the most of its disparate parts and playing energetic, fast-break basketball.  It won't work consistently against good teams, but it's fun when it does work against a bad team like Orlando.

We will see if this type offense only works against bad teams. after the Bobcats we have five games in a row against above average teams and if we can grab three of the five I will be a very happy camper!!!

« Reply #368 on: November 12, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah, let's go ahead and pretend that it was all because of coaching, and had nothing to do with the age and declining talents of our best players.