Author Topic: Jazz (0-4) at Celtics (0-4) Game 5 11/6  (Read 64580 times)

Re: Jazz (0-4) at Celtics (0-4) Game 5 11/6
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:57 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Things are shaping up nicely, I have the C's at three wins at the end of the month.  Winning tonight, against the Bobcats at home and at Mil ( maybe )....

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Big game from Kelly ....

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If wallace isn't starting tonight due to knee and mouth  8)
will it be crawford for better pg skills or 2 man backcourt no point guard of bradley and lee

i'm starting to think lee might step up his game, its been a slow start for him but maybe just maybe
expect green and fav to look good again, hopefully some more minutes for sully BUT NO MORE THREES!  stay on the block and rebound

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
tonight's matchup.....

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
People talkin about the Jazz as a tanking team, but their starting big men have been double-double machines so far this season.

I expect them to crush the Celtics in the paint.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
People talkin about the Jazz as a tanking team, but their starting big men have been double-double machines so far this season.

I don't believe it. We have a veritable army of feisty paint defenders on our roster.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't believe it. We have a veritable army of feisty paint defenders on our roster.

Give a player enough playing time and looks and he will get 10 and 10. I actually think Faverani and Sullinger are an even matchup for Kanter and Favors, maybe even have an advantage over the Jazz duo.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Give a player enough playing time and looks and he will get 10 and 10. I actually think Faverani and Sullinger are an even matchup for Kanter and Favors, maybe even have an advantage over the Jazz duo.

Well, I'll agree to disagree and hope that I'm proven wrong.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 05:45:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I like the Sully vs Favors matchup. I think Sully is the more skilled player and maybe has the advantage there. At worst, it's neutral.

I don't have a good read yet on Faverani. He has shown some positive things and some negative things. His performance has varied widely at times and I am not sure how he'll fare against a guy like Kanter (since he hasn't faced anyone like that yet) so I'll give Kanter the nod here.

Where I really like it for Boston is whenever one of Kanter/Favors goes to the bench because Boston's other big men are much much better than Utah's backup bigs. Utah have no depth up front.

It's not just the downgrade of Big Al and Millsap to Kanter and Favors but it's also the downgrade of having Kanter and Favors as backup bigs (arguably the best big combination in the league last year) to the guys they got off the bench this year.

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Crawford is starting at PG tonight, finally, with Bradley shifting to the 2 and Green at the 3 with Wallace out.

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Crawford to start at the point with Bradley at the two.  Wallace off the bench.  Hopefully with Ab and Craw both staring Pressey will get some time.  But then I keep saying this and it never happens. 

A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN 56m

Crawford at the point tonight. Bradley, green, bass and Faverani in the starting lineup for #celtics

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We should be able to snap out of our losing streak tonight but if we lose I sure as hell won't be mad.  It's all for the greater good.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Glad that Crawford is finally starting at point.

[reads comment, jumps in front of fast-moving vehicle]

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I like the Sully vs Favors matchup. I think Sully is the more skilled player and maybe has the advantage there. At worst, it's neutral.

I don't have a good read yet on Faverani. He has shown some positive things and some negative things. His performance has varied widely at times and I am not sure how he'll fare against a guy like Kanter (since he hasn't faced anyone like that yet) so I'll give Kanter the nod here.

Where I really like it for Boston is whenever one of Kanter/Favors goes to the bench because Boston's other big men are much much better than Utah's backup bigs. Utah have no depth up front.

It's not just the downgrade of Big Al and Millsap to Kanter and Favors but it's also the downgrade of having Kanter and Favors as backup bigs (arguably the best big combination in the league last year) to the guys they got off the bench this year.
I also agree I like Fav-Sully over Favors-Kanter. Celtics front court is really not in bad shape. They can bang with anybody (add in Hump too) and there some good offensive skills in both Sully and Olynyk. Even Fav's offensive game is decent at times, just needs to be be more consistent.

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Glad that Crawford is finally starting at point.

[reads comment, jumps in front of fast-moving vehicle]

I'm glad Bradley is starting at the two, where he belongs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference