Author Topic: Your favorite Player not named Wiggins or Parker  (Read 20867 times)

Re: Your favorite Player not named Wiggins or Parker
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Here is some H.S. game tape of Wiggins. I'm fully expecting to not draft him but It sure would be nice.

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
my only concern with Wiggins is his motor?  People had the same questions about Harrison Barnes, how he can float through games.  But Wiggins is a better prospect and a once in a generation type of athlete.  You should google the Wiggins vs Randle AAU games, Wiggins had his way with him...it was impressive...

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
my only concern with Wiggins is his motor?  People had the same questions about Harrison Barnes, how he can float through games.  But Wiggins is a better prospect and a once in a generation type of athlete.  You should google the Wiggins vs Randle AAU games, Wiggins had his way with him...it was impressive...

Motor is definitely the most overrated and silly knock on players.

Drummond and Barnes have proved that recently.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Great to see all the love for Dante Exum.

As much as I like the young lad and would love to see him in the NBA as soon as possible, I think a year at college would be good for his development.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Parker looks the most NBA ready. His game reminds me so much of Carmelo but he seems to be a better passer then Melo was at the age of 19. I would love to see Jabari is Boston. Not only cause i am a Duke fan but I think he ends up being the best player to come out. Wiggins is going to be very good as well. Something about wiggins worries me though. Parker's game doesn't lack in many places where as wiggins seems to have a little issue with his motor and his shooting ability.

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm starting to get intrigued by this guy. NBADRAFT.NET has him going in the second round.

I guess I can safely say he's MarShon Brooks with better (maybe much better) defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCpknU85PU

Jay Bilas is going to love this guy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
This is going to be an exciting season.  As we continue to plummet to the bottom of the NBA landscape, this might be the most invested I'll ever get in an NCAA season.  WE're only going to get more pumped as we start to get familiar with the many options available in this draft.  We'll inevitably overhype a bunch of them, but it seems there's at least 5 guys in this draft that could be franchise building blocks. 

Draftexpress currently has Jabari Parker going #7... and I fully expect us to have a top 8 pick.

I think we have a top 5 pick once everything is said and done. Top 7 for sure. I really like Randle. Dude is a monster.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
I'm starting to get intrigued by this guy. NBADRAFT.NET has him going in the second round.

I guess I can safely say he's MarShon Brooks with better (maybe much better) defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCpknU85PU

Jay Bilas is going to love this guy.

I watch the Vols a lot, so I'm glad you brought this guy up.

First of all, I believe his coach holds him back.  This is a guy with the athleticism to get baskets in transition and with the ability to create his own shot in the halfcourt, but not often enough is he put in position to take advantage of either of these skills.  Cuonzo Martin runs a slow, post-oriented scheme with (to my eyes) little player movement off the ball, so it restricts McRae's driving space and relegates him to an outside shooter role much more often than should be the case.

He's not going to give you a ton on the glass, and while he's a willing passer he's not going to rack up a ton of assists either.  He usually tries on defense and has excellent length for the SG position, but he lacks bulk and can be pushed around by physical players.  His best skill is putting the ball in the hoop, and he can do it from anywhere.  Good shooter, can drive, good at using his length to finish in a crowd despite his slight build.  Getting to the line at a good clip this year, we'll see if that continues.

More potential than most seniors, in my opinion.  I see him as a poor man's Kevin Martin (and if he develops, maybe not all that poor).  The catch is that he needs to be able to score efficiently at the NBA level - if he can't do that, he doesn't do other things at a high enough level to make up for it. 

I'd gladly take a chance on him.

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Smart

Has a great motor and is very intense. Good all-around player. His one weakness was shooting, but that looks to be much better. Has a lot of Wade to his game. Maybe not athletic as Wade, but definitely stronger at the same age.

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:08 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
one of my fav playas

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'm pretty sure Randle is the consensus 2nd pick from what I've heard buT the draft is a long time from now. Anyway i want Randle and to trade anything and everything we have to get another top 10 pick.
My early top picks:
1 Wiggins
2 Randle
3 Exum
4 Parker
5 Embiid
6 smart
7 Andrew Harrison
8 Hezonja
9 Selden
10 Harell

Btw don't think Aaron Gordon is going to be good... handle seems sloppy, he can't shoot, and is too small to be a pf

Yeah, I don't like Gordon either. He's a tweener. Has the size of a SF, but the perimeter skills of a PF. He'll get drafted very high due to his athletic ability, but he is a high bust candidate.

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I always like Geddy Lee on Bass and James Jamerson.

Randle 

55 FG%
13.1 RPG
19 PPG

Parker
56 FG%
8.8 RPG
23  PPG

Wiggins isn't in the same stratum as these two.   I like Randle better as he is more of a beast down low.   Wiggins is scoring like less than 16 PPG.

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
I went to the Ok St / USF game on Monday and have some impressions of Marcus Smart.  First, he did whatever he wanted on the court.  USF threw some pretty good defense at him but Smart ended up with 23 first half points on a combination of ISOs, follow up dunks on misses, jump shots and a 3/4 court shot at the end of the half.

I've seen someone compare him to Kidd, but he is way more athletic than Kidd.  He finishes around the basket when he seemingly has no access to the rim.  He is explosive and at 6'4" played one of the baseline defensive position in the zone.  He is built like Kidd but is a combo guard who can get above the rim.

Some of his scores looked like another 6'4" two guard, D. Wade.  He's just not as agile and plays with fire.  I'd be thrilled with him, he is going to be a star.

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Joel Emblid

Celtic Bloggers give me your honest opinion on this prospect. He's top 5 in a lot of projections. I'm skeptical but He just started playing basketball a year or two ago. So they claim anyway. The video is less than two minutes.

http://youtu.be/qBwSvIOOzMo

KG- I'm with you. I hate this scouting report. His profile is basically that he is the Rolls Royce of Fab Melo-like-prospects. So athletic! So coordinated! Such great body control for someone with that size! He doesn't play basketball, but we can teach him! Oh how we shall teach him!!

In the Duke game, Kansas sometimes got him the ball too far from the hoop for him to score, and Duke rushed a double-team at him.  Rather than make a mistake, I twice in the first half saw him pass over the double team to a cutter heading for the now unguarded basket.  Both times the passes were perfectly easy to handle, and led to a lay-up and a Wiggins dunk.  It was those plays that made me really like him, because they showed an understanding of the game, and a skill based on not being tall, strong, and agile (which he very much is).  No questioning that he still has a lot to learn, but he's clearly learned some things already, which is more than you could ever say for Fab.